1st single of "Michael": HOLD MY HAND - let's discuss the Maxi-CD (4 tracks!)

Thanks,
So we're basically talking about the single - Hold My Hand - on a separate physical disc from the album? 4 versions of 1 song on 1 CD? What's the point of that?

For people who don't like listening to music digitally with iPods, this is for them. It helps get it into the charts. I gives you an extra 3 exclusive versions of the song you won't get anywhere else. You get to hold it in your hands (No pun intended), it's a collectable - Michael Jackson's first single since his death.

yah, so I got it:)
I absolute love the Vocals&Orchestra version and so far it's my favorite. From alternate mix I was expecting something else, like the old version leaked 2 years ago or I don't know - just different. It sounds more like album version with some adds from orchestra one. But it also sounds very good.
All in one - I am very pleased with the first single from "Michael" :yes:

I can't get this single in my country but I bought it from someone who imports them. :)

It didn't arrive early for me. HMV shipped it on Thursday so hopefully it will be here on Monday.

Can I just ask, why does everyone seem to be "pre-ordering" everything? What's wrong with going to a shop for it? Just curious

It's convient, especially for those of us who don't drive or whatever. This particular product isn't available in the US I see, so it has to be ordered. There are lots of good reasons to pre-order anyway. 1) Pre-orders are usually cheaper, especially on Amazon. 2) Many times they come with some special gift depending on what it is, i.e. all the different versions of the TII DVD release. 3) You get the physical product a couple of days before it's available in stores.

So we're basically talking about the single - Hold My Hand - on a separate physical disc from the album? 4 versions of 1 song on 1 CD? What's the point of that?

There's a lot of collectors on this board, I think, including myself. Plus, up until rather recently, CD and cassettes singles were really popular. I think a lot of us grew up buying them. Of course, back then, singles would come out months and months before the album. :] I still like them though when I can get it.

Wow I wanna go back to the days when you couldn't download your album on the internet. Those where the times.. altough I can't remember...

i'm interesting in hearing this cause it's REAL MJ and it's different mixes.

mine was shipped thursday, but still ain't here=( Damn HMV!! When i pre-order stuff to pick up, everyone else gets there shiz early, so i do this one for delivery, and still everyone else gets theirs first, grrrr

MJJuniorSinceMW;3114244 said:
You can buy it at least at the following:

-Media Markt
-Saturn
-Müller Markt (Drogerie)

Thank you very much, my brother works in germany, so I will mail him :D

I got my "Hold My Hand" Maxi CD today...........

......It grows on you.......

......and it's definitely Akon's best song!!!!!!

This is AKON at his best. But not my favorite song from Michael. - BUT a great song no doubt.

yah, so I got it:)
I absolute love the Vocals&Orchestra version and so far it's my favorite. All in one - I am very pleased with the first single from "Michael" :yes:

Me too...but I was surprised how 'thin' the full 'orchestral only' version sounded. I was expecting the strings to take up the vocal lines and give it the full 'Rachmaninov' / 'wall of sound' treatment, but instead of wrapping you in a duvet and drizzling honey on top, it feels more like a string vest..full of holes where the warmth should be. I hope Michael's 'classical' collaborator might have another go at this orchestration, and give it the 'oomph' it deserves.

Back