The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

2023 / Kylie / Padam Padam promo shot

kylie-minogue-padam-padam-tgj-1280x720.jpeg

Can you be more specific? I got the translation "he is possessed" 😅.Is that the meaning?
I mean to say that it’s crazy, the things that apparently can be done with a typewriter. That video you posted – I wish it was longer so that one could get a better idea of how he’s able to accomplish such art. I bet it must have taken him a really long time, and not just for that particular artwork, but even more so in preparation thereto, because technical prowess at this level hardly comes at no expense. Imagine the hours he must have spent! I can see it before me, him with a ruler, squinting at some part of the typewriter, measuring just how some adjustment will impact a certain arm’s contact with the paper. And all the while surrounded by his kids jumping and shouting, I imagine. Perhaps there’s a dog there, too.

Unbelievable! Did you like the movie?
Yes, eventually. But it took me some time to stomach the footage! If you’ve seen that Mission Impossible movie where Tom Cruise goes to Dubai and climbs the outside of the world’s tallest building – that’s essentially what this movie delivers, too, but all throughout its playtime! Heavy stuff! 😅

I mean to say that it’s crazy, the things that apparently can be done with a typewriter. That video you posted – I wish it was longer so that one could get a better idea of how he’s able to accomplish such art. I bet it must have taken him a really long time, and not just for that particular artwork, but even more so in preparation thereto, because technical prowess at this level hardly comes at no expense. Imagine the hours he must have spent! I can see it before me, him with a ruler, squinting at some part of the typewriter, measuring just how some adjustment will impact a certain arm’s contact with the paper. And all the while surrounded by his kids jumping and shouting, I imagine. Perhaps there’s a dog there, too.
I agree with there, which is crazy in some ways. Takes a huge amount of patience and time. But to do it surrounded by kids and a dog seems even more incredible😅😅😅😅

Yes, eventually. But it took me some time to stomach the footage! If you’ve seen that Mission Impossible movie where Tom Cruise goes to Dubai and climbs the outside of the world’s tallest building – that’s essentially what this movie delivers, too, but all throughout its playtime! Heavy stuff! 😅
Watching this. The beginning is unsettling and it doesn't get any easier, such a swing of anxiety and hope. And the views are dizzying. 40 minutes to go. I'm taking a break, I'm having a hard time watching this.

“Strandzoneringen” (the natural zones/strips) is remarkable! I love that. A healthy dose of seaweed outermost, followed by a sand strip, followed by “klappersten” (‘shingle,’ is it? Small rocks grinded smooth by the sea); then a rather rapid transition to moor. No dunes, how come? And at the photo’s middle left edge, is that a glimpse of a “korvsjö”? (I have no idea what this is in English. It means a part of a meandering running water system that has been cut off as to form a body of stagnant water. Literal translation is “sausage lake.”)

Watching this. The beginning is unsettling and it doesn't get any easier, such a swing of anxiety and hope. And the views are dizzying. 40 minutes to go. I'm taking a break, I'm having a hard time watching this.
Yes, a break is most certainly called for! Exciting that you’re watching it, I would like to compare notes after you’ve finished.

Yes, a break is most certainly called for! Exciting that you’re watching it, I would like to compare notes after you’ve finished.
I looked it up. I liked it and the idea of living life to the fullest, not being afraid to do what you want. (But not things like in the movie where it threatens your very life).
"If you're afraid to die, don't be afraid to live."
Loved the level of tension in the movie and how it alternated between failure and new hope to cope with the problem. Impressed by the role of birds and the scene where the girl wins, it was a turning point in her belief in the possibility of survival. The moment with the unexpected news about the friend seemed unnecessary to me, and somehow too far-fetched. 😅
Loved that the role of the father was crucial in the end. I had some tears at the end, more from the overall tension of the movie.
I'm not an extreme person at all, the scariest thing I've done was doing "sunshine" on a swing 🤣🤣 so watching others do extreme things is a challenge for me😅😅😅😅😅

I looked it up. I liked it and the idea of living life to the fullest, not being afraid to do what you want. (But not things like in the movie where it threatens your very life).
"If you're afraid to die, don't be afraid to live."
Loved the level of tension in the movie and how it alternated between failure and new hope to cope with the problem. Impressed by the role of birds and the scene where the girl wins, it was a turning point in her belief in the possibility of survival. The moment with the unexpected news about the friend seemed unnecessary to me, and somehow too far-fetched. 😅
Loved that the role of the father was crucial in the end. I had some tears at the end, more from the overall tension of the movie.
I'm not an extreme person at all, the scariest thing I've done was doing "sunshine" on a swing 🤣🤣 so watching others do extreme things is a challenge for me😅😅😅😅😅
Beautiful analysis! It echoes my thoughts quite accurately. And just like you, I found that major twist hard to digest. In fact, you put it perfectly: “unnecessary.”

It’s interesting that I, for some odd reason, show interest in—even actively seek out!—these kind of movies where dizzling heights is either the primary focal point or a major ingredient. I’ve mentioned that installment of Mission Impossible upthread; another is a documentary on Disney+ about an American rock climber. That one is painful to watch if you have even the slightest hint of acrophobia! Its title is Free Solo, and it’s presented by Disney like so:

Free solo climber Alex Honnold prepares to achieve his lifelong dream: scaling the 3,200-foot El Capitan in Yosemite National Park without a rope.

😱

So why expose oneself to this? I’ve grown increasingly afraid of heights through adulthood, so cannot help but find it puzzling. Is it self-torture?

The birds (vultures) were indeed great! A breath of fresh air, too, that they weren’t the usual awfully looking computer generated type, but actual creatures!

Also, I feel as though there’s some analogy to be had from that dead deer that they encountered prior to the climb, but I’m not sure what it is.

The father’s role was small, but important.

Back