14 years on today - Rest In Peace to the biggest selling rap artist of all time!

So, to put this shit in perspective, Michael Jackson (who is an infinitely bigger star than 2Pac or any other rapper) just one year after his death sold around 10 million albums according to Nielson, and 2Pac about a decade after dying has sold over 25 million worth of mostly old material in the past 4 years.

Aight.

As much as I love my Michael--NO comparison--once again.

I have NEVER heard of an artist becoming such a legend, legacy, and GINORMOUS music icon in such a short period of time while he was alive as Tupac. He is as popular and missed today as Michael will undoubtedly be years and years to come from now. He started his career in the 90s and it ended in the 90s. That is a pretty big-ass deal, IMO. The man was simply brilliant during his extremely short-lived time of music stardom. He will forever be a part of me, as Michael is.

Last edited:
i didn't say anything angry. there was nothing offensive..
sometimes i think of somn and then i think the thought isn't anything but jumbled. the edit button is our friend. lol. besides...ur line about the inability to compare legends is hard to top.

Last edited:
As much as I love my Michael--NO comparison--once again.

I have NEVER heard of an artist becoming such a legend, legacy, and GINORMOUS music icon in such a short period of time while he was alive as Tupac. He is as popular and missed today as Michael will undoubtedly be years and years to come from now. He started his career in the 90s and it ended in the 90s. That is a pretty big-ass deal, IMO. The man was simply brilliant during his extremely short-lived time of music stardom. He will forever be a part of me, as Michael is.

No rapper is anywhere near as popular as MJ. Not even in the same league of notoriety or sales. That doesn't take away from their artistic merit, nor does it mean they're not popular.

Did I not just say in my post that there is NO comparison between legacies and legends? This is Michael's fansite--not Tupac's. They're called different genres and audiences. Not everybody, rap fan or not, is a fan of Tupac... and millions will continue to loathe Michael for what they think he did with those kids. It sucks, but that's just the way it is.

Did I not just say in my post that there is NO comparison between legacies and legends? This is Michael's fansite--not Tupac's. They're called different genres and audiences. Not everybody, rap fan or not, is a fan of Tupac... and millions will continue to loathe Michael for what they think he did with those kids. It sucks, but that's just the way it is.

Then what was your point? I compared the post death sales one year after Michael's death to what a couple people are claiming the post death sales one decade after 2Pac's death are, and using it to show how it's a silly claim. My post was directly speaking to the people saying Pac's sales went from 75 million to over 100 million in the span of the past few years and nothing more.

It's not a matter of "not everybody is a fan of MJ/not everybody is a fan of 2Pac." It's just a fact that Michael Jackson in record sales/popularity/recognizability/icon status eclipses any MC. You seem to be harping on me saying "MJ is an infinitely bigger star than 2Pac or any other rapper" for no particular reason and telling me all the reasons you think Pac is awesome even though it had nothing to do with what I was saying whatsoever.

Last edited:
Nah. I know it sounds that way... that I'm comparing the two, which again I said I am NOT. I just love and miss them both so much for very, very different reasons... that's all. They have both taught me much in life. I will FOREVER love them BOTH. :) :wub:

ETA: It's funny. I also love them both for very similar reasons. They were so much more than just musicians/artists... they were 'messengers.' I just have enormous love and respect for the both of them. :huggy:

Last edited:
It's just simply not fair to compare Michael to 2pac because they are two completely seperate people with completely different backgrounds. If pac had Michael's longevity in life then maybe 2pac would've been up in the millions sales wise. But as TheOriginalPYT said 2pac had started his career (the wider known part) in the early 90's and it was cut short in 1996. He became an icon in so many ways in his short 6 years in the limelight, which included an 11 month jail stint for sexual assault (which was not 100% true) So during his 5 short years in the limelight he impacted on loads of people and became an accomplished actor, writer, director, written poet. All of which was cruely taken away just when he was starting to make a more positive difference with the whole East Coast/ West Coast ish when he started working on the "One Nation" project.

The way some people on this board completely miss points sometimes and focus on one or two statements boggles my mind.

You're right once again. I have absolutely no idea WTH I'm talking about. The drugs I took yesterday fried my brain, and fucked it all up to no comprehension. Take the last word if you want it that bad. :smilerolleyes:

@ the originalpyt my dear dont apologize your fine love. You said how you felt. And i love mj and pac 4 alot of the same reasons. @ grand master its clear that you dont like pac or you have something against him. Idk why you cant fathom that 2pac has surpassed em. All his albums prior be for his death hasn't been re certified since the 90's. Its 2010 now trust me pac has sold alot more than 75 mill now. Plus in 2003 pac has a big buzz for his 7anniversary of his passing and the resurrection film that was out at the time. I think the folks at amaru and interscope got lazy at the recertification of his albums. But em's folks always update theres but any who. Pac outsold slim get over it. Why are you even on this topic its clear you dont like him. Just get of it. And for the record no one was comparing pac and mj. But to be honest open your eyes not every one thinks mj is god or is a mj fan i know plenty of folks who put pac over mj for the simple fact pac was more "real" then mj in the sense that pac really showed you his personal side and wasnt reclusive like mj. I can understand that. To me they're are both tied at #1 for me for different reasons.

lmao, okay MAKAVELIDAKING. It's "obvious" I don't like 2Pac because I don't believe he sold the 25 million albums in the past few years necessary to hit the 100 million record sale mark that you claimed he has hit. Right. That's where the MJ comparison came into play. If just ONE YEAR after Michael's death MJ sold around 10 million, then how the HELL is Pac one decade after dying gonna sell 25 mil of mostly old material in the span of 4 years? Lmao. It's preposterous. It would have been one thing if you had said Pac's sales are a little bit ahead of Em's, but you're throwing out these ridiculous numbers and anyone who says otherwise "has something against 2Pac." That's the problem with these wack ass debates when you guys make everything all emotionally driven for no friggin' reason when all I'm doing is trying to reason with facts/speculation about something as impersonal as a major recording artist's record sales. LOL.

And before someone says "SPECULATING IS WRONG THO", it IS okay to speculate about shit like album sales/how good a movie is going to be/etc.

Quick, someone respond to me with some poetic quote to put me in my place. Woe is me, the big bad 2Pac hater. BRB, I gotta go delete all his songs off my iPod to go along with this.

Grand master my boy/ girl what ever u are believe what you want my friend your right i could be worng but hey so could you well just wait and see.
I agree to disagree. But hey thats why its a debate for right. I guess somefolks catch feelings to quick. *coughs coughs *

AND YES HIS OLDER ALBUMS ARE VERY POPULAR MY FRIEND THEY ARE THAT POPULAR.

Last edited:
daammmn 14 years sure did go by fast. RIP tupac....I want to buy off amazon, Live at the House of Blues

yes! I think i can buy it off amazon but I also want like rare camera video, etc of him becuase I know he used to go to NY I think with his possee

@ the originalpyt my dear dont apologize your fine love. You said how you felt. And i love mj and pac 4 alot of the same reasons. @ grand master its clear that you dont like pac or you have something against him. Idk why you cant fathom that 2pac has surpassed em. All his albums prior be for his death hasn't been re certified since the 90's. Its 2010 now trust me pac has sold alot more than 75 mill now. Plus in 2003 pac has a big buzz for his 7anniversary of his passing and the resurrection film that was out at the time. I think the folks at amaru and interscope got lazy at the recertification of his albums. But em's folks always update theres but any who. Pac outsold slim get over it. Why are you even on this topic its clear you dont like him. Just get of it. And for the record no one was comparing pac and mj. But to be honest open your eyes not every one thinks mj is god or is a mj fan i know plenty of folks who put pac over mj for the simple fact pac was more "real" then mj in the sense that pac really showed you his personal side and wasnt reclusive like mj. I can understand that. To me they're are both tied at #1 for me for different reasons.

yeah..of course there is back and forth on all artists. there are those who hate tupac for being too real, and those people are less threatened by Michael. and probably, closet fans among those who hate Tupac for being too real, and closet Michael fans who hate Michael for not being 'real' enough, in their eyes. in the end, the music has more power than the people.

MAKAVELIDAKING;2993277But to be honest open your eyes not every one thinks mj is god or is a mj fan i know plenty of folks who put pac over mj for the simple fact pac was more "real" then mj in the sense that pac really showed you his personal side and wasnt reclusive like mj. I can understand that. To me they're are both tied at #1 for me for different reasons.[/QUOTE said:
I respect other artists. And, you are right that not everyone is Michael's fan.

I just want to say that Michael is more "real" than most think. He talks to his fans and conveys his messages through his music. Music is his outlet and he bares his soul in his music. He is always honest.

Just because Michael was reclusive and private doesn't mean he's not real.

^^^yeah..i thought about that. and i was gunna say that sometimes i wonder if, at least, some of the people that accuse him of not being real, are being real, when they say that, as they give their reasons why.

^^^yeah..i thought about that. and i was gunna say that sometimes i wonder if, at least, some of the people that accuse him of not being real, are being real, when they say that, as they give their reasons why.

People who let themselves be connected to Michael's music will see how real and honest Michael has always been. It's very spiritual. I don't know how to explain it.

When I hear Childhood, I feel his pain. When I hear The Lost Children, I feel his love. When I hear Will You Be There, I feel his agony.

But then, we have people saying Childhood and The Lost Children are the worst Michael Jackson songs ever...So, I don't know...

The genius and grace of Michael Jackson is that he never let anything but his music speaks for itself.

Also, as an artist, he didn't owe us his privacy, he didn't need to show us his "personal life" to be "real".

People who let themselves be connected to Michael's music will see how real and honest Michael has always been. It's very spiritual. I don't know how to explain it.

When I hear Childhood, I feel his pain. When I hear The Lost Children, I feel his love. When I hear Will You Be There, I feel his agony.

But then, we have people saying Childhood and The Lost Children are the worst Michael Jackson songs ever...So, I don't know...

The genius and grace of Michael Jackson is that he never let anything but his music speaks for itself.

Also, as an artist, he didn't owe us his privacy, he didn't need to show us his "personal life" to be "real".
well..i don't take stock in someone saying those are the worst songs of his ever, but they're here, while they're saying it. in the end, whether said or not, being real is appreciated. and those two songs are among the most real songs ever.

yes! I think i can buy it off amazon but I also want like rare camera video, etc of him becuase I know he used to go to NY I think with his possee

In the UK (at least) there's a double disc boxset of 2pac's performances at both HoB AND Club 662. I've just recently watched both again and you'll L.O.V.E. them! :D

1242924298_2ro0prd.jpg

Back