2000 Watts...meaning??

Watching Michael's 'directing' and 'interaction' with Orianthi's guitar during the solo for Beat it in the movie sure proves the point, don't it? :innocent:

No kidding. :ph34r: The temperature spiked very suddenly. "This is your moment to shine and we'll be right there with you." Suuuuuuuuure. I rest my case.

2000 Watts is so obviously about sex. It's that music equipment/extension/whatever you wanna call it thing. He constantly talked about bliss/ecstasy when dancing etc. Music and dance is just one way to get there, ahem. And if you're really really lucky, then music and dance is almost the same as sex. :cheeky:

Metaphors are comparisons that show how two things that are not alike in most
ways are similar in one important way. Metaphors are a way to describe something.
Authors use them to make their writing more interesting or entertaining.

:yes: I agree about the methaphors.

the song uses them to compare sex and love for music and hi-tech sound and systems.. be it body systems or audio/video systems..and brings them together it shows that they all can 'act' or 'be' alike.

:)

:yes:

im gonna tweet tyrese (since he co wrote it ) and ask .. lol
Yeah, I'm sure Tyrese will know. I have a feeling that 2000 Watts was originally going to be on Tyrese's album "2000 Watts" anyway.

oh my god I can't listen to this song without blushing anymore :8-25-03stretcher:

it's unfair of him to have made a song like this...... :bugeyed

Electronic world yes, video games world no. Hell no. No one wheres 3D glasses to play video games, lol, you could relate that more to the fact that the game is 3D, not that its red and blue. All the rest is about sound, Dolby sound, Bass, levels come on. If he said

3D, high speed, feedback, Dolby
Release PSP, when I got it took it back for Nintendo Wii
Compaq PC, oh no, its slow, im so lazy
My favourite game is Mario Galaxy

Then it would be about video games, lol.

AHHAHHAHHAH omg..hilarious!!!!

GinnyJackson;2420420 said:
lol WOW ok i know we all know the lyrics but lets all take a look at them again ok... just for shits and giggles. I have read through all 10 pages of this thread and i seriously can not believe some thought it was about Video games... WOW ok here are the lyrics

Michael Jackson 2000 Watts Lyrics:
Bass note, treble, stereo
control, how low you go
Just enough to make your juices flow
Press play, don't stop, voltage, too hot
You feel I'm real
I'm everything you need, so
tell me what's the deal

[Chorus]
2000 Watts, 8 ohms, 200 volts, real strong
Too much of that, fuse blown
Be careful what you say don't overload
[ Find more Lyrics on www.mp3lyrics.org/8dBy ]
2000 Watts, 8 ohms, 200 volts, real strong
Too much of that, fuse blown
Be careful what you say don't overload

3D, high speed, feedback, Dolby
Release two or three, when I reach I
can go ‘til I hit my peak
Compact steelo, chico, D-Lo, highpost lady
Shorty really wanna be there for me

Now We can take this song and put all we want to it but it is about sex or sexual effects.

ok lets chop up the lyrics and add to them a bit...

Bass note, treble, stereo
control, how low you go
Just enough to make your juices flow
(all things low. What is the lowest sexual part of a woman? The line in red kinda tops it off dont it?)

Press play, don't stop, voltage, too hot (Dont stop...um well yea dont stop)
You feel I'm real (hehe)
I'm everything you need, so
tell me what's the deal
(um lets just say he completes her)

And the chorus... lol well hes telling you how good he is. making the picture in your head even better because he can last. Kinda like an energizer battery. he keeps going, and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,... ya get it?

I know not all songs Michael sings are about sex but let me list some that DEFO are!

1. Lady In My Life.
2.Eaten Alive (he sings the best part in that song.)
3. In the Closet
4. Dirty Diana
5.Give In To Me'
6. Butterflies
7. Break of Dawn is pretty obvious.
8.Blood On The Dance Floor
9. Remember the time
10. superfly sister
11. Satisfy You( again background vocals but the best part in the whole damn song.
12. She Drives me Wild.
13.Trouble
14. Dont Stop Til you get enough... Have you not heard the demo?
15. Let us not for get "Got The Hots"

and probably a whole hell of alot more.
Come on just because you find him an untouched pure as the drivin snow man doesn't make it so. Michael Jackson was a MAN. All men have it on their minds at some point or another. Michael made it clear or as clear as mud when he sang about sex. Just because you cant see it doesn't mean its not there.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

:agree::punk: Pretty much sums it up!

When I first heard the song a few yrs ago I thought it was about technology... until one day I payed better attention to the lyrics!:bugeyed

Def about SEX!:wild::wub::swoon:

Back