Sony's MJ Youtube Channel

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
http://www.youtube.com/user/michaeljacksonSME
I cant get the tribute video to play. Is anyone else having issues? Odd that Michael Jackson is doing a Fan Tribute to Michael Jackson lol??

Another Part Of Me goes for 1 sec?

This channel seems very unprofessional. Can't say Im surprised......after all it is $ony!

Last edited:
Yeah...getting "This Video Is Unavailable" on quite a few videos.

Isn't the best quality anyway so I don't bother with the channel.

Uh.. That isn't the official Michael Jackson YouTube channel.

So what is the official MJ youtube channel because it says:
The Official YouTube Channel of The King of Pop - Michael Jackson

Last edited:
Thanx Ivy.

Both Ivy's link and my link go to the same place.

"Michael Jackson - Memories A Fan Tribute To Michael Jackson"

You must be logged in to view this video.

The following content has been identified by the YouTube community as being potentially offensive or inappropriate. Viewer discretion is advised. Please confirm that you wish to view this video.

This video or group may contain content that is inappropriate for some users, as flagged by YouTube's user community. Please confirm that you wish to view this video.

This video is unavailable.

This featured video is available for rental by clicking here.
This video is not available.
Does anyone know what this is?

It doesnt look official does it but it is. They could put more effort into it and dress it up a bit. There isnt a 58-09 either.

No Sony logos.

Another Part Of Me goes for 1 sec!

Could it have to do with location? I am in the USA and it's working for me. I am watching Another Part of Me right now.

Wasn't it obvious it wasn't the official channel? Don't you feel foolish making accusations without facts....

Hmmmmm based on history...maybe not.

Ummm....wow! :scratch:

I thought this was MJs youtube channel and I was right ;) It said Official Youtube Channel and there are no others and then Ivy confirmed it for me......so speaking of fools.................:doh:

Are you always this negative (as you appear to be in all your posts) because this trait is not becoming on you? Although the egg on your face is! :tease:

And what history are you insinuating because I never claim anything I say as the gospel. If Im wrong, I'll be the first to admit it. Can you?

There was no reason to attack another member like that. It was very horrible but yet funny considering how wrong you were. Backfired huh? :hysterical:

Grrrrr

And as for Another Part Of Me.....its starts but fades out and stops within a sec. In fact it says it only goes for 0:01. :smilerolleyes:

It's still weird, DI. I do see that APOM says 0:01, but I watched the entire video with no problems. It's over 4 mins long.

It's still weird, DI. I do see that APOM says 0:01, but I watched the entire video with no problems. It's over 4 mins long.
Hmmm thats odd. Why say 1sec and play for 4mins? I only get 1 sec.

Not a very good youtube channel is it? It needs to be dressed up more and needs to be made to look official. Like I said before, no Sony logos or anything?!?

Sony has blocked a ridiculus amont of videos in Australia. Ive had 4 YouTube channels taken down because of them.

Youtube needs to sort out this mess with there MJ channels. This is a disgrace and he has been denied a lot of views because of this. Why can't the whole world view the real channel, rather than the SME one, just why when every other artist gets one main channel that serves the world.

Youtube needs to sort out this mess with there MJ channels. This is a disgrace and he has been denied a lot of views because of this. Why can't the whole world view the real channel, rather than the SME one, just why when every other artist gets one main channel that serves the world.

I have to agree with you!
you just said everything :clapping:

This is the video I was trying to watch from Michael Official Youtube Channel:
[youtube]FvfoyhwGh8s[/youtube]
Music video by Michael Jackson performing Memories A Fan Tribute To Michael Jackson. (C) 2009 MJJ Productions Inc.

????????

Music video by Michael Jackson performing Memories A Fan Tribute To Michael Jackson. (C) 2009 MJJ Productions Inc. ????????

I don't know whether you were finally able to see the video or not but it includes "She's out of my life" and quotes from fans across the world. Memories is a name they gave to video.

As it includes "she's out of my life" , Michael will be the performer. and apparently even though the video includes quotes from fans, it was put together by MJJ Productions, therefore it gives them the copyright hence the "music video by MJ" introduction.

I don't know whether you were finally able to see the video or not but it includes "She's out of my life" and quotes from fans across the world. Memories is a name they gave to video.

As it includes "she's out of my life" , Michael will be the performer. and apparently even though the video includes quotes from fans, it was put together by MJJ Productions, therefore it gives them the copyright hence the "music video by MJ" introduction.

I have now been able to finally see it thank you yes.

I understand why it lists MJ as a performer but credits are a bit odd IMO (and no Im not alluding anything here).

I wonder who gave the go ahead for this because its called a fan tribute and Sony dont make a habit of including fan made tributes on the MJ Youtube Channel. Obviously the estate has to approve. I dont believe we were informed of this little production. Fans have just discovered it.

Who is in charge of MJJ Productions? Ultimately the estate is but Branca doesnt run everything. If when Michael was alive :scratch: he had someone run it.

Ever since Michael passed its been a nightmare with YouTube. Some people do not realise how much Michael protected us from things such as this. He could have easily done a Prince and got his label to block every single video of his on YouTube but Michael was more than happy for the fans to have download sections on forums, be able to view any video on YouTube without any copyright claims etc. This list goes on what Michael did for us and now he's gone Sony have done everything in their power to do what Michael would never do. Sony are a business and they care about profits in the end of the day. Michael wanted his fans happy.

Heres a TIP: If you ever can't watch a video on YouTube (because of blocking) copy the url into keepvid.com and download it instead.

Who is in charge of MJJ Productions? Ultimately the estate is but Branca doesnt run everything. If when Michael was alive :scratch: he had someone run it.

As far as I know MJJ Productions become defunct. Basically a lot of parts of it (such as MJJ Music etc) got closed and in the end they closed MJJ Productions. Today MJJ Productions is not an operational company, it's just used for copyright purposes.

The newer company is "The Michael Jackson Company" established in 2006 with Raymone Bain as the general manager. Who knows what happened to it..

I'm guessing that the estate is making business as "Michael Jackson Estate" and using "MJJ Productions" for the copyright purposes.

I thought Tohme ran MJJ Productions last?

According to the lawsuit filing paperwork from March of 2009 (MJJ Productions vs Juliens), Tohme was president of MJJ Productions at that time.

http://www.originalprop.com/blog/wp...t-california-lawsuit-filing-march-04-2009.pdf

It's noted on page 3, item 13.

Here's also the web page I found that on, in case you want to read the information there:

http://www.originalprop.com/blog/20...productions-inc-vs-juliens-auction-house-llc/

One interesting thing I found on that page was this:

"Julien’s has a signed agreement with Jackson’s MJJ Productions and Tohme Tohme, the singer’s manager dated August 7, 2008 – eight months before Jackson agreed to put tickets on sale for concerts and when he was desperately cash poor. (Tohme wrote “Dr.” next to his name although he conceded to this column last week that he is not a licensed physician.)"

That Tohme information was interesting...might be useful in other threads about him, if not already posted there.

yes Tohme and Bain listed as managers to one company or the other. but once again these weren't companies in the traditional sense. in the last years these companies did not produce music, videos etc so they really did not need to be run (once again in the traditional sense).

they were being used for copyright and to represent Michael. It's basically saying MJJ productions or MJ Co (entity) rather than Michael (the person). It also allows to use these companies and the managers as representatives of Michael (in lawsuits etc) rather than having Michael deal with everything personally.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that running them would not be a 9-5 job, that you make 100 decisions and oversee 1000 employees.

My point is that MJJP was being run until last year by Tohme, MJ died, so who is running it now as someone from MJJP made the decision to make this Official Tribute video which wasnt announced to us fans, it was accidentally discovered.

Many of Mike's videos are on the VEVO channel now, but I never watch VEVO stuff because it freezes and plays jerky all the time.

Back