18 Mar09...the buzz...is intensifying..

Rasta Pasta

Proud Member

Mj News in Review: 18 Mar 2009
OPEN LETTER
An Open And Rambling Letter To Michael Jackson Requesting His Presence At Coachella

I Wanna Be Starting Something
BY DILLON ZACHARA
Posted: 03/17/2009 03:38:07 PM PDT

Michael Jackson circa 1978 (Photo Credit: Wire Image)

var requestedWidth = 0;
if(requestedWidth > 0){ document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.width = requestedWidth + "px"; document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.margin = "0px 0px 10px 10px"; }

Dear Michael Jackson,

This is a formal request for you to extend your final tour to the majestic Empire Polo Fields in Indio, California for the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival 2009.

I understand that you're trying to 'put your foot down' and say that your shows in London are your final shows but come on, what's ONE more show right? I also understand that the people of America haven't been too kind to you over the last 10 or 15 years. But like, don't fret MJ. The true Michael Jackson fans have always loved you. And for that we deserve a final, glorious hurrah.

You taught me that "Billie Jean" isn't my lover, that it doesn't matter if I'm "Black or White," and that werewolves are incredibly scary in red patent leather.

You had me dreaming of Lisa Marie at night and Mcauley Culkin, well, I'll leave that homie alone.

You had me and thousands of other young boys trying to do the moonwalk alone for hours in our garages -- I'm still baffled at how you made it look so graceful, like you were ACTUALLY walking on the moon.

Just think, you can come back here to sunny SoCal, tie up some loose ends at the ranch and then rock a two-step and a sparkly coat in the middle of the desert. It will be like Prince in 2008 - multiplied in radness by like a fucking million!!! Imagine Janet joining you on stage. Imagine showing us one last time why you are the King of Pop.

Folks over at Goldenvoice, I sincerely hope you see things the same way. And I hope that you Mr. Jackson will see that LA needs you to do this. I need you to do this. Millions of fans in the US need you to do this. Starving stray dogs and orphaned children need you to do this. And if you don't? well I guess I may just anoint Justin Timberlake the King of Pop (but it will be with a tear in my eye).

Yours Truly,
Dillon

PHOTOS

.MYCfeaturelink9682, .MYCfeaturelink9682 a, .MYCfeaturelink9682 a:visited, .MYCfeaturelink9682 a:hover { font-family: Arial; color: Blue; font-size: 12px; text-decoration: none;} .MYCfeaturedescrip9682 { font-family: Arial; color: Black; font-size: 12px;} .MYCimage9682 { border: black 4px solid; } .MYCcontentfeed9682 { border: black 0px solid; width: 450px;}

http://www.la.com/ci_11934474?source=most_viewed

Michael Jackson's Guild Hall sell-out

TH1_173200922jackson%20five2.jpg

Michale Jackson (right) and his brothers at Preston Guild Hall in 1979

1pixel_spacer.gif

Published Date:
18 March 2009
By Suzanne Harvey

He has proved himself the King of Pop once more when his farewell tour sold out in minutes.
But 30 years ago Michael Jackson was wowing crowds at Preston's Guild Hall.

The Jackson 5 singer was mobbed by hundreds of fans at a the gig in February 1979. And teacher Pam Satchwell was among the crowd at the sellout Preston performance.

Mrs Satchwell, originally from Ribbleton, said: "I've never seen anything like it before."

The crowd was so desperate to touch Michael's hand that he even jumped down to meet his adoring fans – only to have to be rescued by his burly bodyguards.

Pam added: "There were so many people outside they had to lock everyone in. I've always loved Motown, so seeing the Jackson 5 was special.

"You say you've seen the Jackson 5 and people are like 'wow.' It's a big thing."

The chart-topping supergroup played hits including Blame it on the Boogie and I Want You Back, which Pam remembered "had everyone up and dancing in the aisles".

And Michael brought the house down with his solo rendition of the hit single Ben.

Music fan Pam, who now lives in Lytham, has seen dozens of other stars at the Guild Hall over the years, including Bing Crosby, Shirley Bassey, David Essex and Morecambe and Wise.

But Pam could not get tickets to see ***** in London later this year: "It's a shame, but I've great memories of last time."

Have you paid hundreds of pounds to see ***** in the flesh? Contact the Evening Post at suzanne.harvey@lep.co.uk or ring the newsdesk on 01772 838103.
http://www.lep.co.uk/entertainmentnews/Michael-Jackson39s-Guild-Hall-sellout.5079937.jp

Sorted by relevance
Sort by date Sort by date with duplicates included

« View all web results for sonyatv
EMI Publishing has a dream: diversified revenues with MLK

Reuters - ‎16 hours ago‎
One such example is Sony/ATV Publishing’s Beatles deal with MTV’s video gaming company Harmonix. A Beatles Rock Band game is now planned for a September ...

All Apologies

Conde Nast Portfolio - ‎2 hours ago‎
... and there are tons of iconic groups that allow their music to be utilized,” explains Sony/ATV Music Publishing chairman and CEO Martin Bandier, .

.MYCfeaturelink9682, .MYCfeaturelink9682 a, .MYCfeaturelink9682 a:visited, .MYCfeaturelink9682 a:hover { font-family: Arial; color: Blue; font-size: 12px; text-decoration: none;} .MYCfeaturedescrip9682 { font-family: Arial; color: Black; font-size: 12px;} .MYCimage9682 { border: black 4px solid; } .MYCcontentfeed9682 { border: black 0px solid; width: 450px;}

http://la.mycapture.com/mycapture/folder.asp?event=713420&CategoryID=34138&ListSubAlbums=0
http://la.mycapture.com/mycapture/folder.asp?event=713420&CategoryID=34138&ListSubAlbums=0

Last edited:
Oh well heck both ya'll updating :rofl: We'll keep this one :lol:

News team is on it:yes:

I couldn't access MJJC last night, website refused to open - tried again this AM - Have fun Rasta, I'll check on the thread later today

Thanks for the news.

And great pictures.

Is there no Torday in MJ's HIStory?

I didn't know where to post this, or if it had already been posted. It's a picture of a model at a Paris fashion show on March 13.

15.jpg

Cool outfit lol

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1997 - Michael Jackson won a lawsuit that had been filed by five former employees that had alleged they were wrongfully dismissed after they had testified against Jackson in a child molestation inquiry.

1998 - Michael Jackson and his son went shopping at a toy store in Munich, Germany. Jackson was dressed as an Arab woman.

2003 - Michael Jackson's "Video Greatest Hits/History" was certified five times Platinum by the RIAA.

2003 - Michael Jackson's video "History on Film" was certified Gold and three times Platinum by the RIAA.

Ty for the news!

And for that article in which they made that stupid comment about 'Black Or White' don't they know that when he did the short film they had already began applying the whiter makeup instead of the darker tone to cover up the vitiligo. :rolleyes: idiots

Buttttt can't wait for the upcoming days. Gonna be some awesome news!!

BRACE YOURSELF GUYZ!!!

I didn't know where to post this, or if it had already been posted. It's a picture of a model at a Paris fashion show on March 13.

15.jpg

LOL i can't believe I'm saying this because usually I can't stand runway clothes... but I WANT THAT DRESS!!!!

LOL the pic of the dress just showed up!!

Zomg!! What is UP with that piece of coolness!!
LOL is that velvet! I so want Mike's face in velvet...for dress, shirt, blanket, ANYTHING! :lol:

But damn...who's the designer!? And I wonder what Michael has to say about this. :p

Man, I would definitely rock that dress at one of the New York dance clubs. It would be the talk of the club. LOL!

Love or hate the dress, it would still be a major talking point.

Man, I would definitely rock that dress at one of the New York dance clubs. I would be the talk of the club. LOL!

Love or hate the dress, it would still be a major talking point.

that's dress is so nice even I would wear it.. and I my guy lol..

15.jpg

that's clever. clever indeed.

and yes..to that person that wrote that letter that asked MJ to come to california...i agree..AMERICA loves you, Michael!! Please come! as that writer states, we realize how the media has been, and the following haters have been in America, but the true MJ fans outnumber the haters, wayyyy outnumber them, here. as you know, we follow you everywyere you go and mob you, whenever you go outside in los angeles or anywhere in america, today. you closed down times square in 01. false reports in san diego of your apperance brought crowds anyway. Augdier's party in los angeles, brought mania when you appeared, even though no one had any idea you were coming. that was very recent. MSG sold out in five minutes in 01. for both concerts. steve harvey had all day MJ radio. and he got BIG ratings, just a week ago. American Idol got it's biggest ratings after a sub par ratings season, because of Michael Jackson week. and that was without you appearing. and you know it partly was in anticipation of you might appear, and the rest was because..it was Michael Jackson week, and we are even willing to hear your songs, even if they are sung by somebody esle. that's how desperate we are to have you back. please do a residence in America(preferably los angeles, lol) We never stop loving you, Michael. Please come to America, and please try to ignore the wayyy outnumbered haters, and the wayy outnumbered hating media, that is also wayyy outnumbered by the MJ loving fans. i don't agree on the letter writers pass the torch reference...you will always be King of Pop, but i know he didnt mean it, cus of the tone of the sentence.

Last edited:
Madonna And Christian Audigier To Collaborate On New Fashion Line

ShareThis
March 18, 2009 1:55 p.m.

Stephanie Sims - Celebrity News Service Reporter
Los Angeles, CA (CNS) - Madonna and Christian Audigier have teamed up to work on a fashion line, according to the Mirror. Audigier, who owns Ed Hardy, is known for his roses, skulls and tattoo prints.
The London newspaper reported that Audigier approached Madonna about a line after he saw her wearing Ed Hardy. He offered the legendary songstress a six-figure deal.
Audigier even put on a private catwalk show to reportedly inspire Madonna to, ahem, express herself. According to reports, Madonna jumped at the chance to work with the designer.
Madonna visited Audigier's LA office to finalize her designs and ideas just after the Oscars. Her designs will reportedly include different tattoo-inspired T-shirts and diamante-encrusted bodices.
This isn't Madonna's first foray in the designing world; she designed a guest collection for H&M in 2007. Besides getting things ready for work with Madonna, Audigier is also designing an outfit for Michael Jackson's comeback tour.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7014465772

(just the quote)

The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die [Album]

Colours
is slightly more reminiscent of The Prodigys last album Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned which although many critics hated, I loved due to their use of more dancey, even poppier material sampling Michael Jackson at one point. Pretty simple track here and to me this is the first lull in the album. The track isn't bad, it's just not as good as the first three.

http://hangout.altsounds.com/reviews/106269-the-prodigy-invaders-must-die-album.html

Madonna And Christian Audigier To Collaborate On New Fashion Line

ShareThis
March 18, 2009 1:55 p.m.

Stephanie Sims - Celebrity News Service Reporter
Los Angeles, CA (CNS) - Madonna and Christian Audigier have teamed up to work on a fashion line, according to the Mirror. Audigier, who owns Ed Hardy, is known for his roses, skulls and tattoo prints.
The London newspaper reported that Audigier approached Madonna about a line after he saw her wearing Ed Hardy. He offered the legendary songstress a six-figure deal.
Audigier even put on a private catwalk show to reportedly inspire Madonna to, ahem, express herself. According to reports, Madonna jumped at the chance to work with the designer.
Madonna visited Audigier's LA office to finalize her designs and ideas just after the Oscars. Her designs will reportedly include different tattoo-inspired T-shirts and diamante-encrusted bodices.
This isn't Madonna's first foray in the designing world; she designed a guest collection for H&M in 2007. Besides getting things ready for work with Madonna, Audigier is also designing an outfit for Michael Jackson's comeback tour.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7014465772

lol...Madonna is always following Mike..lol..even tho she always wore the outfits, the timing of her business venture is 'suspect' at best. lol :lol:

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart_watch/29509/week-ending-march-15-2009-the-idol-with-the-most/

Michael Jackson Week on American Idol last week boosted the performer’s catalog. The 2005 album The Essential Michael Jackson shot to #1 on the Catalog Albums chart. The album sold 11,000 copies (mostly in digital form) and would have ranked #45 on the big chart if older, catalog albums were eligible to compete there. Six Jackson oldies returned to Hot Digital Songs. Five are from Thriller, including the title song (which has sold 1,159,000 downloads), “Billie Jean” (864,000) and “Beat It” (668,000).

i'll be the odd one out and say "i really don't like that dress" I think its the hair or supposed hair that's turning me off. That spikey looking wanna be fro hair is not the business. lol im sorry.:no:
:rofl:

Eeek I'm not too keen on the dress but looking on the positive side of things is really cool seeing some appreciation for MJ in the fashion world :).

Michael Jackson to Extend Final Tour to the US

Sources say London is just one part of a “three-year master plan”

Good news for all Michael Jackson fans: although “This Is It” will be the King of Pop’s final “curtain call” as he himself announced, it may expand to more locations than just London’s O2 Arena, sources are saying. The 50 dates in London might be just a fraction of a three-year “master plan” that Michael has devised, with the US coming next, Kenny Ortega of the VegasDeluxe says.

When the singer announced the initial 10 dates of the “This Is It” tour, which kicks off this summer, speculation had it that he was only going to perform in the UK because his fanbase in Europe was much stronger than that in the US.

This is not to say that there are no MJ fans back in his home country, though, but just that he has more chances of success if he makes his comeback elsewhere. Now, Ortega shares, all signs are pointing to London being just a “warm up,” with the US coming up next, perhaps in the summer of 2010.

“It’s highly possible that Michael Jackson’s new 50-concert run in London is part of a three-year master plan that could net the King of Pop a staggering $500 million! […] There’s a solid rumor that when Michael’s first England run ends in September and resumes again there in January that he may well do a series of US concerts. Although AEG wants him to appear in Las Vegas, it’s more likely it will be in New York or L.A. where there are arenas with 15,000 to 20,000 seats. ‘The London ticket sales were really a testing of the waters,’ one source told me. ‘There’s no question that Michael and AEG are discussing a world tour now’.” Ortega writes.

Even if this turns out to be just wishful-thinking, Michael Jackson fans (those who have been quick enough to get their hands on a ticket, that is) will still have a blast at the UK series of performances. Reports in the industry claim that the singer is going the extra mile – and then some – to make sure that his shows top anything else the music industry has ever seen. This also includes illusions in the manner of reputed magician Criss Angel, which would have Michael float above the stage and then land on a specific spot, the aforementioned source reveals.

Other surprises would include, according to reports, many look-alikes that would dance and provide the wow factor, while also acting as diversions in case Michael grows tired. “A small army of Michael Jackson look-alike dancers might be recruited as a backup troupe to handle the more challenging routines so the 50-year-old singer won’t be strained during the nightly 100-minute production, his first since 1997.” Ortega adds. For more on what insiders have to say of Michael’s much-mediated comeback, including of his upcoming album, go here.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Michael-Jackson-to-Extend-Final-Tour-to-the-US-107141.sht

wow, hope they release some more info on the world part!! (holding breath)

:timer:

Back