NEW | Michael Jackson Memoir: The Lost Tapes

That's a shame I was really enjoy this series and I was interested to see how much was left.

If the Estate has blocked this I can't understand it, I mean you have Michael speaking for himself in a positive light. They should release more material like this if anything
Look at thriller 40. They are gatekeepers & the limit tf out of mj for some reason

That's a shame I was really enjoy this series and I was interested to see how much was left.

If the Estate has blocked this I can't understand it, I mean you have Michael speaking for himself in a positive light. They should release more material like this if anything
because The Estate doesn't have the material. They're scrapping whatever mumble and humming songs they have to create projects while his collaborators and collectors are sitting on gold mines.

From the beginning, Estate should've had meetings with everyone from Quincy to Bruce [Swedien] to John [Barnes] to Rod to Matt to Michael [Prince] to John [Landis] to Stan [Winston] to Brad [Sundberg and Buxer] and said "look, we're here to preserve Michaels legacy and you all helped him achieve success. What can we do to get you all on board with providing fans the best enjoyment in music and film?" Had they settled their differences, I strongly believe we would've been getting the ultimate fan experience by now

From the beginning, Estate should've had meetings with everyone from Quincy to Bruce [Swedien] to John [Barnes] to Rod to Matt to Michael [Prince] to John [Landis] to Stan [Winston] to Brad [Sundberg and Buxer] and said "look, we're here to preserve Michaels legacy and you all helped him achieve success. What can we do to get you all on board with providing fans the best enjoyment in music and film?"
While this sounds nice on paper. This would've been impossible from the jump. You forget Paul Anka. Paul McCartney. Steve Porcaro and Bill Botrell. And Will.I Am, RedOne, and Teddy, and Rodney. All of whom had varying opinions and feelings on the "preservation of Michael's legacy".

While this sounds nice on paper. This would've been impossible from the jump. You forget Paul Anka. Paul McCartney. Steve Porcaro and Bill Botrell. And Will.I Am, RedOne, and Teddy, and Rodney. All of whom had varying opinions and feelings on the "preservation of Michael's legacy".
then that's when the Estate has to adjust and find a balance. Of course everyone isn't going to agree on the same terms but there is a middle ground that can most often be met.

then that's when the Estate has to adjust and find a balance. Of course everyone isn't going to agree on the same terms but there is a middle ground that can most often be met.
But we don't know for sure that they didn't attempt it and that this isn't the result of that. Plus you had the Jackson's inviting controversy from the beginning, taking things out of MJs house, contesting the will. It was such an emotionally volatile time.

But we don't know for sure that they didn't attempt it and that this isn't the result of that. Plus you had the Jackson's inviting controversy from the beginning, taking things out of MJs house, contesting the will. It was such an emotionally volatile time.

I think it would have worked better if there were some time constraints, like if they said after MJ's passing 'we are first doing an album with demo's and rarities and a documentary from the Off The Wall era' and next year we'll do the same for the Thriller era, than producers and collecters maybe had felt more pressure to deal with the Estate since this would have been a one time chance to sell work at a high momentum

There were issues with Landis, Rod and Quincy for sure that should've been ironed out at the beginning. John Barnes said the Estate never attempted to contact him and that if they did, he was willing to participate. Instead the Estate kept beating around the bush.

Back