Dangerous Era

Dangerous-Tour-Gold-Leotard-dangerous-era-12798039-1000-1461-701x1024.jpg

RIP Mick Hutson, photographer. Died 1 June 2023.

EDIT - need to verify date of death

mick-hutson-00.jpg

Last edited:
I'm just checking stories. Looks like the date of death could be wrong. But, yeah, oh boy just about sums it up. His photos of Michael were immaculate. Timeless. Iconic.

:(
It just hits ...i never even knew who took those pictures.šŸ˜Ÿ
Anway ..thanks zin for making us aware of this.

RIP to Mick Hutson who took the ..... my childhood pictures -This sucks.

It just hits ...i never even knew who took those pictures.šŸ˜Ÿ
Me neither. Turns out Mick Hutson photographed loads of rock bands, did a lot of stuff for Metal Hammer. He did people like Paul McCartney, Grace Jones, Bowie but his main thing seemed to be hard rock bands. Which sort of makes his Dangerous pictures even more amazing bc they have a very different feel to a lot of his rock stuff. The guy had skills. Unfortunately, can't find any info relating to Michael. All the stuff I've seen is all about Metallica and bands like that. So it was nice to find this display of so many Michael photos.

Me neither. Turns out Mick Hutson photographed loads of rock bands, did a lot of stuff for Metal Hammer. He did people like Paul McCartney, Grace Jones, Bowie but his main thing seemed to be hard rock bands. Which sort of makes his Dangerous pictures even more amazing bc they have a very different feel to a lot of his rock stuff. The guy had skills. Unfortunately, can't find any info relating to Michael. All the stuff I've seen is all about Metallica and bands like that. So it was nice to find this display of so many Michael photos.
Oh dear god... that one hits hard nwo
thats too close to home now , i would have had his work all over my walls then if the gentleman did alot of art for mh etc
~will explain why i love those pics of M so much esp, the last on second row and 3 of the third

Oh dear god... that one hits hard nwo
thats too close to home now , i would have had his work all over my walls then if the gentleman did alot of art for mh etc
~will explain why i love those pics of M so much esp, the last on second row and 3 of the third
Yes, that one is exquisite. They are all lovely but that one just shines in a special way.

Thank you, Mr Hutson.

The guy did Pepsi day? im gutted hard ...this is so ....
feels weird
Looks like it. I'm reluctant to post any more of the photos I found bc they didn't have his name on them. I'm assuming there would have been lots of photographers covering it seeing as it was a HtW thing. Anyway, this one had Mick's name on it so it was safe for me to post.

Looks like it. I'm reluctant to post any more of the photos I found bc they didn't have his name on them. I'm assuming there would have been lots of photographers covering it seeing as it was a HtW thing. Anyway, this one had Mick's name on it so it was safe for me to post.
Well thanks for making us aware zin because ...idk ..Just that his photo work is always posted here then , and i never even knew about his passing we never got the chance to thank him for his art , that that bit sucks

Last edited:
Well thanks for making us aware zin because ...idk ..Just that his photo work is always posted here then , and i never even knew about his death we never got the chance to thank him for his art , that that bit sucks
So frustrating. Bc he wasn't just a hard-working photographer with good timing. He really was an artist.

Hand hold thank you yeah im not trying to make it about me but it feels idk yeah.... thank you zin. hand hold .sorry
oh, you didn't but, then again, you had these pictures on your wall at home. That means a lot, imo. It's not some random, meaningless teenage thing to be relegated to the back of your mind. That stuff stays with you.

So frustrating. Bc he wasn't just a hard-working photographer with good timing. He really was an artist.
Yes. This. yes exactly Yeah. It ..This man captured "my" childhood its very ..oh boy.
Really surreal. he had an eye because he took pictures of ...sorry babe i don't mean to be emotional about it. caught off guard

oh, you didn't but, then again, you had these pictures on your wall at home. That means a lot, imo. It's not some random, meaningless teenage thing to be relegated to the back of your mind. That stuff stays with you.
Yes
yep Yeah to have those ,, that one especially in your room and to see them 30 plus year later and idk just yeah
sucks because back then we wouldn't know who took those photos ..it's too much - i know you know what i mean....Just , i cannot explain .

Thank you for understanding my stupidness its ..my fandom is dark- it sucks, like my childhood
those pics carried me through alot the times all his worl

KeRrAKZssDf6Cj7eXEMQ9j-1200-80.png.webp

"Newcastle-born Hutson, moved to Aberdeen when his father got a job in the oil and gas industry. Hutson followed his father's footsteps but his love of live music was always in the background and he routinely went to rock venues for a brisk 8am pint after coming onshore. Leaving the rigs to follow his passion, he studied for a Masters degree in photography, taking photos of his friends' bands as a hobby whenever he could."

KeRrAKZssDf6Cj7eXEMQ9j-1200-80.png.webp

"Newcastle-born Hutson, moved to Aberdeen when his father got a job in the oil and gas industry. Hutson followed his father's footsteps but his love of live music was always in the background and he routinely went to rock venues for a brisk 8am pint after coming onshore. Leaving the rigs to follow his passion, he studied for a Masters degree in photography, taking photos of his friends' bands as a hobby whenever he could."
It just sucks because we never had a chance rto say ....well, hey man thanks for the memories. i was a great admirer of his art then

English? ... absolutely blows me away would have asuume American or ...not down the road hey wtf

Back