UPDATE - #133: the whole thing may be illegal - Blanket, Prince, Paris first autographs up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't for the life of me understand why people keep using Lisa and her parenting of her kids to justify this behavior, what Lisa wishes to do with her kids is her biz, we are trying to stand up for Michaels wishes, and we know his wishes because he has told us. It's like compeering apple and oranges. IMAO
sneeks out the back door.

I can't for the life of me understand why people keep using Lisa and her parenting of her kids to justify this behavior, what Lisa wishes to do with her kids is her biz, we are trying to stand up for Michaels wishes, and we know his wishes because he has told us. It's like compeering apple and oranges. IMAO
sneeks out the back door.

so true.
i think this thread has run its course ,there is no news about this belt thing.all of us has different opinion ,let just agree to disagree.
on the side note please don't post other peoples twitter ,it just don't seem right.

In reference to Riley Keough modeling at 14; Most models start at an early age modeling. Kate Moss, Naomi, Tyra....they all started very young.

Riley started modeling at 14. She never used the 'Presley' name. She's 'Keough'. Granted people know she comes from a famous family and that opened many doors for her, but she doesn't use the Presley name to foward her career (unlike her grandmother) and it's not like Riley was modeling victoria secret underwear. She was modeling actual full outfit clothes, so I don't see the big deal. At 20, she still has not been shown modeling with bikini's and she's not a baby anymore. She's over 18, she could do Playboy if she wanted but she chose not to. God know Huge Hefner is dying to get her.

As for Lisa pushing her to model, that's not true. According to Lisa she DID NOT want Riley modeling. She hated the idea. But she didn't want to raise her kids the way Precilla raised her trying to force her to be someone she wasn't (sending Lisa to boarding school and forcing her to learn french...among other things). Despite not liking the modeling thing, Lisa supported her daughter's decision. I mean, have people here been on Facebook or myspace? The skanky photos young girls post in their profile...modeling clothes in a catwalk is tame compare to what I seen on facebook lol

Riley has supported herself since she was 14. All the clothes she wears, everything she owns from the age of 14 and on, Riley bought it with all the modeling work she has done. Oprah asked Lisa about that in a 2005 interview and Lisa said it. 'I haven't given Riley money since she was 14....she is very independant and doesn't want my money. She's been working all these years she doesn't ask me for anything'. Lisa's son Ben is another story that I don't really know of. Can't speak about him.

Just wanted to point that out. You can go to youtube and look up her 2005 interview. Also look up many of Riley's interview on youtube. She's a very smart girl, studying photographing and getting into acting. She's no Paris Hilton or Brooke Hogan. Lisa did a good job raising her and I'm sure Michael had a hand on it too when they were still married. He kept seeing Lisa after the divorce...

Also we don't know what Michael would have done or would have not done with Paris. He himself said (Rabbi tapes) that Paris was a very strong girl and no one could tell her what to do. Prince is easy to walk over but not Paris. So if Paris wanted to model at 14, who knows what Michael would say or do. That would be up to him. Unfortunately, he's no longer here so we will never know.

The kids are old enough to decide whether they want to sign stuff but i'm suprised katherine would go along with this.

From what it seems Riley seems to be the total opposite of her mother... good for her She's 21 and still hasn't got a child that must be the first time happening since Godzilla and Liar!! lol

In reference to Riley Keough modeling at 14; Most models start at an early age modeling. Kate Moss, Naomi, Tyra....they all started very young.

Riley started modeling at 14. She never used the 'Presley' name. She's 'Keough'. Granted people know she comes from a famous family and that opened many doors for her, but she doesn't use the Presley name to foward her career (unlike her grandmother) and it's not like Riley was modeling victoria secret underwear. She was modeling actual full outfit clothes, so I don't see the big deal. At 20, she still has not been shown modeling with bikini's and she's not a baby anymore. She's over 18, she could do Playboy if she wanted but she chose not to. God know Huge Hefner is dying to get her.

As for Lisa pushing her to model, that's not true. According to Lisa she DID NOT want Riley modeling. She hated the idea. But she didn't want to raise her kids the way Precilla raised her trying to force her to be someone she wasn't (sending Lisa to boarding school and forcing her to learn french...among other things). Despite not liking the modeling thing, Lisa supported her daughter's decision. I mean, have people here been on Facebook or myspace? The skanky photos young girls post in their profile...modeling clothes in a catwalk is tame compare to what I seen on facebook lol

Riley has supported herself since she was 14. All the clothes she wears, everything she owns from the age of 14 and on, Riley bought it with all the modeling work she has done. Oprah asked Lisa about that in a 2005 interview and Lisa said it. 'I haven't given Riley money since she was 14....she is very independant and doesn't want my money. She's been working all these years she doesn't ask me for anything'. Lisa's son Ben is another story that I don't really know of. Can't speak about him.

Just wanted to point that out. You can go to youtube and look up her 2005 interview. Also look up many of Riley's interview on youtube. She's a very smart girl, studying photographing and getting into acting. She's no Paris Hilton or Brooke Hogan. Lisa did a good job raising her and I'm sure Michael had a hand on it too when they were still married. He kept seeing Lisa after the divorce...

For God's sake, Riley have her OWN FATHER, who she praises with LMP to always keep her in line and give you a good education and is he who accompanies her on the commitments as a model and including in fashion-shows.

With all due respect, I think fans should overcome marriage of Lisa & Michael, there are thousands of divorces in and out of Hollywood, MJ & LPM was just one more. Michael must have his reasons for put Diana Ross as alternate guardian of his kids. Have you heard any thing of Diana's children.

I do not hate Lisa, but I really did NOT enjoy anything in the interviews she gave from 2002-2005, for me it is very clear she was want to be cruel on purpose at the time that Michael was going hard and is now remorseful because she acted exactly how people acted with her father when he was down, are people she has always been critical.

Also we don't know what Michael would have done or would have not done with Paris. He himself said (Rabbi tapes) that Paris was a very strong girl and no one could tell her what to do. Prince is easy to walk over but not Paris. So if Paris wanted to model at 14, who knows what Michael would say or do. That would be up to him. Unfortunately, he's no longer here so we will never know.
I remember Michael WAS TALKING ABOUT WORRYING OF someone wanting to TAKE ADVANTAGE of some Prince and/or Paris, then he said had no concern with Paris because she was a very strong girl, but with Prince he had concerns because he was already more sensible. Michael was not talking in any way that Paris did what she means well, and since the death of Michael everyone who knew him and the kids says the three kids are polite and always respected the wishes, the words of their father.

And YES, Michael in his lifetime, already ANSWERED what he thought of the children follow a career in showbiz, which include Paris wanting - hypothetically speaking - be a model he said that the children would have to be of legal age and that he would talk about all pros and cons of a career in showbiz, having a public life, and he and child would choose together if it was a good idea or not.

Last edited:
And YES, Michael in his lifetime, already ANSWERED what he thought of the children follow a career in showbiz, which include Paris wanting - hypothetically speaking - be a model he said that the children would have to be of legal age and that he would talk about all pros and cons of a career in showbiz, having a public life, and he and child would choose together if it was a good idea or not.

it's so sad that the children are left without his guidance now and will have to make all the decisions without his help.... :( may God bless them and guide them...

it's so sad that the children are left without his guidance now and will have to make all the decisions without his help.... :( may God bless them and guide them...

yup :praying:.
what ever they do they have all our blessing and love all the way.

From what it seems Riley seems to be the total opposite of her mother... good for her She's 21 and still hasn't got a child that must be the first time happening since Godzilla and Liar!! lol

Both of Lisa's kid's came out good. She was the one who mainly raised them, so she did a good job concidering how crazy Lisa use to be in her teens.

I still stand by what I said yesturday and the other day when it comes to Lisa raising her kids. People keep clinging to what Lisa said about MJ over the years. What she said was messed up BUT it doesn't make her a bad mother. It's time for people to start moving on and not judge Lisa mainly from her interviews. She was the one with her kids 80% of the time. The kids father is in their lives more now since he plays in their mother's band and goes on the road with her. Not to mention accompanies Riley to her shows. Good. I say Lisa raised those kids right anyway. Glad the father is more in their daily life as they got older. Lisa never shipped them to boarding school or dumped them in some ranch like her mom did days after Lisa saw her dad die. Lisa had a terrible mother and that's why she was a coke addict at 14 and pregnant by 19. I blame Precilla for that more then anything. I still say Lisa would be a much better guardian for Michael kids then his own mother or even Diana Ross. Diana has had mental issues over the years. She's known to be a bit violent. Her behavior towards the people who worked at Motown is legendary as well as the way she treated her fellow supreme sisters. And her behavior at the Motown 25 show was infamous. She's a great woman with talent, I give her that. Her kid's father were in their lives since they were little so it's not like Diana raised them all by herself. And Ross' kids came out alright too so that's good...

Anyway, my opinion :)

And as for Micheal's parenting; We weren't there therefore we don't know what he would have allowed or not allowed to do with his kids. We don't know if he would have said no to Paris modeling. We don't know if he would have told Prince 'no' if he wanted to join a show on the disney channel. We just don't know. People need to stop thinking they know Michael better then anyone else. They don't. And we will never know what he would have done.

Last edited:
Both of Lisa's kid's came out good. She was the one who mainly raised them, so she did a good job concidering how crazy Lisa use to be in her teens.

I still stand by what I said yesturday and the other day when it comes to Lisa raising her kids. People don't like it, oh well. My opinion :)

Hello??? j/k

But where did you get that Lisa "She was the one who mainly raised them"?
Even when Lisa married Michael, she always made it clear that Danny was the FATHER of her children, in all interviews post-divorce of MJ, she always said that Danny was a very present father in the lives their children, without saying that she STATE that Danny is her BEST FRIEND, she said was Danny who home-schooled their kids, and studied with the children etc, I think was in Rolling Stone Magazine that she and the reporter said this about Danny to study with children, home-schooled their kids, he is very present in the lives of children and Lisa too.

Do you have any link that confirms your statemmet?

I do not want you to think I'm disrespecting you. You have every right to find Lisa a good mother, but she has to do with the kids of Michael? She has her OWN family to care ...

I still stand by what I said yesturday and the other day when it comes to Lisa raising her kids. People keep clinging to what Lisa said about MJ over the years. What she said was messed up BUT it doesn't make her a bad mother. It's time for people to start moving on and not judge Lisa mainly from her interviews. She was the one with her kids 80% of the time. The kids father is in their lives more now since he plays in their mother's band and goes on the road with her. Not to mention accompanies Riley to her shows. Good. I say Lisa raised those kids right anyway. Glad the father is more in their daily life as they got older. Lisa never shipped them to boarding school or dumped them in some ranch like her mom did days after Lisa saw her dad die. Lisa had a terrible mother and that's why she was a coke addict at 14 and pregnant by 19. I blame Precilla for that more then anything. I still say Lisa would be a much better guardian for Michael kids then his own mother or even Diana Ross. Diana has had mental issues over the years. She's known to be a bit violent. Her behavior towards the people who worked at Motown is legendary as well as the way she treated her fellow supreme sisters. And her behavior at the Motown 25 show was infamous. She's a great woman with talent, I give her that. Her kid's father were in their lives since they were little so it's not like Diana raised them all by herself. And Ross' kids came out alright too so that's good...
I think you are forget, Michael know Diana Ross since he was a kid, he until LIVED with her, and if HIS CHOICE WAS DIANA and not Lisa or anyone else, he had his reasons. MJ was from Motown too, should know very well what was going on there.

Without talking he should know Diana Ross VERY BEST than all of us together, and he should know what was BEST for HIS CHILDREN in this world than anyone else, including fans.

I think you don't know very well the life of Diana Ross, she have FIVE children and NOT the fathers her children weren't presents in their lives. Only Berry Gordy.

From where did you get that Danny was not present in the lives of his children with Lisa, I have not the slightest idea, the way Lisa take away the drugs was Scientology, where Priscilla took her, and was there she met Danny.

And as for Micheal's parenting; We weren't there therefore we don't know what he would have allowed or not allowed to do with his kids. We don't know if he would have said no to Paris modeling. We don't know if he would have told Prince 'no' if he wanted to join a show on the disney channel. We just don't know. People need to stop thinking they know Michael better then anyone else. They don't. And we will never know what he would have done.
Michael in his lifetime already ANSWERED this question.
If for you the answer of Michael about his children into showbiz is not enough, I can not do anything, if you don't believe in which I wrote, go to youtube and see with your own eyes.

Lisa ISN'T the mother of Michael'KIDS, and he made CLEAR in his Will WHO HE WANTED to TAKE CARE of HIS CHILDREN, NO ONE of persons cited is Lisa Marie Presley.

the people need to stop thinking they know Michael better then anyone else
I think you just contradicting yourself in your own words, no?

In his Will, Michael made CLEAR, who HE WANTED to TAKE CARE of HIS CHILDREN, and you appears be somewhat critical of the choices of Michael, by chance you think knows what's BETTER for Michael'kids than HIMSELF?

Last edited:
The way some fans here are reacting is unbelieavle.

Let Lisa Marie be their Guardian
Let them get emancipation
Let Janet give Katherine and Joe her wealth
Oh the terible evil devilish Jacksons

all because the kids signed a belt.

Now let me remind you of something. Lisa Marie's daughter at age 14 was on the CATWALK MODELING.

Here it is http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/elvisgranddaughtertorockthecatwalk.shtml

I bet her mother was exploiting her for fame and money.

Some of you are becoming super-ridiculous about Jacksons just as the media was. The media hated two people, Michael Jackson and the Jacksons, ever since the 80s.

Now that Michael is away, they are left with one to demonise.

No one denies Joe has his shortcomings. But hey, when the Grammy uses the kids for ratings and pressures Katherine to allow them to pay tribute to their father, for fans, that's a good thing.

When it's We Are The World and Katherine is urged to get kids to recite a poem for other people's benefit, then that's a good thing.

But when it's raising funds for a family museum of which MJ is part, just because Joe is the architect, then it's a bad thing for kids just to autograph.

Let me ask any fan one thing, what would Katherine have approved for the kids to do now that it's about one year to commemorate their father's passing?
The concert Jermaine planned is off.
The executors have not bothered and could care less about planning a 1 year memorial for MJ other than signing multi-million deals and also pocketing a nice chunk for themselves.

Tell me what else is on the table to commemorate MJ's passing after one year? And which promoter out there would do a comemoration for MJ with no money involved?

In any case, if it wasn't for Joe and Katherine, we wouldn't be here talking about MJ, he would be somewhere in Gary unknown.

But they want to set up a museum which should have been done long ago, the executors could care less about Gary or Jacksons legacy of which MJ is a part of, but some fans are in hysterics.

I bet PPB should just sit home and eat a quiet dinner to commemorate their father's passing, unless it's an idea by the executors in which they can pocket some millions and not the Jacksons pocketing the millions.

You also forget one thing, the executors have rights over MJ's solo career but they don't have rights over everything.
Motown owned by Universal has rights over MJ's music when he was a kid. So they can use his music and likeness as a kid of photos taken by Motown without approval of the executors.

In the same way, Katherine is guardian of the kids and Jacksons have a legacy over which they have rights, including when MJ was part of them, from Triumph tour to Victory, photos and all that, to extract that would be detrimental to them.

This is not clearcut and if Bravado sued, the Jacksons could also raise their rights to use MJ's likeness as a member of the Jacksons

Remember -

Jackson5 - Motown has rights
The Jacksons - Jacksons have rights as a group
Michael solo career - executors have rights

So that crap of "sue the Jacksons" will only underscore that they have rights to use his image and likeness within teh context of "The Jacksons"

And Katherine as a beneficiary can claim legal expenses from the very same executors seeking to sue her through Bravado, so it's like suing themselves, that's why they have to sit down as is happening now and talk, something executors had refused to do.

I know many have been conditioned to hate the Jacksons but here, no one is in the right and there is a reason why each side is making the decisions that they make.

It's funny to judge Katherine and accuse her of exploiting the kids when you haven't even heard what she has to say, except going by what executors and media have to say.

Since Katherine is a beneficiary of Michael's estate at 40%, she has the money, and you accuse her of exploiting the kids

Why not go and accuse Lisa Marie, beneficiary of Elvis estate of exploiting her 14 year old daughter for something many condemn, putting underage girls on the catwalk? Because it could only happen with parental/guardian approval for a 14 year old.

Oh, and let Paris be looked after by her, she too will be on the Catwalk soon at 14 years if she wants to model, then we will see what you have to say about "exploitation".

What an excellent post. Who have brought up points on so many different levels and have detailed some legal issues about rights. Clap Clap

:blink: Illegal?!? :girl_mad:

:doh:

Damn, I really like the black one with all the crystals...

I've been wishing for an "Official" MJ clothing line for years

MsMo this is off topic, but I found a website that is selling his line and other celebs. They have his clothing from TII also. I am going to give myself a gift of some of the items.

Hello??? j/k

I don't do the message board back and fourth fighting thing. I have nothing to prove. I don't have the time for that kind of back and fourth thing. I know many members here do that, but I just don't have the patience for it. I say what I need to say, then leave it like that. No offence if I don't reply after this post.

I researched my information from years of reading books and gaining knowledge on the subjects. I am not going to post source by source where I got all my FACTUAL information. I have been studying the life of many stars for many years, stars like Michael, Diana Ross, Elvis, Lisa ect. List is long.

Not going to get into it with you. I stand by what I said. I will not defend myself. YOU do your research. YOU search for the information. That's what amazon.com, youtube and google is for.

That's it for me on this subject.

Why all this hate over signing one belt as a tribute to michael? What i have come to understand that some fans dislike the jackson family for some reason, even when michael was still hear some fans reacted the same way, so how can you say you love and respect michael and talk about his family with no respect? michael may have had problems with some family members at times, you never herd him say anything bad about them he always spoke of love toward his family even joe he never said hateful words towards him,michael jackson is a jackson, what is sombody talked bad about your mom and dad and family would'nt it be like talking bad about you cause you are family.

Actually he did...in the glenda tapes,in the tapes of shmuley,in the official intewiews with OW....it's pretty clear what he thought about them...his will speaks volumes and now that the trust has been made public only confirms it,the fact he choose diana ross and not ONE member of his own beloved family to raise the kids after kate will pass speaks volumes to me...MJ would have never pimp his own kids to sell cheap merchandise...

And the fans who bring up the recorded 2 seconds part Prince did in the invincible album to validate this belt fiasco only shows me what they really think about MJ art...comparing an album to a shitty belt...way to call yourselves MJ fans..lol and keep lecturing who doesn't support this bogus!

How can you say you love MJ when the basic of his decisions(protecting the privacy and not pimping his kids) are not respected?I choose to be with MJ on this one,not Joe & Co.
MJ priorities were his kids NOT the rest of his family,that's what parents do.
If my father did something similar to my kid behind my back I'd kick his ass!
Would I hate him?maybe not,but I'd still kick his ass...
Here we are voicing our opinions because fans are very very powerful,for the simple fact that it's us who PAY AND BUY MERCH AND RECORDS...remember that..if not one single person buys that crap they'll learn a lesson hopefully...

Actually he did...in the glenda tapes,in the tapes of shmuley,in the official intewiews with OW....it's pretty clear what he thought about them...his will speaks volumes and now that the trust has been made public only confirms it,the fact he choose diana ross and not ONE member of his own beloved family to raise the kids after kate will pass speaks volumes to me...MJ would have never pimp his own kids to sell cheap merchandise...

And the fans who bring up the recorded 2 seconds part Prince did in the invincible album to validate this belt fiasco only shows me what they really think about MJ art...comparing an album to a shitty belt...way to call yourselves MJ fans..lol and keep lecturing who doesn't support this bogus!

How can you say you love MJ when the basic of his decisions(protecting the privacy and not pimping his kids) are not respected?I choose to be with MJ on this one,not Joe & Co.
Here we are voicing our opinions because fans are very very powerful,for the simple fact that it's us who PAY AND BUY MERCH AND RECORDS...remember that..if not one single person buys that crap they'll learn a lesson hopefully...

:clapping:

yup..I agree with this..:clapping:

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

:clapping: few family member and some fans are in denial.

For those that consider themselves sanctioned experts regarding the lives of a very large and famous FAMILY, perhaps your credentials need thorough auditing in order to find out just what went wrong. To put it nicely, there's ignorance to reality, transfixion on sensationalism and much "assuming" of oneself into circles.

But I promise, not only Mr. Taylor, but to those who sincerely believe in the ORIGINAL intent of this forum, if Katherine Jackson is not given her due respect, we are prepared to tranfer part of the burden we have to bear from these relentless insults right where it belongs. Sadly, most of the disdain originates from an UNLIKELY place! The more I think about it, the greater my agony elevates because I never though it would devolve to such a circumstance. The leadership could help us, but many appear to subliminally support it. Michael wouldn't WANT this I assure you. Me-me-me ness will lead some to the edge before they open their eyes.

Real Talk!

Keep WATCHIN'.......
:agree:

Sometimes when bands ASSume they are in unisome, at least one member will be attentive enough to realize they are actually offbeat. It is also a bitter pill to swallow when that "imperfection" is pointed out.
only to realize that dissonance or atonality are indeed qualities that enrich and diversify music and that he's the one who didn't get what his mates where playing...

Sometimes when bands ASSume they are in unisome, at least one member will be attentive enough to realize they are actually offbeat. It is also a bitter pill to swallow when that "imperfection" is pointed out.

For those that consider themselves sanctioned experts regarding the lives of a very large and famous FAMILY, perhaps your credentials need thorough auditing in order to find out just what went wrong. To put it nicely, there's ignorance to reality, transfixion on sensationalism and much "assuming" of oneself into circles.

With the clapping being a little offkey, could an expert please tell me if Michael APPROVED of "THIS IS IT" the motion picture? That is since this narrative continues to surface and the band knows what he REALLY wanted.

Also, Respect is earned you say?

Well Levin, Anka, McClain, Branca, Botek and many more must be "EARNING" it in droves.

Aren't they?

Experts only please!

But I promise, not only Mr. Taylor, but to those who sincerely believe in the ORIGINAL intent of this forum, if Katherine Jackson is not given her due respect, we are prepared to tranfer part of the burden we have to bear from these relentless insults right where it belongs. Sadly, most of the disdain originates from an UNLIKELY place! The more I think about it, the greater my agony elevates because I never though it would devolve to such a circumstance. The leadership could help us, but many appear to subliminally support it. Michael wouldn't WANT this I assure you. Me-me-me ness will lead some to the edge before they open their eyes.

Real Talk!

Randy, is that you? It can't be because he has no understanding of the word "respect".

lol

only to realize that dissonance or atonality are indeed qualities that enrich and diversify music and that he's the one who didn't get what his mates where playing...

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

I have to learn how to give reps. You are more than deserving of some MAJOR reps.

With the clapping being a little offkey, could an expert please tell me if Michael APPROVED of "THIS IS IT" the motion picture? That is since this narrative continues to surface and the band knows what he REALLY wanted.

Are you saying that because This Is It was released, selling autographs

of the children should be put in the same category? Really?

Are you saying that because This Is It was released, selling autographs

of the children should be put in the same category? Really?

Exactly. how ridiculous?

The executors are the first to admit, MJ being a perfectionist wouldn't have liked "This is it" being released if he was alive....Branca told the AP at the time of the Sony record deal announcement to the media:

Branca said he is convinced that Jackson would be delighted with the results of their negotiations.
“John McClain said it best,” Branca said. “He said that Michael probably wouldn’t have wanted ‘This is It’ released because he was such a perfectionist and it was rehearsal footage. But if he had seen that we could get $60 million for his mother and children and it became the biggest concert movie of all time, he would have said, ‘Thank you very much.’

http://www.theskanner.com/article/view/section/28/id/11668

This is it was brilliant...MJ might have thought otherwise, and we can all appreciate his perfectionism....but don't go comparing counterfeit belts to This is it.

The executors are the first to admit, MJ being a perfectionist wouldn't have liked "This is it" being released if he was alive....Branca told the AP at the time of the Sony record deal announcement to the media:

http://www.theskanner.com/article/view/section/28/id/11668

This is it was brilliant...MJ might have thought otherwise, and we can all appreciate his perfectionism....but don't go comparing counterfeit belts to This is it.

kudos to you too!
I was thinking about his article....following the logic of some fans,MJ's legacy would be dead in a couple of years because he's not here to approve projects any more,BUT it's totally ok to use the same logic that would prevent Branca end Co from executing M's own wishes,to promote belts signed by 3 kids....
How the hell can folks compare the artistic and emotional value of "This is it" with a belt?!
And how ironic is it that Joe is using belts to raise money for his own museum?Maybe next time he should sell the one he used on his son....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back