02 April 09 News & Mentionings [New Leonard Rowe Statement]

MJJC Moderator

Guests
Sorry for the delay!

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Leonard Rowe Responds to Michael Jackson's Representation Questions

This is a response to the numerous phone calls and emails from media outlets that have contacted Mosnar Communications, Inc for a statement from Mr. Leonard Rowe relating to Michael Jackson’s representation.

“At this time Legendary Promoter Leonard Rowe has no comment relating to Michael Jackson’s representation.”

http://mosnarcommunications.blogspot.com/2009/04/leonard-rowe-responds-to-michael.html

CR Cataunya Ransom, Lead Publicist for Mosnar Communications, Inc.
Representing Legendary Promoter Leonard Rowe

45933908.jpg

‘THRILLER’: Kent Twitchell sits among panels for his Michael Jackson mural that was never installed. Part of the Jackson mural will be displayed at LOOK Gallery.

Some of Kent Twitchell's murals are best known because they no longer exist.

His "The Old Lady of the Freeway" greeted travelers along the Hollywood Freeway from 1974 until it was painted out by a billboard company in 1986.

More recently, "Ed Ruscha Monument," a six-story portrait of artist Ruscha on the side of a government-owned building in downtown L.A., was painted over, in June 2006.

True, you can still see Twitchell's influence on the cityscape on the 110 Freeway past 8th Street, where his 1991 work "Harbor Freeway Overture," portraits of Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra musicians, looms on the parking structure at Citicorp Plaza.

But the vulnerability of Twitchell's medium is one reason you'll find the 66-year-old, self-described "outdoor painter" hard at work indoors.

It also explains the title of his new exhibition: "Thriller: The King of Pop Meets the King of Cool: Exploring the Lost Works of Kent Twitchell," which has its opening reception this evening and continues through April 27 by appointment only at the new LOOK Gallery in downtown's L.A. Mart Design Center.

The exhibition will include sketches, photos and drawings for "lost" murals, as well as one that was completed but never installed or shown to the public: A 100-foot-tall, 60-foot-wide portrait of Michael Jackson, created in the early 1990s for the side of the former Barker Bros. building in Hollywood, now the El Capitan Theatre.

"It's the most exquisite color I've ever done," the artist said in a recent conversation at his downtown studio, as he stepped around panels of the mural -- Jackson's dark eyes and chiseled nose beneath a wide hat brim -- on the floor.

Pop king Jackson will be joined by "cool" king Steve McQueen, with a full-scale re-creation of Twitchell's first public work, a portrait of his favorite actor originally painted on a house in Hollywood.

The Jackson project was launched under the auspices of the Hollywood Arts Council. Council President Nyla Arslanian said that the council was interested in a Kent Twitchell mural first; Jackson was selected later as the subject. Arslanian said that payment was to be arranged between Jackson and Twitchell.

Twitchell said preparatory work had already been done on the building when the project was put on hold in 1993. "I was never told why," the artist says. "It was three years of my life, and no one ever saw it."

That was the year that Jackson was investigated for allegations that he had molested a 13-year-old boy. Twitchell refused to speculate on the role the investigation and accompanying publicity may have played in scuttling the project, and Jackson did not respond to a request for comment. Twitchell did say it became difficult to reach Jackson because attorneys formed a protective circle around the pop star.

Arslanian said that Jackson's legal problems had nothing to do with the project's cancellation. She attributed it to concerns about the safety of the required adhesive materials on a historic structure.

Whatever the cause of the project's abrupt shutdown, Twitchell believes there is a new interest in the pop star, who was never charged after the 1993 allegations and was acquitted of a different set of child molestation charges in 2005. He cites Jackson's quickly sold-out series of concerts in London, which begin in July, as evidence that the he is experiencing a career renaissance.

"He's surfacing out of that now, getting some good notice," Twitchell said. "We've all had our problems, we've all done things wrong or been accused of things we didn't do. It's not for me to judge."

The Jackson mural is too big to display in full at the LOOK Gallery. Instead, the artist plans to mount part of it on a 20-foot wall, then roll out an additional 20 to 30 feet of it on the floor. The 150 sheets that make up the mural are painted on a synthetic, nonwoven material.

For the mural, Twitchell shot more than 100 photos of Jackson dressed in the pastel suit from the video for "Smooth Criminal," a song from his 1987 album "Bad."

"Originally when I talked to him, he wanted black leather, but I said I really thought the 'Smooth Criminal' outfit would be better because it really reminds you of Hollywood in the '30s, with the Fred Astaires and the Cary Grants, and he just loved that," Twitchell said.

Twitchell said he worked on the preliminary concepts at Jackson's Neverland Ranch near Santa Barbara, then brought Jackson to a soundstage in Hollywood for more photos.

"I wanted him to swing out so his coattails would be flying, I just wanted to get that one perfect shot -- I could always bring in a head from there, or a hand from there," said Twitchell, whose work allows the luxury of reassembling body parts from multiple photos.

"Twitch," as Jackson called him, made "five or six" visits to Neverland, where the two played with Jackson's animals and discussed art and music. Jackson made him promise to make the mural "the best thing you've ever done."

In the case of "Ed Ruscha Monument," Twitchell settled his lawsuit against the U.S. government and 11 other defendants in 2008, for $1.1 million, believed to be the largest amount ever awarded under the federal Visual Artists Rights Act or the California Art Preservation Act. Both laws prohibit desecration, alteration or destruction of certain works of public art without giving the artist 90 days to allow for the option of removing it.

"I would have been a monster to let it go; the precedent that it would have set for public art would have been terrible -- we had to fight it," Twitchell said. He has until June to decide whether to remove the mural or try to restore it in its current location.

Negotiations have begun to re-create "Ed Ruscha" on a side of the L.A. Mart. He also has plans to breathe new life into his Freeway Lady mural.

Since 2004, plans have been in the works to re-create the mural on the side of the Valley Institute of Visual Art in Sherman Oaks, but the gallery's board president, Susan Kuss, said fears of vandalism led gallery officials to suggest re-creating it on an interior wall.

Twitchell is amenable to the idea -- but also plans to make an outdoor statement by painting the Freeway Lady's afghan flowing out through high windows in the building.

"And inside, we'll put the Freeway Lady in such a way that if we become more, I hate the word, more civilized, she can always be taken down and put up outdoors."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-twitchell2-2009apr02,0,6227244.story

The David Copperfield rumor has been denied by Copperfield's producer:

David’s producer and friend Chris Kenner told us by phone today, "I don’t have any idea where this came from. I have been getting hit with emails all day asking about this and there have been no such discussions."

http://linkingpage.com/2009/04/01/is-david...ichael-jackson/

Five orders Simon Cowell and Michael Jackson docs

Five has ordered two more 60-minute fast turnaround docs from Zig Zag Productions on Michael Jackson and Simon Cowell.

Michael Jackson: The Second Coming? examines the past few years of the singer's life and the build-up to his return to the stage this summer.

The doc will air ahead of the first of Jackson's 50 concerts at the 02, which start in July.

Simon Cowell: Where Did it All Go Right? is a celebration of the pop culture icon, examining the roots of his "global domination in entertainment". It will air in May.

Gerard Barry executive produces both shows, which were ordered by Five head of factual entertainment Steve Gowans.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/2009/04/five_orders_simon_cowell_and_michael_jackson_docs.html

This Day In Jackson HIStory:

2001 - Janet Jackson's single "All For You" was released.

2004 - Janet Jackson appeared on "On-Air with Ryan Seacrest".

Quote Of The Day

People always told me be careful of what you do
And don't go around breaking young girls' hearts
And mother always told me be careful of who you love
And be careful of what you do 'cause the lie becomes the truth
- Michael Jackson, Billie Jean

Happy Birthday!

Moonwalker_gurl(23)

Re: 02 April 09 News & Mentionings

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Leonard Rowe Responds to Michael Jackson's Representation Questions

This is a response to the numerous phone calls and emails from media outlets that have contacted Mosnar Communications, Inc for a statement from Mr. Leonard Rowe relating to Michael Jackson’s representation.

“At this time Legendary Promoter Leonard Rowe has no comment relating to Michael Jackson’s representation.”

http://mosnarcommunications.blogspot.com/2009/04/leonard-rowe-responds-to-michael.html

CR Cataunya Ransom, Lead Publicist for Mosnar Communications, Inc.
Representing Legendary Promoter Leonard Rowe

No comment from the "Legendary Promoter Leonard Rowe". Well now, doesn't that just beat all. WTH?

http://www.vegasdeluxe.com/blogs/lu...l-jackson-plans-attend-criss-angels-embeliev/

Michael Jackson plans to attend Criss Angel’s Believe this weekend

Robin Leach

Magic fan Michael Jackson is all set to attend the Cirque du Soleil show Believe starring Criss Angel on Saturday night at the Luxor. The King of Pop heads into Sin City for the Mindfreak’s show of theatrical illusions, and seats have been reserved in case his children tag along, too!

It’s the first time that Michael has been back home to Las Vegas since announcing three weeks ago in London his run of 50 concerts at the 02 Arena in the British capital this summer. News reports out of London then indicated that Michael planned to land on the stage in a magical “float down” to open the show. Click HERE for our coverage during the massive ticket sale hysteria.

He's taking a break from the early rehearsals, which have been confirmed by AEG head honcho John Meglen as being underway in Los Angeles with director-choreographer Kenny Ortega, who staged the Sirens show here at Treasure Island. Click HERE for our interview with John when he celebrated the sixth anniversary of the Caesars Palace Colosseum. John told Vegas DeLuxe that he’d love to see Michael perform at The Colosseum.

Additional hotel security will be on hand to deal with any rush of fans, and Michael will be brought in through a special side entrance directly from his limousine. It’s expected that he will arrive seconds after the curtain has gone up on the show to avoid audience distraction, and he will be taken to Criss’s dressing room backstage seconds before the show ends.

Meantime, Michael has now given the final go-ahead for the amazing auction of his Neverland collection of memorabilia, wardrobe and amusement arcade items for April 22-25 to be held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles.

Tomorrow on Vegas DeLuxe, we’ve got the full rundown of how you can bid online from anywhere in the world. There are more than 2,000 items being sold in eight categories and auction sessions, including garden statuary, furniture, antiques, paintings and Disneyana.

It’s being billed as the most exciting auction event of all time, and Julian Ellison, CEO of New York City’s Live Auctioneers, said: “All systems are go. All arrangements have been finalized. It will be real-time Internet bidding, but prospective bidders must sign up in advance via the Internet through LiveAuctioneers.com.

CW's Michael Jackson “barmy” update! This week, one of Jackson's former dancers cast some light on just what it's like being part of Jackson's world. “In South America,” he revealed, “[Jackson] invited us all to a local toy store. When we went inside, he asked the management to lock the doors. Then he bought a present for every single person there - whether he knew them or not.”

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/celebrity/article6023402.ece

Excuse me all. I have a statement to make.

At this time, the legendary Ape, has no comment regarding Leonard Rowe's statement.

Thank you,
Ape.

Excuse me all. I have a statement to make.

At this time, the legendary Ape, has no comment regarding Leonard Rowe's statement.

Thank you,
Ape.

I have a statement regarding the legendary Ape's statement:

At this time, the legendary MJJC Mod 1, has no comment regarding the legendary Ape statement about making no comment to the above Leonard Rowe statement....

50,000 Australian fans want Michael Jackson Oz concerts

April 02, 2009 12:48pm

A WHOPPING 50,000 Michael Jackson fans in Australia have signed a petition to bring the king of pop Down Under - and more are signing up every day.

After Jackson announced he would hold 50 comeback shows in London, it prompted an online appeal from Aussies eager to see their music hero.
Facebook fan Christos Winter, 19, decided he would use the social networking site to launch the petition and was stunned by the response.
He said: ''In just one week more than 50,000 people have signed up, and each day thousands more are adding their names.''
The man responsible for hit albums Thriller and Bad has been in hot water over recent years for his child sex trial and an incident where he dangled his infant son over a balcony.
Winter says he hopes to match the 80,000 signatures Bob Francis collected in the 1960s to bring the Beatles to Adelaide.
He said: ''I've noticed that a lot of the (petition) members are part of Generation Y, who have seen Jackson on sites such as YouTube, but who have never seen him live in concert.
''Jackson is a natural born performer and I really feel that these fans deserve to live this experience.''
Jackson, 50, has indicated the London shows which start at the O2 arena in July, are the last chance to see him perform but Winter continues to obtain signatures to see if that will change the Superstar's mind.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0...5003421,00.html

I have a statement regarding the legendary Ape's statement:

At this time, the legendary MJJC Mod 1, has no comment regarding the legendary Ape statement about making no comment to the above Leonard Rowe statement....

I'm afraid I have a statement to make, too:

At this time, the legendary Victoria83 has no comment regarding the legendary MJJC Mod 1's lack of comment about the legendary Ape's lack of comment about the above Leonard Rowe lack of statement.

Carry on (or not. . . . . )

I'm afraid I have a statement to make, too:

At this time, the legendary Victoria83 has no comment regarding the legendary MJJC Mod 1's lack of comment about the legendary Ape's lack of comment about the above Leonard Rowe lack of statement.

Carry on (or not. . . . . )
It has been brought to my attention that there has been some talk about the statements that have recently been made regarding the statements that I, the legendary Ape have made regarding the statement made by the legendary Leonard Rowe. On behalf of myself, I would like to now issue another statement.

I have no comment to make at this time regarding the legendary Victoria83s comment regarding legendary MJJC Mod 1's lack of comment about the LEGENDARY One and Only, Superior to all other marsupials, Queen of Ape's THE Ape herself and all her comments proceeding and following this first and eventual final statement regarding the forgotten or legendary or otherwise comments made by a person in the past who hopes for a future in business with the One and Only TRUE KING of Pop.

Thank you,
*bows* Ape

50,000 australian fans want michael jackson oz concerts

april 02, 2009 12:48pm

a whopping 50,000 michael jackson fans in australia have signed a petition to bring the king of pop down under - and more are signing up every day.

after jackson announced he would hold 50 comeback shows in london, it prompted an online appeal from aussies eager to see their music hero.
Facebook fan christos winter, 19, decided he would use the social networking site to launch the petition and was stunned by the response.
He said: ''in just one week more than 50,000 people have signed up, and each day thousands more are adding their names.''
the man responsible for hit albums thriller and bad has been in hot water over recent years for his child sex trial and an incident where he dangled his infant son over a balcony.
Winter says he hopes to match the 80,000 signatures bob francis collected in the 1960s to bring the beatles to adelaide.
He said: ''i've noticed that a lot of the (petition) members are part of generation y, who have seen jackson on sites such as youtube, but who have never seen him live in concert.
''jackson is a natural born performer and i really feel that these fans deserve to live this experience.''
jackson, 50, has indicated the london shows which start at the o2 arena in july, are the last chance to see him perform but winter continues to obtain signatures to see if that will change the superstar's mind.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0...5003421,00.html

amazing!!!!

It has been brought to my attention that there has been some talk about the statements that have recently been made regarding the statements that I, the legendary Ape have made regarding the statement made by the legendary Leonard Rowe. On behalf of myself, I would like to now issue another statement.

I have no comment to make at this time regarding the legendary Victoria83s comment regarding legendary MJJC Mod 1's lack of comment about the LEGENDARY One and Only, Superior to all other marsupials, Queen of Ape's THE Ape herself and all her comments proceeding and following this first and eventual final statement regarding the forgotten or legendary or otherwise comments made by a person in the past who hopes for a future in business with the One and Only TRUE KING of Pop.

Thank you,
*bows* Ape

Well, I see. Your comment is truly legendary! :lol:

Thank you,
*bows* Ape

OMG :hysterical:

lol
Ok, here's a legendary article about a new legendary MJ auction so you post more legendary comments! :lol:

Lot 159

Michael Jackson costume from Bad music video

ebaypihlogo2.gif

159. Michael Jackson costume from Bad. Michael Jackson, the "King of Pop", is one of the top recording artists of all time with the Best Selling Album of All Time (Thriller), 13 Grammys and 13 #1 Singles. The most iconic of his costumes is this black leather motorcycle jacket and decorative gold belt worn in the video for "Bad". Michael Jackson presented these pieces to the Hollywood Guinness World Records Museum while being honored there. The signature attire was custom-made by Los Angeles costumers and stylists, Michael Bush and Dennis Tompkins, who have been making bespoke clothing for Jackson for over 20 years. The costume includes the black leather motorcycle jacket which is festooned with 11 gold police-style badges on the chest, gold crests on the upper sleeves, multiple buckles at the cuffs, and studded epaulettes. The extravagant, highly detailed belt features the oversize crest buckle with "Bad" in red enamel, and is decorated with dozens of small amber crystals, and circled with six additional smaller crest emblems. Also included are his black leather pants and black boots with gold shield appliances over the toe and top. Truly a once in a lifetime opportunity to acquire the most iconic costume in pop music history. $30,000 - $50,000

Click on the link for more photos:
http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/6314449

God,looking through this makes me wonder why he'd sell all of this... Starting to believe he really is in need for money. Sad that he is selling all that has represented him through the years... awards? Come on... :(

50,000 Australian fans want Michael Jackson Oz concerts

April 02, 2009 12:48pm

A WHOPPING 50,000 Michael Jackson fans in Australia have signed a petition to bring the king of pop Down Under - and more are signing up every day.

After Jackson announced he would hold 50 comeback shows in London, it prompted an online appeal from Aussies eager to see their music hero.
Facebook fan Christos Winter, 19, decided he would use the social networking site to launch the petition and was stunned by the response.
He said: ''In just one week more than 50,000 people have signed up, and each day thousands more are adding their names.''
The man responsible for hit albums Thriller and Bad has been in hot water over recent years for his child sex trial and an incident where he dangled his infant son over a balcony.
Winter says he hopes to match the 80,000 signatures Bob Francis collected in the 1960s to bring the Beatles to Adelaide.
He said: ''I've noticed that a lot of the (petition) members are part of Generation Y, who have seen Jackson on sites such as YouTube, but who have never seen him live in concert.
''Jackson is a natural born performer and I really feel that these fans deserve to live this experience.''
Jackson, 50, has indicated the London shows which start at the O2 arena in July, are the last chance to see him perform but Winter continues to obtain signatures to see if that will change the Superstar's mind.

[URL="http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0...5003421,00.html"]http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0...5003421,00.html[/URL]

that is fantastic :D
I hope michael will see this petiton
But i doubt that he will come..But im praying he will :angel:

April Fools Day on the radio

Apr 03, 2009 - As expected, many UK radio stations convinced listeners of the most crazy things during 2009's April Fools Day including a new tan-drink and a complete rebrand to a country music station.

In Yorkshire, Minster FM when totally re-brand crazy as it turned itself into Country 104 for half an hour - convincing listeners that feedback has suggested more country music was needed on the radio.

Nation Radio, Swansea Bay Radio and Bridge FM attempted to fool listeners by suggesting that Michael Jackson would be adding additional dates to his London sell out tour at the 02 arena - in Cardiff and Swansea. ***** fans inundated venues across Wales with frantic calls demanding tickets for the would be sell out concert, whilst others drove the 41 miles to Cardiff, just to catch a glimpse of the King as announced on-air.

And in Liverpool, Juice FM created a fictional cola drink called Go Tan Plus, which would work by stimulating the cells in your body that develop melanin, the pigment that darkens your skin colour.

Adam Weighell, Juice FM Breakfast Show presenter explains “when we asked listeners to call in and try the product for the show so we could monitor their progress – it seems our Liverpool listeners would try anything for an easy fake tan! The phones and texts went wild, we had hundreds of ladies and eve fealls calling and texting in wanting a sample of Go-Tan Plus! It was hysterical!”

Listener, Ally Jones from Aintree said “OMG – this is brilliant, finally something which means I don’t get a streaky bum when I’m on the beds!”

http://radiotoday.co.uk/news.php?extend.4585.2

Thank you for the link to the auction info but something is still wrong. The kings cape is still for sale and I remember somewhere it said that was a gift from his children. I don't think he would want to sell a gift from his children would he? I don't know.. If it goes for sale I should buy it and give it back to him at the concert.

Back