What's Your Favorite Video(s) Of The Day?

This one is from Michael's visit to a Russian orphanage in September 1993. Apart from Michael's own videos and short films this is hands down my favourite video footage of Michael. I think it's beautiful.
I'm sobbing.

Ok, I've seen this one before, but watching all of these videos back to back... this man. My heart is so full. Pure light. He was pure light and pure love. It's unbelievable that he's even real.

Something I thought about while watching this is how amazing it is that he did this. Not only did he surely donate money to these various places he visited, but just by him going there and the media attention it brought (in the countries themselves, not the US, unfortunately) think about how much more support these places probably got. This is the best possible advertising. Michael Jackson showing up to visit...

He was so remarkable and so inspiring. He never fails to make me want to be a better person.

Oh, and he is also just stunning. His eyes are shining so bright in this whole video, it's hard to even believe.

Bit frustrated with this one. This one is in HD but there is a non-HD version which I prefer because it's longer and you get to see Sammy and Michael hugging one another at the end and it's very moving. It's still up on YT but came up as unavailable when I tried to post it here.

Anyway, this is lovely. Beautiful performance from Michael but it goes way beyond a lovely performance of a lovely song, imo. The poignancy and significance is sort of heartbreaking but also wonderful to behold. When Michael sings, "It wasn't fair ... " there is so much to think about.

Last edited:
Actually I don't know if Michael is unique in these interactions with fans or it's routine for all celebrities 🤔
I had the same thought. Couple of years ago when I was discovering all of this stuff I wondered if, say, Madonna does the same stuff. I'm sure she must do. I thought of her simply because she was on the same level as Michael in terms of success, fame etc. I mean, Michael's fans will argue he was bigger than her but my point is, in the 80's she was the only one who came close to Michael - they played the same venues, did similar numbers of gigs etc. This isn't about a competition between them, I just was thinking of the scale of fame they both had. Anyway, I tried to look for footage of her doing this type of stuff but I find her so boring I couldn't be bothered. As soon as I tried to look at anything she was doing I just sort of lost the will to live.

I'd still like to know if anyone else was doing this stuff back in the day.

A lot of celebs do this sort of thing now. But did they do it in the 80's and 90's? I don't pay attention to celebs so I don't know the answer.

But seriously, his fame was suffocating. As a fan, I love to see how famous he was because it's a marker in some way of how adored he was. I NEVER tire of seeing him be adored. But at the same time, suffocating. I feel so bad for him, even if he enjoyed it in some ways. I just feel sad that every single moment of his life when he was in the public was like this. So much attention would be exhausting and definitely warp your view of reality and yet he remained such a lovely person.
Full disclosure - I don't like seeing him being adored. I find it so - well, you used the word suffocating and that pretty much sums it up. I'm not being judgemental, I just find it quite ... I dunno, it just makes me feel so uncomfortable.

I like the Grevin Museum because it's mostly him inside the museum and then outside it's quite controlled. The little girl is adorable. Then the young woman in the wheelchair, Michael is so kind and gentle with her. And him signing autographs for the French police just cracks me up. I know Michael was used to this stuff and clearly liked it on some level. He might have been OK with it but I still can't watch it. To me it just looks exhausting and stressful. At least he had a long training so he knew what to expect and how to deal with it.

This is Paul Dwyer's video so quite well known, obvs. But I love the idea of all these videos being brought together in one place. I haven't watched this one in a while but I do remember it shows the footage of Michael's scalp burning in that Pepsi advert (time stamp approx 3m, IIRC). Bit graphic.

Lovely video. It's not sycophantic. Just plain factual statements.

Still getting over how cute this is! Michael and his fans, they don't really care about the interview. He seems to just want to interact with the fans, takes time to select the posters he likes, soooooooooo cute! :love: Especially in the beginning, when the host is trying to get everyone to calm down, and Michael keeps waving or doing something to get them all excited again, and him playing with the flowers, and finally at the end when host is trying to move him along and he just wants to select his favourite posters 🥰

Wow 4 Billie Jean performances at the Victory tour in 1 screen. Michael was at his most energetic and good looking here, each performance has its own little moves, the tempo of the beat is brutal during this tour, love that. It is vastly different than later tours with a lot of moves that got ditched in later tours. Vocally the song was never better.
This tour and the Triumph tour remain my most wanted tours for a dvd release. I like almost every aspect better on these tours. Clothes, looks, stage, dancing, VOCALS sounded never better live, lighting, tempo. This is it!

Still getting over how cute this is! Michael and his fans, they don't really care about the interview. He seems to just want to interact with the fans, takes time to select the posters he likes, soooooooooo cute! :love: Especially in the beginning, when the host is trying to get everyone to calm down, and Michael keeps waving or doing something to get them all excited again, and him playing with the flowers, and finally at the end when host is trying to move him along and he just wants to select his favourite posters 🥰

I will absolutely never get over how cute this video is. Sometimes I watch it just to make myself feel better. One of my favorite parts is when the host and his representative are talking and he just picks up the flower and starts twirling it and then realizes people are watching him. He's soooo endearing! I love how Michael always encouraged fans, sometimes intentionally, sometimes unintentionally, just by being so adorable.

Oh! Also, one of my favorite moments is when finally the host is like, ok, let's just do this they won't shut up. So Michael opens his mouth and just goes, "Well..." and the audience loses it. It just cracks me up lol.

Wow 4 Billie Jean performances at the Victory tour in 1 screen. Michael was at his most energetic and good looking here, each performance has its own little moves, the tempo of the beat is brutal during this tour, love that. It is vastly different than later tours with a lot of moves that got ditched in later tours. Vocally the song was never better.
This tour and the Triumph tour remain my most wanted tours for a dvd release. I like almost every aspect better on these tours. Clothes, looks, stage, dancing, VOCALS sounded never better live, lighting, tempo. This is it!

The first time I saw a Victory Tour performance of Billie Jean I screamed, like, a lot. Just now, watching all four of these in tandem, I once again screamed .... a lot. Everything about these performances is just perfect. Though I can barely handle watching him perform, sometimes. It is too much for my whole heart. I would have 1000% fainted at one of his concerts and regretted it forever. God, I love this man.

I love these tours as well, though they aren't my favorite of everything out there. I don't lose complete control of myself as a human being while watching them because the intense response he ignites in me is balanced out by his brothers (no offense to them, they are remarkable too, but I have a normal human reaction to them, whereas with Michael I just die forever :love:🥵). But the good thing is it seems like there is a tour for everyone to obsess over, so everyone can be happy about that, even if we don't all agree on which one is the best!

I would throw myself to the wolves if it meant we could get one of his concerts, ANY of his concerts, for a theatrical release. I would also throw away all of my money to go every single day.

I'm a mess for him and I only sometimes exaggerate. :ROFLMAO:

Yesterday when I was feeling incredibly sad about the shooting in Texas I ended up listening to this speech in full. I thought I had before, but I realized that wasn't the case. But this speech is just so beautiful and so indicative fo the kind of man he truly was.

This is a brilliantly put together compilation of dance moves by MJ. Can someone tell me which concert the footage at 10sec comes from? I suppose he is performing bad? Such cool moves and poses in combination with his great hair and clothes. Awesome remix as well, that’s the way it should be done!

This is a brilliantly put together compilation of dance moves by MJ. Can someone tell me which concert the footage at 10sec comes from? I suppose he is performing bad? Such cool moves and poses in combination with his great hair and clothes. Awesome remix as well, that’s the way it should be done!
That particular footage at 10 seconds is from this commercial

@Michaels Lover You're like an encyclopedia of knowledge and I LOVE it!!

I wonder if you could help me identify where this clip comes from. I saw it in a short today and it's the first time I've seen it. No idea where it comes from! Michael is of course the sweetest in it, but it's so short and I want to see the whole thing. Any idea?

@Michaels Lover You're like an encyclopedia of knowledge and I LOVE it!!

I wonder if you could help me identify where this clip comes from. I saw it in a short today and it's the first time I've seen it. No idea where it comes from! Michael is of course the sweetest in it, but it's so short and I want to see the whole thing. Any idea?

It's from backstage at the Victory tour...don't know if a longer clip exist

Kind of bummed that such cool moves and clothing were used for a pepsi ad 🥺

She gets the essence of Michael Jackson and as far as I know she still believes in his innocence. I wonder what type of song they both would come up with if they sat together for a session. Her music is acquired taste, she is also a very emotional honest actress. Check her out in “ dancer in the dark”.

She gets the essence of Michael Jackson and as far as I know she still believes in his innocence. I wonder what type of song they both would come up with if they sat together for a session. Her music is acquired taste, she is also a very emotional honest actress. Check her out in “ dancer in the dark”.

Aww I’ve always liked Bjork… this just makes me like her more!

I'm glad she mentions We're Almost There. It's a lovely song although I don't listen to it much. I find the song and the tv performance too emotional so I tend to avoid them.

Otoh, it's really nice the way she focuses on Michael as someone who believed in magic, in the truest sense of the word. That was lovely.

Last edited:
This is by now a very known clip out there but it is clearly edited which naturally means there must be a full version. Now why do I like this so much? Firstly this is a style Michael never did before, the loungy jazz singing, very laid back, completely confident and natural. I don’t even think he rehearsed this,it just comes out naturally, he probably checked the lyrics and that’s it. The few shots of his mother clearly show her being proud of her little boy. This is smokey nightclub material. Secondly the version by Al Green is my all time favorite song and considering it beats all of MJ’s discography that is an incredible achievement lol

This is by now a very known clip out there but it is clearly edited which naturally means there must be a full version. Now why do I like this so much? Firstly this is a style Michael never did before, the loungy jazz singing, very laid back, completely confident and natural. I don’t even think he rehearsed this,it just comes out naturally, he probably checked the lyrics and that’s it. The few shots of his mother clearly show her being proud of her little boy. This is smokey nightclub material. Secondly the version by Al Green is my all time favorite song and considering it beats all of MJ’s discography that is an incredible achievement lol
This is one of my fave clips. Love it. I think Michael's voice was built for ballads and Hollywood show tunes. Smile. Childhood. Music and Me. Someone in the Dark. You Were There. But also smoky songs like this one. Torch songs. That type of thing. This style suits him so well. I would have loved it if he'd done a whole album of ballad-type stuff and then another one that was more jazzy, like this song here. It's the natural place for his voice and he did it so well.

Back