Predict 5 songs that will pick up in popularity after the biopic

Smile
Keep the Faith
Childhood
Heal the World
Gone Too Soon

Last edited:
I dunno. None of them, most likely.

This film isn't gonna be a global smash, if that's what you're thinking. And even the biggest films usually only have one hit song on the charts.

They Don’t Care About Us, Childhood, Music and Me, Earth Song, Wanna Be Startin Somthin

This film isn't gonna be a global smash, if that's what you're thinking. And even the biggest films usually only have one hit song on the charts.

You can't say that. The film has not yet been released. Wait a bit before saying something like that.

It's a biopic on Michael Jackson, it's going to attract people already.

Would you say Human Nature might be on this? I'd root for that. I think Man In The Mirror will show up. The other three? Hmmm...:unsure:

Chicago is one of Michael's most played songs on spotify. Number 5 I think, so you never know what song(s) will increase in popularity.

With picking up I mean songs that will have a substantial gain in streams like what happened with Chicago and Heaven Can Wait

You can't say that. The film has not yet been released. Wait a bit before saying something like that.
The topic is asking me what I think. I can say anything I want. I might be right or I might be wrong. We'll find out later.

It's a biopic on Michael Jackson, it's going to attract people already.
And TII was chronicling the last couple of weeks before he died. It was a successful film. How many songs became hits because of that?

Oh yeah - none

With picking up I mean songs that will have a substantial gain in streams like what happened with Chicago and Heaven Can Wait
I'm thinking about Saturday Night Fever and The Bodyguard, which are probably the two biggest soundtracks in movie history.

Neither of them managed to have 5 major hit singles.

It's simply not gonna happen with MJ, unless you're setting the bar really low (ie a 1% increase in streams).

Michael also dominated the singles charts after his death. I think TDCAU had a huge boost in populariy due to the fact that an excerpt of the TII rehearsals was aired on every news-station.

@R1chard

Ffs read lol. I’m not thinking about hits, there won’t be any hits I agree with that but We will very likely see some songs increasing their daily streaming numbers, that is what I am talking about.

Who would have guessed chicago to become one of MJ’s top 10 streaming songs for months? I certainly didn’t.

I’m not thinking about hits, there won’t be any hits I agree with that but We will very likely see some songs increasing their daily streaming numbers, that is what I am talking about.
Well, if you put it that way, I guess so. ie a minor increase in streams that nobody will notice. Like I say, there probably won't even be one hit (TII struggled to make top 20 even though the radio played it).

A few people in this thread saying Childhood and Music And Me, so most likely a slow song.

Then again, Just Good Friends probably doesn't get a lot of streams, so that could see a massive % increase, lol.

Last edited:
The topic is asking me what I think. I can say anything I want. I might be right or I might be wrong. We'll find out later.

And TII was chronicling the last couple of weeks before he died. It was a successful film. How many songs became hits because of that?

Oh yeah - none

Yes, and I can say too that I do not agree and that it is better to wait to see the final result instead of trying to predict whether the film will be a flop. Maybe yes, maybe no.

Some of Michael's songs are already hits. There is no doubt that Billie Jean will be able to return to the top of the charts!

Human Nature, because it fits to his biography
almost as if he wrote it:
If they say why, why
Tell 'em that it's human nature

Yes, and I can say too that I do not agree
Great. We're discussing. It's a discussion board. Mission accomplished.

It's not supposed to be a board where everybody thinks the same thing and we all just sit here congratulating each other.

and that it is better to wait to see the final result instead of trying to predict whether the film will be a flop.
You voluntarily clicked on a thread that invited you to "Predict 5 songs". If people are against predicting stuff then maybe we should shut down the site.

Some of Michael's songs are already hits. There is no doubt that Billie Jean will be able to return to the top of the charts!
Possibly Billie Jean is one of the songs that won't see a gain, ie because it already has a lot of streams. The % increase will be tiny.

I still think people are overestimating the impact. Thriller had it's 40th anniversary - they re-released the album, and yet there were something like 0.1 million sales. It didn't even come on the radar.

It will depend to some extent on how the film does, but I really think it's not realistic to expect anything. If you've got low expectations then you won't need to get angry and criticise the estate afterwards. And if there is a hit it will be a nice surprise.

I can’t predict how good the film will do at the box office, I certainly don’t expect Bohemian Rhapsody kind of numbers. This somehow became a cultural phenomenon that catapulted Queen to stratospheric heights in popularity, even despite the film in itself being completely forgettable.
But Michael should become a decent success somewhere in the region of movies like Elvis and One Love (Bob Marley). A hit but soon to be forgotten.

What I do expect is a sort of streaming impact that will last for a month and then dies out and that is why I made this thread, to predict which songs will profit the most of the upcoming film.

Great. We're discussing. It's a discussion board. Mission accomplished.

You know, you don't have to be cynical.

But apart from our discussion, you did not respond to the topic itself because you did not provide your songs (I consider that you did so). But above all you said that the biopic will not be a success: "This film isn't going to be a global smash" as if it had already been released. You can assume that he won't be successful but again, you don't know. We can't predict the future, we can only guess. Same here with the songs.

It's not supposed to be a board where everybody thinks the same thing and we all just sit here congratulating each other.
Lmao, I never said that. I just said you were just giving your opinion when you claimed the movie will be a flop. That's all I said. Point. I never said that everyone must think the same thing and that hypocrisy (I guess that's what you implied) is appropriate.

You voluntarily clicked on a thread that invited you to "Predict 5 songs". If people are against predicting stuff then maybe we should shut down the site.

You stated it as if you already knew it. We can predict but these are just guesses. No, you don't know if the movie will be a flop but the way you said it was like it was going to be a flop for sure. Maybe you were giving your opinion, but the way you said it was matter of fact like you were stating a fact.

Possibly Billie Jean is one of the songs that won't see a gain, ie because it already has a lot of streams. The % increase will be tiny.

It's possible. But maybe Billie Jean will rise a lot as the majority of the masses love to hear her and associate her with Michael.

I still think people are overestimating the impact. Thriller had it's 40th anniversary - they re-released the album, and yet there were something like 0.1 million sales. It didn't even come on the radar.

At the same time there was no promotion. But I grant you, the promotion of Thriller was very minimal. :x

It will depend to some extent on how the film does, but I really think it's not realistic to expect anything. If you've got low expectations then you won't need to get angry and criticise the estate afterwards. And if there is a hit it will be a nice surprise.

I don't expect anything personally. If he is successful, I would be happy, but if he is not, it would sadden me. But honestly, I don't know what to expect.

We're going a little off topic but it's not a big deal!

Predict some songs, not if you think a film you haven't seen will be popular in the cinema (Hint: Most movies are.)

I predict Black or White will also see a huge resurgence.

It's incredible one of the biggest number 1s of all time is basically never talked about.

But as soon as they use it in some promotions, I can just tell were all gonna remember how good it is.

ut Michael should become a decent success somewhere in the region of movies like Elvis and One Love (Bob Marley). A hit but soon to be forgotten.

What I do expect is a sort of streaming impact that will last for a month and then dies out and that is why I made this thread, to predict which songs will profit the most of the upcoming film.
Pretty much this. This is what's gonna happen. And for most artists this would pass by without anybody noticing. But for some reason there are people that get really excited when there's a 1% increase with anything to do with MJ...

But apart from our discussion, you did not respond to the topic itself because you did not provide your songs (I consider that you did so).
My prediction was "None of them". If pushed, lots of songs will see a miniscule increase that you can barely measure. On absolute numbers, it's probably gonna be Billie Jean, Smooth Criminal and whatever songs are pushed by the film (I've not seen it so I don't know which ones). On relative numbers, it's likely to be the lesser known songs that have the biggest % increase.

But above all you said that the biopic will not be a success: "This film isn't going to be a global smash"
Not being a global smash is not the same thing as a failure. There is a middle ground.

At the same time there was no promotion. But I grant you, the promotion of Thriller was very minimal. :x
It's thriller! It should promote itself.

Predict some songs, not if you think a film you haven't seen will be popular in the cinema (Hint: Most movies are.)
How do you mean? 80% of all movies FAIL to make a profit. Cinemas are struggling, and they make all their money from overpriced popcorn. I went to see Ghostbusters on Saturday, and there were - I'm not exaggerating - about 8 people watching the film. If you pick any random film in any cinema at any showing on any day of the week, there's a very good chance the whole thing is empty.

The cinemas spend 51 weeks of the year waiting for that one smash hit that keeps them afloat for the whole year.

Last edited:
Missing my point to argue about a topic that's not relevant is like a fetish for some people.

I think that a reworked version of Price of Fame feat. The Weeknd could be a hit. It should be the first single.

I predict Black or White will also see a huge resurgence.

It's incredible one of the biggest number 1s of all time is basically never talked about.

But as soon as they use it in some promotions, I can just tell were all gonna remember how good it is.
I hope the biopic shows that Michael was the first black artist on MTV.

Back