2 Hour + Show !!

Gfresh

Proud Member
"Originally we tried to keep the show down to 90 minutes, but Michael has so many must-do songs in his repertoire that the shows now will be two-plus hours," AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips tells Billboard.

Phillips would not reveal details of the production, but one could expect a multi-media experience that would be "the most cutting edge ever employed on a tour. We're using technology that's never been used before in live entertainment."

Phillips says AEG Live is well-insured for the event, and 50-year-old Jackson passed a physical "with flying colours." Jackson is now working out specific songs, though a top-to-bottom dress rehearsal won't be ready for a month.

"Michael's in incredible physical shape, he's got tremendous stamina, he's been working out aerobically preparing for this, and he is totally engaged," Phillips says. "He sounds like Michael Jackson. He is laser-focussed on making this the greatest entertainment event that fans have ever seen."

Source: Billboard
michael_jackson.jpg

--- sorry if this is already posted ---

SO, IF IT'S POSTED, I SAW THIS ONE FIRST!

AWESOME NEWS! 2 hours + because Michael wants to give us the best, tottaly awesome. omg, Im so glad!

Wooohoooo!!!

"He sounds like Michael Jackson. He is laser-focussed on making this the greatest entertainment event that fans have ever seen."

He sounds like Michael Jackson? What, haha?

^^yeah like someone else said..(about the same):
who is he suppose to sound like anyway?? robbie williams or something?

err

Ok list his "must do songs", not according to our own tastes, but what hes done in the past and what the public expect to see..

Smooth Criminal
Earth Song
J5 Medley
Billie Jean
Beat It
BOW
YANA
Thriller
WBSS..

These are the songs that will defo appear on the setlist, what am I missing?

Ok list his "must do songs", not according to our own tastes, but what hes done in the past and what the public expect to see..

Smooth Criminal
Earth Song
J5 Medley
Billie Jean
Beat It
BOW
YANA
Thriller
WBSS..

These are the songs that will defo appear on the setlist, what am I missing?

Heartbreak Hotel
MIM
TWYMMF

Yall............. Im am feeling so hype about this shows ...... They are less than what 35 days .............imma cry coming up to july

^^hehehhehehe
wel it's NOT LONG until it's 35 days left!!! and then it's 25..and then 15 :O
and then..5!!!!!!!!! and suddenly 0!!

So friggin exciting!

Back to the purpose of the thread...2h+ shows will be brilliant! I couldn't imagine it being much shorter than that, what with set changes etc. Looking forward to seeing it :woohoo:

Heartbreak Hotel
MIM
TWYMMF

Oh come on, for the last time Heartbreak Hotel is not even anywhere near a must do song.

Billie Jean
Beat It
Thriller
Black Or White
Man In The Mirror
Jackson 5 Medley
The Way You Make Me Feel
You Are Not Alone
Earth Song
Dont Stop Till You Get Enough
Smooth Criminal
Rock With You

Oh come on, for the last time Heartbreak Hotel is not even anywhere near a must do song.

Billie Jean
Beat It
Thriller
Black Or White
Man In The Mirror
Jackson 5 Medley
The Way You Make Me Feel
You Are Not Alone
Earth Song
Dont Stop Till You Get Enough
Smooth Criminal
Rock With You

I agree, the public may not even know Heartbreak Hotel, Dont Stop Til You Get Enough wasnt included on the Dangerous or HIStory tours so I wonder if it will make it on This Is It? TWYMMF and RWY also wade in and out!! OMG its so hard to speculate lol

From OTW

Rock with you
Workin day and night

From Thriller

Beat it
thriller
billie jean
wanna be

from Bad

TWYMMF
Smooth criminal
man in the mirror (perhaps, in was dropped from HIStory)

From Dangerous

BOW
Dangerous

From HIStory

YRNA
Earthsong

Will BOTD be included? It was a UK number 1

From Invincible

YRMW
Break of Dawn? he included it on essential, for a reason??

The J5 medley, does that count as 3 songs? 1 new song perhaps? That gives a talley of 20 songs, if the set list is to include 18 - 22 songs id say that was the set list?

I totally love Heartbreak Hotel, its probably my favourite Jacksons song. However you have to consider that there are only a certain ammount of songs that can be on a show, and there is already A LOT of ground to cover with all of his hits which the public are dying to see him perform.

Throwing on a song like Heartbreak Hotel would take up valuable space on the set list which means another song would have to be left out.

Maybe on a Jackson reunion show it would have a place :)

I think the show will only include Jackson's greatest hits as he said he was "coming to London to hear the songs his fans want to hear". The majority of people attending will only know the hits.

I think the following will be included (but not in this order):

Billie Jean
Thriller
Man in the Mirror
Heal the World
Black or White
Scream
TWYMF
WBSS
J5 Medley
Smooth Criminal
Dangerous
Beat It
Rock With You
Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
I'll Be There
You Rock My World
Earth Song
They Don't Care About Us (in a medley with Scream, perhaps?)
Remember The Time
You Are Not Alone
Bad (or an instrumental/chorus of it if he can't sing the verses live)

And a new song takes it up to 22 songs which is what expected :D

If this was the setlist I'd be over the moon!

Back