Sony's MJ Youtube Channel

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
thread is cleaned from unnecessary arguments between the members. please let's stay on topic.

I believe this one is the official one with the membership date of 2005

http://www.youtube.com/user/michaeljackson

'michaeljacksonSME' is for now the official channel. The old one redirects to SME (Sony Music Entertainment, I assume). They must have merged back in September.

It's very disappointing. Hopefully Sony put some effort into it soon.

'michaeljacksonSME' is for now the official channel. The old one redirects to SME (Sony Music Entertainment, I assume). They must have merged back in September.

I believe it depends where you are accessing it from. I'm in US and it stays at "michaeljackson" (doesn't redirect to anywhere) and the videos are linked from "michaeljacksonvevo". Even if I go to "michaeljacksonsme" directly, it says that the videos are blocked in my country.

so in US still michaeljackson is the official channel

Last edited:
it's an outrage really. The old channel had like 580 million views, it was huge, and now the whole world except the US has been but of from it and stuck with MichaelJacksonSME making it look like to those who don't know, there isn't much demand for michaels videos. Those huge viewing figures make a difference. They need to sort this out.

Back