"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

that's how his childhood should be in the biopic
When Jackson received his Living Legend award—presented to him by Janet Jackson—at the 1993 Grammys, he said, "I don't read all the things written about me, I wasn't aware the world thought I was so weird and bizarre. But when you grow up like I did in front of 100 million people since the age of five, you're automatically different...My childhood was completely taken away from me. There was no Christmas, no birthdays. It was not a normal childhood, no normal pleasures of childhood. Those were exchanged for hard work, struggle and pain, and eventual material and professional success".[10]

I have a question - given that the movie will likely cover 2009 as well... do you think it would an interesting idea to include some characters who would be played by the real people in Michael's life who are still around today rather than by actors playing them? Sure they are slightly older now, but 15 years of difference could be dealt with I guess. Who would be a potential candidate for this? Katherine? Macualy? Tucker?
It could make some interesting cameos at the end of the movie.

The thing is with films of this nature if there are two characters similar, it's easier to combine them, then your story isn't bogged down by too many names and characters.

Not saying they've done that with Frank specifically but don't surprised if they do that in places. It's a film not a documentary ultimately

The thing is with films of this nature if there are two characters similar, it's easier to combine them, then your story isn't bogged down by too many names and characters.

Not saying they've done that with Frank specifically but don't surprised if they do that in places. It's a film not a documentary ultimately
I'd fully expect this to be done, yeah.

Exactly so. They could easily combine 2 or more of Michael's managers and possibly even give the character in the film a fictitious name. And that's fine. It's not disrespectful. It's just film-making.

Exactly so. They could easily combine 2 or more of Michael's managers and possibly even give the character in the film a fictitious name. And that's fine. It's not disrespectful. It's just film-making.
I'm not sure I like this idea of not being loyal to what really happened. It would just give critics more fuel to dissect the movie.
Imagine if they only include one "boy" and naming him neither Jordie nor Gavin. Would that be acceptable?

I'm not sure I like this idea of not being loyal to what really happened. It would just give critics more fuel to dissect the movie.
Imagine if they only include one "boy" and naming him neither Jordie nor Gavin. Would that be acceptable?
well that is their names....

Combining two or more of Michael's managers - to use an easy example - isn't being disloyal to the story, though. At least, I don't think so. It's just taking a bit of dramatic licence in order to make the story easy to tell. Michael's life was so crowded with so many people, they have to try to simplify it somehow.

I'm just guessing, here. I'm not a scriptwriter but I know this is the sort of thing that happens with biopics. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. For myself, I don't mind if Frank is not specifically named. And I don't think critics are going to care if a character based on Frank is given a different name. They have plenty of other stuff they are going to zoom in on.

Tbh, I'd expect them to give that character a fictitious name. I don't know the legal implications of naming an actual individual. I'm not even talking about the terms of the '94 payment. I just mean, in general I don't know what the legal situation would be if they named JC or GA. I don't even know if they need to name a real person at all in order to tell the story.

Sorry! My bad.

I don't know for sure but I think the guy might be working on the soundtrack album. Iirc, there was some speculation about it over on the biopic soundtrack thread. Over here I remember this John Branca IG being posted last year - which doesn't tell us much. I'm assuming John Branca wouldn't post something on his official social media if the meeting didn't result in DJ Khaled agreeing to work on the project. But I don't know how the entertainment business works. People have meetings, I guess sometimes things don't work out. All the focus right now is on the film itself so I guess any news about a soundtrack album is not their priority, especially as they haven't finished with announcements about the cast.
Ooh I remember this now that you mention it. Makes sense. We'll see. But yeah, things don't always work out, but the meeting is interesting.

Tbh, I'd expect them to give that character a fictitious name. I don't know the legal implications of naming an actual individual. I'm not even talking about the terms of the '94 payment. I just mean, in general I don't know what the legal situation would be if they named JC or GA. I don't even know if they need to name a real person at all in order to tell the story.
I can understand the reluctance to name Jordan, but Michael never signed anything with Gavin. He fought and he won. Gavin deserves to be named with a ful name. I would settle with his first name though.

People should stop complaining on internet when they have no facts about it. First the Siedah complainig with false information now the daughter of Dileo

RVDKzxT.jpeg

Back