Positive websites and videos that celebrate MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Jackson - Neverland - Part IX

296777_183547031713698_1790206_n.jpg

Young Archer statue at Neverland

297038_185382048196863_5474338_n.jpg

Another beautiful statue from Neverland. A Bronze Statue of 'Gloria Victis' [Glory to the Vanquished] It depicts a winged female allegorical image of Fame (or of Hope) carrying to glory a dying French hero, his broken sword a sign of defeat.
It is a replica or possibly cast from the original sculpture Gloria Victis, by French sculptor and artist Marius-Jean-Antonin Mercié. The monumental original was created in 1874 and is at the National Gallery of Art in Washington DC.

314480_191951897539878_1584078_n.jpg

Statue at Neverland. A Maiden with birds and Cherubs wrangle dolphins and sea serpents at the base of this white marble pedestal fountain from the Neverland estate. 141"; diameter, 74".

310619_192384967496571_1140326917_n.jpg

Fountain at Neverland

310619_192384970829904_617266301_n.jpg

Statue at Neverland

297038_185382044863530_5613958_n.jpg

Statue at Neverland

294508_181135985288136_2881641_n.jpg

Statues at Neverland

298842_191966437538424_3697259_n.jpg

Statue at Neverland

298127_183512825050452_5449527_n.jpg

Harley converted to a Motorcycle from Michaels collection.

299823_183529948382073_5369582_n.jpg

Michaels fire truck

292563_180718691996532_7312153_n.jpg

Candy store inside the train station at Neverland

312905_192167754184959_3838475_n.jpg

Peter Pan and Captain Hook in rafters and a large photo of Shirley Temple.

299440_192399104161824_314221919_n.jpg

Peter Pan and Hook in the rafters at Neverland

302661_192118854189849_4289527_n.jpg

Captain Hook at Neverland

302661_192118860856515_4493074_n.jpg

Peter Pan at Neverland

223755_181786908556377_8293461_n.jpg

Source:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.180185002049901.44271.116222408446161&type=3

Michael Jackson - A Tour of Michaels Neverland

I HAD TO DELETE THE VIDEO BECAUSE OF ACCIDENTAL USE OF PRIVATE FAMILY PICTURES, OF A FAMILY THAT VISITED NEVERLAND. WILL REUPLOAD NEW VERSION TONIGHT. I'M SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies.
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you.
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight.
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous.
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow.
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough.
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

--Written by Mother Teresa--

I was going to write, or search for, a poem about the glasses through which we view the world and others. You see, what you think of others doesn't say very much about these 'others', but it says a lot about you! The same goes for Michael Jackson and how the world viewed him. The media painted a very distorted picture of him as that sold the most copies, a lucky few got to know the real person behind the persona. It's next to impossible to make everyone happy. Someone will always find fault with what you do, no matter how good the intentions are. Michael Jackson experienced this in an exaggerated form, none of us can even begin to comprehend. I hope the images of Neverland speak louder than a thousand words in conveying Michael's true intentions: creating a haven of joy and happiness for children and their families, even if only for one single day. Children are, after all, our future!

Last edited:
Michael Jackson's Blood on the Dancefloor, 15 years later

I thought and thought about BOTF, but I didn't "get it". The gist of the song, why was it made, what did it want to convey mostly, what did and does it mean ? Of course, I don't really know Michael, since I never met him or spoke to him in person, but I did know that everything Michael did, had a reason behind it, sometimes even multiple layers of meaning. That is what makes his songs and his short films so great, each one can get from it, what they need, what they recognize mostly in that song, that dance.
It really bugged me that I didn't get BOTF and stupidly enough I did not think of Joe Vogel's excellent book 'Man in the Music' to see what he found out about BOTF. So I asked a friend on facebook and she sent me this link. And then I smiled, because I saw the layer of meaning in Blood on the Dancefloor, that wasn't there before....
~ MJJLaugh

MAR 21 2012

The strange story behind the global hit, which was released a decade and a half ago today

Blood%20On%20The%20Dance%20Floor%20615.jpg

On June 6, 1990, producer/musician Teddy Riley was supposed to be at his friend and fellow band member's birthday party. Instead, he spent the night at a Soundworks Studio on 23rd Avenue in Queens, working on grooves for none other than the King of Pop, Michael Jackson.
"I told [the group] I had a lot of work to do," Riley recalls. "Michael was my priority. I was going out to California to meet him soon, and he wanted me to bring my best work."

It was a fortuitous decision.

Later that evening, Riley learned someone was shot on the dance floor at the party he had skipped. He was shaken. At just 23 years of age, violence and death were already becoming a recurring theme in his life. Within that same year, his half-brother and best friend both had also been murdered.

Riley was shocked to learn Jackson's title for the track: "Blood on the Dance Floor." "He knew what it was about even before I told him what happened that night." The rhythm track Riley worked on that night was aggressive, ominous, menacing. But it had no words, no title, and no melody.
The following Saturday he was on his way to Neverland Ranch to meet Michael Jackson. Riley was nervous. Jackson had already tried out a handful of people to replace legendary producer, Quincy Jones, including L.A. Reid, Babyface and Bryan Loren. None stayed on.

Jackson had high hopes, however, for Teddy Riley, whose street-inflected New Jack Swing style brilliantly fused jazz, gospel, R&B, and hip hop. Indeed, perhaps its greatest achievement was in bridging the divide between R&B and hip hop, a bridge, incidentally, that Jackson had been hoping to find since working on Bad.

Jackson listened carefully to the tapes Riley brought with him and instantly loved what he heard. The tracks used different chords than he was accustomed to. The rhythms were fresh and edgy. The beats swung with velocity and hit like sledgehammers.

Among several tracks Jackson listened to that day was the groove Riley worked on the night of the party. Jackson had no idea about the context. "He knew nothing about it," Riley says. "I never told him anything about it."

A couple of weeks later, however, Riley says he was shocked to learn Jackson's title for the track: "Blood on the Dance Floor." Riley got goose bumps. "It was like he prophesied that record. He felt its mood."

Over the subsequent months, Jackson and Riley began working feverishly on a variety of tracks, sometimes separately, sometimes together at Larabee Studios in Los Angeles. "I remember he came back with this melody, 'Blood on the dance floor, blood on the dance floor.' I was like, 'Wow!' He came up with these lyrics and harmonies. Then we just started building it up, layer by layer."

Riley used a vintage drum machine (the MPC 3000) for the beat. The snare was compressed to make it pop ("I want it dry and in your face," Jackson used to say). It was a sound they used throughout the Dangerous album. "Listen to 'Remember the Time,'" Riley says. "It's very similar."

Ultimately, however, "Blood on the Dance Floor" didn't end up making it onto Dangerous. "It wasn't quite finished," Riley says. "There were still some vocal parts missing. Michael loved the song, but he would listen to it and say, 'I like what you did here, but we still need this here.' He was a perfectionist."

teddy%20riley%20ap%20images.jpg

As the Dangerous sessions continued, other tracks began to take priority, including "Remember the Time" and "In the Closet." Jackson wouldn't resume work on "Blood" until nearly seven years later. It was now January of 1997. Jackson was in the midst of his HIStory World Tour, and had decided to visit Montreux, Switzerland during a break between the first and second leg (according to news reports, while there he also tried to purchase the home of his longtime idol, Charlie Chaplin).

Here, at Mountain Studio, Jackson went to work on the old demo. "We took Teddy's DAT (Digital Audio Tape) and worked it over with a four-man crew," recalls musician, Brad Buxer. The completed multi-track, engineered, and mixed by Mick Guzauski, was modeled very closely on the last version Jackson and Riley recorded.

"When I heard it finished, I wished I could've been the one to [complete it]," Riley says. "But Michael knows what he wants, and he was happy with it."

It was, in some ways, an unusual dance song. Like "Billie Jean," its subject matter was dark and disturbing (in this case, a narrative about being stabbed in the back in the place he least suspected--the dance floor). Jackson's clipped, raspy vocals evoke a sense of foreboding, as the electro-industrial canvas conjures a modern urban setting. Still, the song feels anything but bleak. The beat cracks out of the speakers like a whip and the hook is irresistible.

MORE ON MICHAEL JACKSON

Jackson told Riley he believed the song was going to be a "smash." "He explained it like this: A hit is a song that stays on the charts for a week or two. A smash is a song that stays up there for six weeks," Riley says. "He felt 'Blood on the Dance Floor' was a 'smash.'"
"Blood on the Dance Floor" was released on March 21, 1997. Strangely, the song wasn't even promoted as a single in the U.S. Riley says Jackson didn't mind in this case. "He figured people in America would find it if they really wanted it. He wasn't worried about it." Globally, however, the song thrived, reaching the Top Ten in 15 countries and hitting No. 1 in three (including the U.K.). It also proved ripe for remixes and received frequent play in clubs and dance routines. Left off Jackson's two major studio albums that decade, "Blood" ironically became one of Jackson's most durable rhythm tracks of the '90s.

Fifteen years later, what makes the song unique? I ask Riley. "It was just a direct, aggressive sound for Michael. He always pushed for something stronger. But what was really amazing was how he pre-meditated the energy of the song. He knew what it was about even before I told him what happened that night. I've never witnessed anything or anyone as powerful as Michael."

Source:

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...ood-on-the-dance-floor-15-years-later/254877/

On This Day - August 4, 1998

Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder make an unannounced visit to the Motown Museum in Detroit, USA. Berry Gordy's sister, Esther Gordy Edwards is on hand to show the superstars around.

549690_256236591159930_618273078_n.jpg

Michael even poses for a picture for Stevie Wonder.

547728_256242641159325_1871433705_n.jpg

Both Michael and Stevie along with Esther take time to wave to fans during their visit.

561224_256236511159938_1404313184_n.jpg

Source:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/micha...y/on-this-day-4th-august-1998/256235354493387

Bliss

34209_1299155811634_1612578389_705296_5502058_n.jpg

"Bliss"
written by Kathy Cook Payne

There was once an angel named Bliss.
Shiny, sparkly and Splendidly Bright!
Swirling stardust, flying beyond the stars,
spinning and dancing on the moon,
Singing in Heavenly Voice!
Delighting the whole Universe!

One Day Bliss cried out to God,
"Heavenly Father! The Earth is Dying!
There are lost children, orphaned and hungry
And dying of AIDS!!
Their cries are breaking my heart!!
Gangs are trying to kill one another!
There is hatred and bigotry
And wars between races and creeds!
You have blessed me with so many gifts,
Please let me fill their hearts with joy and laughter.
I know I can heal the world!"

But God said, "Many before have gone in my name
And the world has ignored them."

"But I will get their attention FIRST!" cried Bliss!

"Ah, the Spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak", said God,
"As a man of free will, you will know many temptations and
Limitations. You will no longer be Invincible. You will lose
Your ability to fly."

Bliss assured God, "I would gladly give it all up
To teach them that they are all a part of you and me
And each other!"

Then God held up a mirror and said, "You will lose
Your angelic countenance. No matter how hard you try,
You will never be able to recreate your
Heavenly radiance."

"Then I will teach them how to CHANGE!" said Bliss.

"You will learn that Fame is Dangerous.
Earthly possessions will tempt you.
You will know loneliness in the midst of a crowd.
You won't know who to trust.
People will want to profit from your gifts." God warned.

Bliss answered, "Then I will teach them to Share!"

"But," God said, "there are too many children for just
One person to make a difference."

"Then I will remind them all that they are the world
And they are to love one another." said Bliss.

"Dear Bliss," God sighed,"your heart is too big for a human body.
Human Nature can be so cruel!
You will know love and joy,
But also sorrow,
Trials and tribulations,
Doubts and frustrations,
Violence and turbulence,
Pain and anguish,
Ridicule and rejection,
Fatigue, sickness,
And even death."

"Then I will teach them to SMILE!" Beamed Bliss!

"The world will hurt you,and persecute you. Look what they did to my Son."

"Then like your Son, I will teach them to forgive."

"If you become a man," God asked, "what race would you prefer?"

Bliss answered, "It doesn't matter, I will make them see that
Skin color makes no difference. It's what's in your heart that counts."

"One last question, Bliss, If I send you to Earth,
Is there anything you would desire?"

"My only request, Heavenly Father, is to be born to a family that knows You
And loves You. Everything else will work itself out." Bliss bowed.

SO God Proclaimed!
"I will send you to a family at 2300 Jackson Street Gary, Indiana, USA
You will be Michael Joseph Jackson
Born to amuse, to Inspire and Delight!"

And as Bliss's spirit left heaven for Earth, God whispered in his ear,
"Remember...
You Are Not Alone, I AM Always in Your Heart!"

images

smm.jpg

Michael Jackson - I Love MJ and I.....

Painted my car/truck/bus/taxi: ( Courtesy of UK Loves MJ on Facebook)

310990_186817921386609_884946_n.jpg

320265_186822774719457_3991953_n.jpg

381080_256668371068230_1709358935_n.jpg

396184_258167907584943_612235349_n.jpg

395081_258171384251262_2003785176_n.jpg

311730_186827678052300_382213_n.jpg

539188_371688679566198_1218888333_n.jpg

405841_265897606811973_86585014_n.jpg

393968_265897653478635_67474911_n.jpg

395588_263269430408124_662002742_n.jpg

A Prayer

Michael%20Jackson.jpg

“My Father…When I open my mouth, may Your words be heard, Your song be sung, Your melody and harmony be expressed. When I move my body, may Your grace be felt, Your music be made visible. May Your joy and Your love flow through me and be felt in every heart with which I come in contact.”

…The One sighed deeply. With a fond embrace, He whispered, “You are my beloved son and in you I am well pleased. You’ve just given me an idea, a way for you to reach the most hearts and minds, a way for you to bring Me forth that humanity will be able to see and understand. You will be music in all its forms and expressions. Music will be your breath, your thought, your speech, your movement. It will be your deepest and most direct connection with Me.

…“Through music you will gain everyone’s attention. Through melody and rhythm you will teach and inspire. Through harmony you will bring peace to a conflicted world; you will cross territorial boundaries, racial boundaries, ideological boundaries and introduce unity into embattled hearts and minds. Through dance you will reflect the joy of your Father in you. The music of the spheres will be your constant companion, your obsession, your dream, your wakefulness, your delight. In it and through it, you will respond and enlighten.

…“We will give you a beautiful body whose every twitch will express Me. It will not be without its problems and it will dismay you at times, but it will be breathtaking in its rhythm and movements, its splendor and expressions, its sensitivity and its magnetism. We will give you a voice of ethereal beauty and grinding intensity and with it you will articulate My message. You will always be surrounded, enveloped, supported, comforted, and cradled in music, My Beloved, a biological, silicone-based tuning fork vibrating to the accompaniment of the universe. In this you will take unbridled joy.

…“You will never be out of touch with the music of the spheres in all its potency, emotion, and melodrama. It will move you always. In your solitudes and quietness, you will hear and interpret that melody. You will transcribe and translate, formulate and create, midwife and bring into being that which you hear in the stillness of your heart. Into the world of form and matter will you deliver the music, into the hearts and minds of those who hear and see the way the music uses you will you communicate Our messages of love and compassion. You will be a clear channel for My purpose and My meaning. In this you will always know that I am with you, that even in your darkest moments, I am there.”

michael-michael-jackson-31045582-350-505.jpg

world-music-awards-1996.jpg

~ Modified Excerpt from “Michael: A Short Story” written by Jan Cooper-Carlson
Newly published and available for purchase at the following link:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/jan-cooper-carlson/michael-a-short-story/paperback/product-20309774.html

Locations of the movie Moonwalker

Tonight I was watching the movie 'Into the Wild' ( awesome movie by the way) and at a certain point in that movie I saw a huge rock balancing on a much smaller rock, and it made me wonder where that location was exactly. You see, it reminded me of the location where Michael and the rabbit danced in the movie Moonwalker. However, looking at the pictures, it's nothing like what I remembered:

speeddemon_400x279.jpg

0.jpg

So I decided to google it, and this is what I found:

Moonwalker (1988)

Vehicle for Michael Jackson showcasing some of his best music videos, footage from the live 'Bad' tour, along with an extended video for 'Smooth Criminal' fantasy storyline, some of which was shot on Brownstone Street, Little Europe and in the New York Street area.
The movie begins with a history of Michael's work so far, followed by a chase sequence around a fictional movie studio. Although it is believed to have been shot at Culver Studios, it features a Universal tram.
Click on the linkhere to see the pictures

Links: IMDB entry

The Leave Me Alone and Speed Demon anthology segment were both filmed on location in Portland, Oregon and the remaining segments were filmed in LA:

Filming locations for
Moonwalker (1988) More at IMDbPro »

Brownstone Street, Backlot, Universal Studios - 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, California, USA

Culver Studios - 9336 W. Washington Blvd., Culver City, California, USA
(studio)

Los Angeles, California, USA

tz5h5.gif

You can see Portland just below Vancouver. Vancouver is located in Canada, Portland is located in Oregon.

brownstone1.jpg

Brownstone Street house the day after filming Mr Big's shootout (photo ...

vehicles1.jpg

sean+lennon.jpg

Sources:

http://www.fast-rewind.com/locations_moonwalker.htm

http://www.thestudiotour.com/ush/movies/moonwalker.shtml

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095655/locations

Last edited:
Michael Jackson - The Philadelphia Connection

michael-the_jacksons.jpg

gamble_huff_michael_jackson.jpg.pagespeed.ce.lR5nHSxMJG.jpg

Philadelphia International Records has just released this photo of Gamble and Huff signing the Jacksons in their Philadelphia office.
Left to Right: Tito Jackson, Randy Jackson, Michael Jackson, Marlon Jackson, Jackie Jackson. Seated L-R: Joe Jackson, Leon Huff, Kenneth Gamble.

0627jacks.jpg

Michael Jackson’s relationship to Philly dates back to over 40 years ago. Kenny Gamble and his partner, Leon Huff, produced and recorded “The Jacksons” and “Going Places” for Jackson. While recording at Philadelphia International Records, Gamble built a close friendship with Michael and taught him vocal secrets and strengths. According to a recent article on CBS-3 Philadelphia, Gamble said of Jackson, “He was a funny guy, always dancing, moving," Gamble said. "We’d be standing here in conversation, and he would just do a spin – out of nowhere.”

The legendary producers,Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff, filmed interviews they carried out with Jackson and his brothers while recording the Jackson 5's first post-Motown albums, The Jacksons and Going Places, in the mid-1970s, and now they're releasing the unseen footage on their website.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YW9cIvgFcTI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The short film features an interview with the Jacksons, which took place a day after they met their hero Muhammad Ali.
And there's a very sweet moment as Michael starts interviewing house producer Dexter Wansel’s two-year-old son on camera, asking, "Is that your daddy? Is that your Daddy right there? Let me see you dance. Can you dance? You can’t dance? Can you sing? He can’t dance, Dex?"`
The film footage has brought back wonderful memories for Gamble & Huff.

A joint statement from them reads, "Michael was a great and wonderful artist and performer. We were privileged and honored to record him and his brothers here at Philadelphia International Records... We know his music and legacy will live on for a very long time."

jacksonbrothers.jpg

1984 - The Jacksons performs Victory tour at JFK Stadium in Philadelphia [Pennsylvania, USA] attending 60,000 fans.

MJ.jpg

giantmjcard.jpg

Becky Clawson took this picture with her camera phone on July 1, 2009. There are a ton of people outside of Philadelphia International Records signing a gigantic card for Michael Jackson.

0626092351+(1+of+1).jpg

Outside a bar, near Philadelphia International Records, in Philly.

022110_fire_400.jpg

Unfortunately, the legendary building of Philadelphia International Records on Broad Street was damaged in a fire in February,2010.

Sources:

http://www.aroundphilly.com/blog/2009/06/29/philly-remembers-michael-jackson/

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/mo...ge-unearthed-by-hitmakers-gamble-huff_1120660

http://fiftyonefiftyone.com/2009/07...ribute-at-philadelphia-international-records/

http://mrefrem615.livejournal.com/20683.html

http://mjjtime.blogspot.nl/2010/09/today-in-mjj-history_28.html

Summer-Song Rhapsody for Michael Jackson: Editorial with Poem

August 19, 2012
By: Aberjhani

306150_1256393943935_416_300.jpg

Assistant programmer "Lady Grace" at Savannah State University&#8217;s WHCJ radio station (90.3 FM) pointed out during one of her shows at the beginning of June that June and August represented the station&#8217;s &#8220;Michael Jackson time.&#8221; By that, she meant listeners could expect to hear during these months an occasional extended broadcast of music by the late enduringly great Mr. Jackson.

She then launched into an uninterrupted set that lasted for longer than I could stay tuned in to listen. The music spanned every period of the creative genius&#8217;s exceptionally prolific career and included a variety of samples from innovative mixes by diverse musicians and producers.

In contrast: I recalled a fellow author informing me that she was &#8220;burned out&#8221; on Michael Jackson and didn&#8217;t see the point of different people&#8217;s continued expressed devotion to him or his work. I understood and respected what she said. Yet at the same time it seemed clear enough there was&#8211;&#8211;and is&#8211;&#8211;something more than blind fanaticism that drives individuals to continuously visit websites like Seven&#8217;s MJJ-777, devour books such as the Official Michael Jackson Opus, look forward to annual celebrations of his birthday in Brooklyn (and elsewhere), and feverishly anticipate the release of both the 25th Anniversary Edition of Bad and director Spike Lee&#8217;s documentary on the making of the album.

It did not take long to figure out what my esteemed friend was overlooking.

A Part of the Antidote

The recent massacre in Aurora, Colorado, at the Dark Knight Rises screening, the nonstop bloodbath in Syria, the killings at the Sikh Temple in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, and starvation in Ethiopia as well as here in the United States are among the kind of phantasmagoric atrocities that have made human existence in 2012 a very unsettling venture. In one sense, such things have always been a part of life. In another, our experience of them is more intense than ever before because of the constant bombardment of information about them. Although himself frequently a target of guerrilla decontextualization, a major part of the meaning of Michael Jackson&#8217;s life was to help balance the accumulation of horrors with something closer to love in its most empowering and healing sense.

His presence in the world was a powerful ingredient within the overall antidote to the mega-tons of despair that can weigh human souls so far down that for millions (if not billions) life on earth feels more and more like death in hell. His voice remains part of the antidote. That&#8217;s antidote as in: anti-hatred, anti-war, anti-ignorance, anti-abuse, anti-oppression, anti-prejudice, anti-bigotry, anti-fear.

Poem for an Olympian

And just to be clear, to speak of Jackson&#8217;s voice is to speak of more than the acoustic timbre that radiated like vibrating sunlight from his lungs and heart and throat. It is to acknowledge that quality of genius for giving, living, serving, teaching, loving, exemplifying simplicity, and creating&#8211;&#8211; that comprised the essence of everything he strived to become.

For millions, the devotion to MJ is less about dedication to the singer per se than it is to the principles which he battled so admirably to embody: generosity of spirit, perseverance, aesthetic beauty, and artistic excellence. If musical entertainment and philanthropy were sports, Jackson would have been an Olympian decorated many times over.

Summer-Song Rhapsody for Michael Jackson
(Aug 29, 1958 - June 25, 2009)

Summertime opened like a myth spun from gold,
delivering your talent through ages of classic genius
to plant the seeds and nourish the beauty
of all the bright wonders that would color your dance.

Is any path so demanding as that of living a miracle?

Like a cosmic gymnast on a beam of uncommon grace,
or a swimmer slicing through waves of childhood tears--
you transformed fortitude into Olympian triumph.
Hid your hard-won treasures inside the hearts of all who loved you.

The more sincere the soul, the heavier the cross endured.

Your voice strung notes like pearls of sky-blue hope
around the trembling throat of humanity&#8217;s crimson agony.
Upon the heads of those abused and disinherited
your song placed crowns of inspired revelation.

There is no faith so perilous as faith in love.

Summertime blossomed fields of rose-scented dreams&#8211;&#8211;
and death amplified your sudden absence with new life&#8230;
to plant the seeds and nourish the beauty
of all the bright wonders that colored your dance.

by Aberjhani, founder of Creative Thinkers International
co-author of Encyclopedia of the Harlem Renaissance
and ELEMENTAL The Power of Illuminated Love

Source:

http://www.examiner.com/article/sum...id=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Last edited:
Michael and Bruce

Michael+and+Bruce.png

The word had spread. The people waited. Rock's reigning monarch and the Boss—Michael Jackson and Bruce Springsteen—were about to meet for the first time, and 25 members and guests of the Jackson entourage had wedged into the reception room of Jackson's suite in Philadelphia to gawk. It felt like history.

Springsteen, 35, entered first, wearing boots, faded jeans, a short-sleeved shirt rolled up to free his biceps, stubble on his chin and a red kerchief knotted around his neck, as if his body needed a tourniquet to cut off all that energy on nonworking days. Then came Jackson, 26, fresh from a postconcert shower. He wore a pink button-down shirt over a white T-shirt, dusty rose pants so long they accordioned at the bottom and blue slippers with his initials stitched in gold. He seemed like a friendly, rich little schoolboy curious to know something about the world of a working man.

A space cleared around them, and both remained standing.

"Hi," said Jackson, extending his hand. "I just read a story about you in PEOPLE magazine. It was very good."

"Oh, thanks," grinned Springsteen. "I really enjoyed seeing your show tonight."

"I hear you play long concerts. How long do you go?"

"Oh, about three hours."

"How do you do it? Do you take a break?"

"Yeah, about a half hour. It works out pretty good, I guess."

A camera clicked, eyes strained, ears tilted. Jackson's eyes flitted about the room, never pausing long enough to see. He seemed anxious to think of another question, the way he seemed anxious onstage at the end of a song to sing another song. Springsteen sucked on an ice cube.

"Did you write that song Fire [sung by the Pointer Sisters]?" Jackson asked.

"Yeah, that was a quick one. Only took me about 10 minutes. But I don't write when I'm on the road. Can you?"

"No," said Jackson. "There's too much going on."
His hands fidgeted for a home, folding in front of him, then connecting behind him, then looping over the unused belt loops of his pants. A reggae song came on the television nearby, and he started a dance step, then stopped himself.

Michael+and+Bruce+2.jpg

Couldn't he simply ask Springsteen back into his empty bedroom so they could talk like two normal human beings, maybe discover that they both loved watching reruns of The Honeymooners? Or was the anxiety of intimacy perhaps greater for him than the anxiety of holding center stage?

During the lull Michael seemed to be looking for a prop. "My secretary, Shari, wants you for Christmas," he said, putting his arm around her waist and pulling her between them.

"What's wrong with Thanksgiving?" laughed Springsteen, as the three posed for Jackson's personal photographer.

"Do you talk to people during your concerts?" Jackson asked. "I read that you do."

"Yeah, I tell stories. People like that, I've learned. They like to hear your voice do something besides singing. They go wild when you just...talk."

"Oh, I could never do that. It feels like people are learning something about you they shouldn't know."

"I kinda know what you mean—the songs are a protection. But I remember once I played for a Vietnam veterans' benefit and I had to go onstage to introduce this guy who was a president or something, and I didn't have my guitar. Man, I was shaking. I realized it was the first time in 15 years I'd been onstage without it, and I've never been so nervous in my life."

Jackson's voice grew softer, so no one could hear. "Do you like talking in front of all these people? It feels kind of strange."

"Yeah, it is strange, isn't it?"

Jackson took a deep breath, then took a small step toward the door. Springsteen's boots remained planted. He broke the pause. "How long did you rehearse for this tour?" he asked.

"Oh, one or two months."

"There's so many cues in that show."

"Yes, there is a lot of technology.... We'll finish up in December. Then we're going to do a movie."

"Yeah, I heard about that—with Steven Spielberg?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I just spoke on the phone with him today," Jackson said. "It's not certain just what the movie will be yet, but it will be with him."

Pause. Jackson's hands rapped the rhythm of the reggae song on his thighs, his eyes hopping like sparrows.

"I read you go right to sleep after you perform. You can't really do that, can you?" Jackson asked.

"No, I feel good after a concert, because I feel like I've worked hard. I stay up till about 4. What do you do?"

"I watch TV or read," said Jackson. "I can't go to sleep."

"Don't you ever go out?" Springsteen asked.

"I can't. Too many people would bother me.... How did you decide to let PEOPLE magazine do that story on you?"

"I just rolled the dice," said Springsteen, blowing on his fist and tossing imaginary dice.

"Oh," said Jackson, shaking his head. "I could never trust anyone enough to do that."

He took another fleeting scan of the room, his bank of questions emptied. "Well, I think I'm gonna slide on out now," he said quietly. "It was real nice meeting you." He thrust out his hand quickly and walked through the door to another part of the suite.

Springsteen lingered for a moment. A little earlier he had seen Jackson do things for more than an hour and a half onstage that appeared almost effortless. But this was something Springsteen seemed more familiar with, 15 minutes of a human being struggling.

"You know," he said, spitting an ice cube back into his cup, "he's just a real nice guy."

Original article by Gary Smith (People Magazine, 1984) can be found at: http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20196997,00.html

Source:

http://enolalee.blogspot.nl/2012/07/michael-and-bruce.html

Michael in Disguise

Disguise-michael-jackson-31369583-604-391.jpg

Together with Bill Bray in some kind of amusement park

531041_341225432635597_673742933_n.jpg

Disguise-michael-jackson-31369610-229-310.jpg

Hmmm, he looks strangely familiar!

Disguise-michael-jackson-31369586-492-427.jpg

Disguise-michael-jackson-31369587-400-205.jpg

With Lionel Richie

Disguise-michael-jackson-31369601-179-372.jpg

Different shoes, that makes this a good disguise, lol!

09-7-09-image-1-49475847.jpg

With actress Tatum O'Neal

MJ-Ghosts-Disguise-Karen-Faye-michael-jackson-10710294-601-604-6f6d5.jpg

More a transformation than a disguise. Michael as the mayor in Ghosts.

Michael Jackson - His Light Shone From Within

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnWIz1-Y_nw

Light Is

Light is the breaking of dawn
Light is the load when you are just born
Light is a place without any fear
Light is when your lover is near
Light is a heart that's open and free
Light is a place where truth you can see
Light is a feeling that's good
Light is when everything's clear, understood
Light is the absence of dark
Light is a summer picnic in a beautiful park
Light is just simply walking on air
Light is what makes the shine in her hair
Light is what warms and what feeds
Light is not having any more needs
Light is a magical feeling inside
Light is the side of the street to reside
Light is always and always will be
Light is what joins us, him, you and me
Light Is.

by David Taylor

Remembering Michael Jackson on his 54th birthday

4773008.jpg

In this undated file photo, the Jackson 5, Michael Jackson, front right, Marlon Jackson, front left, Tito Jackson, back left, Jackie Jackson and Jermaine, back right, are shown in Los Angeles. (AP Photo, file)

4772973.jpg

In this Thursday, Sept. 8, 1994 file picture, Michael Jackson kisses his wife Lisa Marie Presley during the 11th Annual MTV Music Awards at New York's Radio City Music Hall.

4773033.jpg

In this Saturday, April 20, 2002 file picture, Michael Jackson performs "Dangerous" during the taping of the American Bandstand's 50th anniversary show in Pasadena, Calif.

4772918.jpg

In this Thursday, Sept. 8, 1994 file picture, Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley-Jackson acknowledge applause from the audience after coming out onstage to open the 11th Annual MTV Video Music Awards at New York's Radio City Music Hall.

4772963.jpg

Pop artist Michael Jackson, center, is shown onstage at opening night of his Victory Tour at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles. Date: Dec 1, 1984

4772913.jpg

The Jackson 5, from left, Tito, Marlon, Michael, Jackie and Jermaine perform during the "Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour" in Los Angeles. ( date: Sep 15, 1972)

4772938.jpg

Michael Jackson performs during the halftime show at the Super Bowl XXVII in Pasadena, Calif. (Date: Jan 31, 1993)

4772908.jpg

pop star Michael Jackson, right, poses by his wax figure at the Grevin Wax Museum in Paris. (Date: April 19,1997)

4773028.jpg

Michael Jackson thanks the audience during the Radio Music Awards at the Aladdin Hotel in Las Vegas. (Date: Oct 27, 2003)

4773018.jpg

pop singer Michael Jackson points as he arrives at the Bambi entertainment lifetime achievement award ceremony in the Estrel Hotel in Berlin. (Date: Nov 21, 2002)

4772993.jpg

Michael Jackson, left, performs with James Brown during the BET Awards in Los Angeles. Jackson later presented Brown with a lifetime achievement award. (Date: June 24, 2003)

4773013.jpg

Michael Jackson, right, and Diana Ross hold their American Music Awards in Los Angeles. Jackson won for favorite soul album and Ross won for favorite female soul vocalist. (Date: Jan 30,1981)

4772928.jpg

pop singer Michael Jackson performs during his "Dangerous" concert in National Stadium, Singapore. (Date: Aug 29, 1993)

4772948.jpg

actress Elizabeth Taylor arrives with pop singer Michael Jackson at the Pantages Theater in the Hollywood area of Los Angeles for a birthday celebration for Taylor. (Date: Feb 16, 1998)

4773003.jpg

Michael Jackson holds his awards as he stands with Quincy Jones at the Grammy Awards at Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles.
(Date: Feb 28, 1984)

4772953.jpg

Pop singer Michael Jackson, right, holds his award while posing with actress Elizabeth Taylor at the 20th American Music Awards held at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. (Date: Jan 25, 1993)

4772933.jpg

4772923.jpg

4772983.jpg

4772978.jpg

Source:

http://savannahnow.com/slideshows/slideshows/remembering-michael-jackson#slide-1

One Year Later - Remembering Michael (by Howard Bloom)

Guest Blogger Howard Bloom began his legendary career in music public relations when he co-founded The Howard Bloom Organization Ltd in 1976, and helped build or sustain the careers of Michael Jackson, Prince, Bob Marley, Queen, Billy Joel, John Cougar Mellencamp, Simon & Garfunkel, Bette Midler, Joan Jett, AC/DC, Talking Heads, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, and roughly 100 other stars of the 1970s and 1980s. Here he shares some of his personal reflections on the passing of his client, Michael Jackson, and takes us past all the noise to a quieter place.

On the night of June 25th, when I was on my nightly mile-long 1 am walk that loops me up to Prospect Park then takes me back to my brownstone, I passed a pair of 18 year olds sitting on a stoop at this lonely hour when the streets and sidewalks are usually utterly devoid of human beings. The guy had long dark black curly hair and the girl had a short, blond haircut and was wearing shorts. The male said something to me as I passed. I walked back, took off my headphones, and asked him to repeat it. He said, &#8220;Michael Jackson is dead.&#8221;

I asked him why he said that to me. I wondered if he knew me from the Tea Lounge on Union Street, where I do my writing, or from the streets and if he knew my Michael Jackson connection. No, he didn&#8217;t. He was telling it to everyone. He wanted no one to ignore it.

He was particularly emphatic about making sure that no one over the age of 30 pass it by or dismiss it. Michael Jackson&#8217;s death, he felt, was a loss to all of us whether we realized it or not.

mj_victory-tour-217x300.jpg

How did I get involved with Michael and his brothers?

It was Spring of 1983 and the Jacksons were getting together to go on the road for their Victory Tour. They were getting the whole family together for this tour, including their dad, who had originally managed the rise of the Jackson Five to the top. Their manager for the Victory Tour called me over and over again for four months, asking me to work with the Jacksons. I kept saying no. At this point I&#8217;d helped Amnesty International establish itself in North America, had worked with Simon and Garfunkel when they&#8217;d reunited for an audience of half a million in a free concert in Central Park, then when they&#8217;d gone out on tour, and I had done Queen&#8217;s massive tour of 110,000 seat soccer stadiums in South America.

But I liked to do crusades&#8211;to fight for truths others didn&#8217;t see. The Jackson&#8217;s tour didn&#8217;t feel like a challenge. It already had it made. Michael had just sold 36 million copies of just one album&#8211;Thriller. That&#8217;s nearly three times as many as the previous record holder, Peter Frampton. I didn&#8217;t feel The Jacksons needed me. So I continued to turn them down. But I felt that if you&#8217;re going to say no to someone, at least you should have the courage to say it to their face. So when the Jacksons came into New York and asked me to meet with them at the Helmsley Palace hotel, I had to do it. Even though the meeting was at midnight on a Saturday night, and I worked from 9 am until I dropped during the weekends.

The minute I walked into the suite the Jacksons had set up for meetings, two things were obvious. One &#8230; from the body language of these brothers you could tell that The Jacksons were some of the most honest, ethical, open people you would ever meet. Two: They were in very big trouble. They didn&#8217;t know what it was. I didn&#8217;t know what it was. But what I did know was this: here was a challenge. There was a wrong to be righted. An invisible wrong. A wrong all of us could feel but none of us could name. I had to say yes.

My first meeting with Michael didn&#8217;t come until four months later. I was with Michael&#8217;s brothers at Marlon&#8217;s pool house in Encino&#8211;a tiny two-story building with one room per floor in the back yard next to Marlon&#8217;s pool. By then I&#8217;d done my homework. I&#8217;d read thousands of articles on Michael. I&#8217;d compiled a dossier on the Jackson&#8217;s lives. One thing all the articles agreed on was this: Michael was not a normal human being. The articles called him a bubble baby, described him as a person who would shrink from your touch.

But the fact is that neither Michael nor I had been raised in a conventionally normal childhood; neither of us had been raised among other kids. So I didn&#8217;t know the common rituals of normal life. I had to teach myself by watching other people as if they were specimens and I was a visitor from Mars. One of the rituals I&#8217;d seen was the handshake between strangers. You know, you see someone you&#8217;ve never met before but who others want you to meet. You walk up to him or her, you stick out your hand, and you say, &#8220;Hello, my name is ______.&#8221; This was a ritual I&#8217;d almost never used. But when Michael opened the pool house&#8217;s screen door, I walked up to him stuck out my hand and said &#8220;Hi I&#8217;m Howard.&#8221;

I knew what would happen. The articles had explained it. Michael would recoil from my touch. But that&#8217;s not what occurred. Michael put out his hand, shook mine, and replied &#8220;Hi I&#8217;m Michael.&#8221; It was as normal and as natural as could be. The media stories were false. But thousands of press people had parroted them as truths. Something strange was happening in Michael&#8217;s noosphere&#8211;in the sphere of press perception we are handed as reality. Eventually those mistakes would kill him. But that&#8217;s a story for another time.

A few minutes later Michael and I climbed the cramped stairs to the tiny room upstairs where Marlon kept his recording equipment. I&#8217;d written a press release and I wanted Michael&#8217;s approval. We found places to sit on the stacks of amps and keyboards. I read the press release out loud. And as I did, Michael&#8217;s body softened. &#8220;That&#8217;s beautiful,&#8221; he said when I was finished, &#8220;Did you write that?&#8221; The fact was, I had. And the fact was that writing press releases was not just a hack job for me, it was an art. I&#8217;d edited a literary magazine that had won two National Academy of Poets prizes. And in the decades since, the Washington Post has called the writing in my books &#8220;beautiful.&#8221; But no one else had ever seen the art hidden in the craft and the creativity hidden in the ordinary. Michael apparently had.

Jacksons-victory.jpg

Album Cover

Once Michael had approved of the press release, we went back downstairs to the small single room on the first floor. Against the walls and lining the room were arcade videogame machines, machines only amusement arcades could afford in those days. And in the center of the room, hogging up most of the space, was a billiard table. The Jacksons were scheduled to have a meeting with an art director from CBS so the group could decide on the Victory Tour album cover. They wanted me to be in on it.

When the art director arrived, she bore the portfolios of five artists, portfolios she stacked at one end of the pool table&#8217;s green felt playing surface. These were not just the black vinyl portfolios most commercial artists use to display their work. Every one of these was a custom-made presentation case made of hand-tooled leather or rich cherry wood. And every one was from a legendary artist, an artist at the very top of his field.

We were all bunched together on the opposite side of the pool table from the art director. Michael was in the center. I stood next to him on his left. And the brothers were crowded around us on either side. The CBS art director slid the first of the portfolios toward Michael. He opened the first page, slowly &#8230; just enough to see perhaps an inch of the image. As he took in the artwork his knees began to buckle, his elbows bent, and all he could say was &#8220;oooohhhhh.&#8221; A soft, orgasmic &#8220;ooooh.&#8221; In that one syllable and in his body language, you could feel what he was seeing.

Do you know the poem by William Blake &#8211;

To see a World in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And Eternity in an hour . . .

The intense ambition of that poem, the intense desire for wonder, was alive in Michael. More alive than anything of the sort I&#8217;d ever seen. Michael saw the infinite in an inch. As Michael opened the page further, inch by inch, his knees and elbows bent even more and his &#8221;ooohs,&#8221; his sounds of aesthetic orgasm, grew even more intense. Standing elbow to elbow and shoulder to shoulder with him, you could feel him discovering things in the brush and inkstrokes that even the artist never saw. By the time he&#8217;d opened the full page his body and voice expressed an ecstasy. An aesthetic epiphany. I&#8217;d never encountered anything like it. Michael felt the beauty of the page with every cell of his being.

I&#8217;ve worked with Prince, Bob Marley, Peter Gabriel, Billy Joel, and Bette Midler, some of the most talented people of our generation, and not one of them had the quality of wonder that came alive in Michael. He saw the wonder in everything. His quality of wonder was beyond anything most of us humans can conceive.

Look, above all other things I&#8217;m a scientist. Science is my religion. It&#8217;s been my religion since I was ten years old. The first two rules of science are 1) the truth at any price including the price of your life; and 2) Look at the things right under your nose as if you&#8217;ve never seen them before and then proceed from there. And that&#8217;s not just a rule of science. It&#8217;s a rule of art. And it&#8217;s a rule of life. Very few people know it. Even fewer people live it. But Michael was it, he incarnated it in every follicle of his being. Michael was the closest I&#8217;ve ever come to a secular angel. A secular saint.

Look, I&#8217;m an atheist, but Michael was not. He believed he was given a gift by God. He believed he was given talents and wonders and astonishments seldom granted to us very fragile human beings. Because God had given him this enormous gift, he felt he owed the experience of wonder, astonishment, awe, and Blake&#8217;s infinities to his fellow human beings. But unlike other generous humans&#8211;Bill and Melinda Gates, for example&#8211;with Michael giving to others was not just a part-time thing. The need to give to others was alive in every breath he took every single day.

Michael Jackson&#8217;s entire life was receiving and giving and the whole purpose of receiving was so he could give. He worked with every cell in his body to give the gift of that amazement, that astonishment to his fellow human beings. Needing the adulation of crowds WAS Michael&#8217;s connection to others, his most profound connection, far more profound than family and friends (though those are indispensable), and far more healing. That act of giving keeps an iconic person, a person who never knows normalness, alive.

I&#8217;d love to tell you the stories of how Michael made these things clear. But, again, those tales will have to wait for another day.

It seems strange to say this, but Michael will always be a part of me. No other superstar I worked with wound himself into the threads at my core the way he did. Michael opened a window to a quality of wonder unlike anything I&#8217;d ever been exposed to in my life. For that gift, I felt I owed him. I felt we all owed him. And we still do. We owe him an honest view of who he was. We will owe him that until we finally sweep away the crap of sensationalist headlines and clearly see why those who love him know more about him than any expert or journalist who claims to have probed his life. Those journalists and experts do not know Michael Jackson. But if you love him, there&#8217;s a good chance that you do.

Source:

http://thehappiestmedium.com/2010/06/one-year-later-remembering-michael-by-howard-bloom/

Last edited:
Notes for an Elegy in the Key of Michael (I)

80242.jpg

This world we live in is the dance of the Creator.
Dancers come and go in the twinkling of an eye but the dance lives on."
--Michael Jackson, The Dance

The black star zooms gold.
Wings of white flame torch his throat.
His voice has arrived.

A nest of brothers
and sisters...mother...father
cradle your dream's tears.

First comes time, then change--
kissed into a sweet stupor
by lips of glazed song.

This magic is love
that spins your style platinum
and your soul brilliant.

A horn of plenty
spills from your hands into the
starved lives of millions.

Thus shines your genius,
and nations' hearts sing loud in
the key of Michael.

Like bright gleaming spells
lighting Saturn's fabled rings
you flashed classic moves.

Xenophobia--
you banished with a moonwalk...
danced hate into joy.

Tears freed your rhythm
and showered the earth's dry tongue
with dazzling sweetness.

Who can say goodbye
to the muse of an era
born to outshine stars...

by Aberjhani
© Aug 2009

images

Source:

http://redroom.com/member/aberjhani/blog/notes-for-an-elegy-in-the-key-of-michael-i

On this day - 4th September1999

304940_395387510516348_929095145_n.jpg

Michael receives a Lifetime Achievement Award from ex-president Nelson Mandela at the 4th Kora All African Music Awards held at Sun City in South Africa.

During the show Michael hands over a cheque for one million South African rand to Nelson Mandela for the Nelson Mandela Children's Fund. The money was raised at the Michael Jackson And His Friends concerts from June 25, 1999 in Seoul, South Korea, and June 27, 1999 in Munich, Germany.

Watch Michael receive his award and present Nelson Mandela with a cheque for his 'Nelson Mandela Children's Fund' here

The former President declared the following on the donation:

The trustees of the Children's Foundation and myself would like to express our deepest appreciation to our friend, Michael Jackson. He is a supporter of worthy causes and I'm happy that the foundation is tonight one of his beneficiaries.............And the contribution of Michael Jackson, I hope, will inspire people not only in our country, but throughout the world, to follow his example and to bring a measure of happiness to our children...........

Source:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/micha...on-this-day-4th-september1999/266775903439332

Caring Michael ~ In June 2002, Michael escorts an elderly lady away from crushing crowds and asks if she would like a lift home. Michael remembers a humanitarian lesson ~

Michael Jackson: Old people and children are very much alike. They are carefree and play-free and simple and sweet. It is just a spiritual feeling. I don&#8217;t visit old people&#8217;s homes as much as I have the orphanages. A lot of them get Alzheimer&#8217;s and they don&#8217;t recognize. But I have a great relationship with
older people. I love talking to older people and they can tell you stories about when they were kids and how the world was in those days and I love that. There was an old Jewish man in New York a long time ago who said to me, &#8220;Always be thankful for your talent and always give to the poor people. Help other people. When I was a little boy my father said to me, &#8216;We are going to take these clothes and these pieces of bread and we are going to wrap them up and you run down the street and up the stairs and knock on the people&#8217;s door and place it in font of the door and run!&#8217; I said, &#8216;Why did you tell us to run?&#8217; He said ,&#8221;Because when they open the door I don&#8217;t want them to feel the shame. They have pride. That is real charity.&#8221; I have never forgotten that (story of the old man). That&#8217;s sweet, isn&#8217;t it? And he did that as a little boy all the time.

Schmuley Boteach: So have you tried to do charitable acts that no one knows about?

Michael Jackson: Yes, without waving the flag. He (the man Michael quotes above) is saying real charity is giving from the heart without taking credit, and when he ran they didn&#8217;t know who had left it. It was like God had dropped it there, you know? It was so beautiful. I never forgot that story. I was around eleven when I was told that.

561478_382660375135695_1291856556_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back