2012 > Brooklyn Loves MJ by Spike Lee [Event is cancelled]

Ashtanga

Proud Member
We finally got confirmation from Spike's people that there WILL be a celebration this year! Sat, Aug 25th with a rain date of Sun, August 26th. It is going to be at usual spot Prospect Park, Nethermead Field in Brooklyn, NY. More details soon! Invite your friends!

Brooklyn Loves Michael Jackson

Free Celebrate Michael Jackson's birthday at Prospect Park!

Map It Saturday, August 25, 12 – 5 p.m.

Nethermead
Celebrate Michael Jackson's birthday at Prospect Park! Spike Lee, 40 Acres and a Mule Filmworks*, Spike DDB, and the Republic of Brooklyn invite you to join in the fun of honoring this legend with a special birthday celebration.

Forty Acres website

*40 Acres And A Mule is documenting Michael Jackson's Birthday Celebration in Prospect Park, Brooklyn, New York on August 25th, 2012. By your presence in the Prospect Park - Nethermead Field area, you acknowledge that you have been informed that you may be photographed, recorded and videotaped. Further, by your presence there, you grant your permission for your likeness and voice to be included without compensation, credit or other consideration.
http://www.facebook.com/BrooklynLovesMJ/posts/386926374675895

:woohoo:
kermit.gif

Re: 2012 > Brooklyn Loves MJ by Spike Lee

yeah!! Spike... Thank You! I am so happy that he is continuing to honor MJ

YES! I am all over this too-- woohoo! Anyone joining this, don't forget to stop by the Legacy of Love stand to meet other NYC locals for MJ related fun throughout the year!

YES! I am all over this too-- woohoo! Anyone joining this, don't forget to stop by the Legacy of Love stand to meet other NYC locals for MJ related fun throughout the year!

You actually will have a L.O.L stand? At the Spike event? How cool is that?
That sounds like so much fun! All of it does.

:)

I could finally go this year! I used to live in the BK (for non New Yorkers, that means Brooklyn :wink:). I live in Long Island, NY now which is like 20 - 30 minutes from the BK. And I'm not doing anything for the Summer so I'll definitely be there!

Great to see it happening this year as well :)

Yes, we will have a stand! We are SUPER EXCITED! I can't wait to meet other local fans :)

:holiday::cheers:GREAT NEWS!!! Thanks for sharing!! :clap::woohoo::jump:

So great that Spike still does this.

^__^ I'm ecstatic about this. Hopefully I can come

This will be my first year going! :)

Any volunteers here?

40Acres&AMuleFlmwrks ?@40AcresBrooklyn
Need Volunteers for annual BK Loves MJ event on 8/25/12 Prospect Park. Send resume to bkmjvolunteers@gmail.com. Submission deadline 7/31/12
Retweeted by Spike Lee

I'm volunteering for the heal the children thing at the prospect park party with my friend. :)

I won't be attending again this year because of my heat/sun sensitivity but I hope everyone who does has a great time. I wonder if Joe Jackson will appear? I mean, he was in the NYC Puerto Rican day parade so why wouldn't he want to be a part of this celebration for his son?

cant wait! i was so mad it was cancelled last year, stupid hurricane lol

This will be my 2nd year...Can't wait.

Wished I lived closer....:(

Back