2009 Grammy Awards nominations

Erykah is nominated for her Honey video. I'm happy about BoyzIIMen too. I hope if they wins, the album sales gets a boost. Talkin practical benefits for them. BTW, didn't know Jasmine Sullivan went to that high school.

She was? Good for her. I must have missed it on the thread. I hope they all win because they totally deserve it. Yes, Boys II Men and Jasmine went to the same high scholl (not at the the same time) known as the Creative And Performance Arts aka C.A.P.A. It is a great high school located in South Philly.

Regarding the Grammys aka the Shammys, I was not looking forward to that "concert" that was aired last Wednesday. Could care less. All I cared about was who was going to be nominated and who should win. I was not too happy with the certain people who were nominated. I can't see how Jonas Brothers can be nominated for anything in music. They are another Disney product to me. Lil Wayne made terrible music this year, but hey, what music that was mainstream was really good with the exception of some artists? Last year's Grammys reminded me why the Grammys should be called the Shammys. And as for Mariah Carey, honestly, she hasn't been on point since she let go on that evil Tommy Mottola. I cannot stand the "singing voice" that she is singing. She is falling off big time.

Viva La Vida allll the way!!

but honestly, i can't wait for michael's new album [ praying it happens soon ].... lol, no other artist will even DREAM of releasing theirs in the same DECADE!

haha :p

And i'm sorry...but WHY are Jonas Broz, Kate Perry, and Leona Lewis even nomiated!!!

ugghh.... i don't like these new pop sensations. they ANNNOY me!!!

stupid lyrics, stupid songs, stupid videos, stuppppid stupppid stupppid.

they have talent but they let corporate companies rule them!

huhh...i guess there never will be another michael typa person.

maybe.....prince. .... or paris...when they grow up :D

but come on, give Leona some credit.

She is MILES AHEAD of Katy and the Jonas brats.

And i'm sorry...but WHY are Jonas Broz, Kate Perry, and Leona Lewis even nomiated!!!

ugghh.... i don't like these new pop sensations. they ANNNOY me!!!

stupid lyrics, stupid songs, stupid videos, stuppppid stupppid stupppid.

they have talent but they let corporate companies rule them!

huhh...i guess there never will be another michael typa person.

maybe.....prince. .... or paris...when they grow up :D

yeah..but the corprate company that is ruling the three artists u mentioned, publishing wise, is...atv, lol. if it works for them, it works for MJ:punk:

F**k corporations. Put out quality music, then we'll see what the Grammys do, if they continue to nominate crap, banish they ass! :lol:

F**k corporations. Put out quality music, then we'll see what the Grammys do, if they continue to nominate crap, banish they ass! :lol:

whats a matta, u don't like that the grammys are being held at STAPLES center, right down the street from CITIZEN'S BANK arena? :lol:

and in their prime they should have.

i'm not at all defending the corrupt industry's awards, but saying that artists like Mike or Al today will not have an influential impact on the future of music - they already did that.

there are cats out there who are doing some creative, influential and innovative stuff, especially in electronic-music, that deserve at the least the recognition more than half the muppets who are being nominated and winning major awards today, let alone being heavily marketed to the masses who'd buy into anything.

i am for awards and mass recognition, just not the way it's being handled.

Agree.
As much as I hate awards and I really don't see no point in them anymore. They would be fine IF they just gave awards or nominated artists who are deserving at not on popularity.
There are plenty of young artists of today that make influential, creative and innovative music but they are just not popular. I dunno why unpopular acts are restricted from awards and getting recognition if the whole concept of the cermemony is suppose to recognize all music in general.
I don't see no point in awards if your just going to reward crap and who's popular and its sad thats how the industry works now.

Todays music and all the crap that is being nominated gives me another reason not to watch this year BUT I must say I am surprised Eric Benet, Raheem Devaughn, Radiohead, Erykah and surpisely a few others were even nominated.

Thanks arXter for the info.

I've never gotten the point of giving a trophy. It's just a markeing gimmick. Such & such singer/movie/TV show got an award, so people go out to buy it or watch it to see what it is about. There's thousands of albums released each year and I seriously doubt that someone listened to all of them. The only things that are nominated are the albums that sold the most that year (except the stuff that's never shown on the TV broadcast, such as best spoken word album or Native American album). I don't listen to any of that, so it means nothing to me, and I never watch it. Award shows are just ego fests. If you think awards are serious, remember 2 words - Milli Vanilli.

Well said. That pretty much sums up my view on awards and record sells of today.

But as it's been pointed out, the Grammys were always a corrupt system. It took Marvin eight nominations and a 22-year solo career to get a Grammy and the best thing was he won it LIVE. But still Marvin and people like him who have been some of the most influential musicians ever should've gotten more Grammys than they got but we are dealing with the Shammies though so expect to lose even though you won (in a sense) if you get my drift. :lol:

Agree Tim.
Grammys and all awards in generally have been mainly projected towards acts and artists that were popular the only difference is alot of the artists being nominated of the past were more descent than artists being nominated today.

~To busy thinking bout my baby and I ain't got time for nothing elseee~

Last edited:
but come on, give Leona some credit.

She is MILES AHEAD of Katy and the Jonas brats

I have to agree with this statement. At least Leona is singing and is on key.

The Grammy's don't count for anything anymore anyway.

Then why post anything on this thread? If you do not care why even comment? I do not care about the Grammys, but I care about the well deserving artists being nominated for them. All I have to say about this is if MJ was nominated, this poster would be the first ones to give the Grammys some props.

As much as I hate awards and I really don't see no point in them anymore. They would be fine IF they just gave awards or nominated artists who are deserving at not on popularity.

I have to agree. I watch these award shows to see who wins. Not for the "talent" because they are nominating MTV staples and Disney channel brats for these "serious" awards. I mean, what a rip off.

There are plenty of young artists of today that make influential, creative and innovative music but they are just not popular. I dunno why unpopular acts are restricted from awards and getting recognition if the whole concept of the cermemony is suppose to recognize all music in general

Exactly and that is why I was happy that Jasmine Sullivan was nominated for five Grammy awards but I doubt that she would win any of them. I hate to say it but for Best New Artists, the idiots at the Grammys would give it to the crappy Jonas Brothers. I can just feel it. The Grammys have fallen off and has become more of a joke than an actual award show that takes real music seriously and awards the ones to the very artists who clearly had a great year, musically.

If you think awards are serious, remember 2 words - Milli Vanilli.

Who can forget that trainwreck? Man, when they gave back their Grammy - wow - it tells you something about the music business at that time. Pathetic.

Thanks for this arx. I'm actually laughing at most of it, especially Beyonce :lol: (and how she managed to get in there with a 4 year old song sung live lmao)

lol wtf?? grammy awards sux

Back