mj angry in IJCSLY performance?

He does look a little pissed at the start, she sounded a little off key when she came on so it could have been that. I can't think what else it would be tbh unless there's something on stage that needed cleaning. When it closes in on his face it looks as if he does that cleaning thing like when he cut his hand in WBSS so it may have been that too. :)

lol...to me, he looks like he may have been angry at a musician for throwing him off a little..but, i think MJ was really happy with the performance of his singing partner...in fact, she sounds like the best duet partner i ever heard do that song with him. i really liked this performance from both of them.

^^ i agree that she sounds the best, it's my fav IJCSLY performance. but he does look really pissed during the first verse when he threw the look at her :p

You should see those comments on youtube, they all agree with the poster of the video, i think the poster is exeggerating like crazy. He only has a slightly mad face at the beginning. Only the ending was a bit weird..the music totally stops right away and you see him looking at someone like 'what is going on? '

I've watched this video a few times. He is definitely irritated at the abrupt ending of the song.
But, I don't think he is mad at her at the begining. He looks more uncomfortable than mad. If I had to guess, I would say that something happened between them and he wasn't sure how things were going to go when she came out on stage. He has that little smile at 1:40. And after he sticks his face in the camera, he does the spanking motion with his hand. :D And then during the last part of the song they really get into it.

Í don't know anything about her or this video, that's just my guess.

I agree with the poster who said this was a great version of the song (except for the awkward ending).

at first I thought it was that one performence of IJCSLY where the girl sang his part lol,but this is not the one. so,I dunno sounds good to me..

Last edited:
aaahhh, it should be illegal for a man to be that sexy.

I just can't stop loving him.

I love the way he breaks into a smile after the first verse. my hearts melts every time I watch that moment. he does seem a little uncomfortable in the beginning of the song and then comes that smile. awww. :wub: l.o.v.e. :wub::wub:

and the bred comment in the end. lol! poor bred, must have been scary for him!!!

It was very hot, but I still wonder why he put his face in the camera, he doesn't usually do that when he's singing a ballad. He would not have said "what are you gonna do" if he wasnt annoyed by something. Seems like during the whole song he was like "wtf"!

i don't know that ad libbing indicates annoyance, but, after having seen TII, i think i realized, that MJ asked his musicians, here, to 'break it down', at least three times. and they didn't, till much later..

i guess, being nice has its drawbacks. i mean, people always assume, just because MJ says something nicely, that he doesn't mean it. or if he's quiet about something, that means he automatically changed his mind to what the interpreter wants to believe MJ is thinking. that, of course, is disrespect to MJ.

The only thing to take from this performance (which nobody else seems to have mentioned) is: Holy shit! That man is talented!

It was very hot, but I still wonder why he put his face in the camera, he doesn't usually do that when he's singing a ballad.

Is he only allowed to do that during Beat it?? He probably just felt like it... there is a thing a called spontanity!

i guess, being nice has its drawbacks.

What does that have to do with anything? Ah I see... the sinister musicians trying to hijack the show! ;) It's just a performance of a song... a one-off performance at that... I'm sure they didn't really rehearse it all that much, as it was only done for one show... so in the end it seems like there was some mix up on how/when to end the song... but whatever, it adds to it... I love that performance... especially that part at 4:00 ! The way she looks at him throughout the song, the way he breaks into a laugh ("Oh my life baby... oh my life girl")! I don't see annoyance... I see that they had a really good time!

God he looked gorgeous during that whole performance. :wub:

I love me some angry/pissed off Mike.

Now that what you call being professional.......

Most people would be fuming, but Michael did well to hide most of his emotions...........

And he improvises like only Michael Jackson can!!!!!!!!!.....True Talent!!!!!!!!

Thank God that woman was never in any other MJ show!!!!!!!!

Is he only allowed to do that during Beat it?? He probably just felt like it... there is a thing a called spontanity!

What does that have to do with anything? Ah I see... the sinister musicians trying to hijack the show! ;) It's just a performance of a song... a one-off performance at that... I'm sure they didn't really rehearse it all that much, as it was only done for one show... so in the end it seems like there was some mix up on how/when to end the song... but whatever, it adds to it... I love that performance... especially that part at 4:00 ! The way she looks at him throughout the song, the way he breaks into a laugh ("Oh my life baby... oh my life girl")! I don't see annoyance... I see that they had a really good time!

hey...rehearsals are for a reason. sure MJ covers well. and he shows there, that he is the ultimate professional, but he is the leader, and the musicians are supposed to listen. otherwise, why have rehearsal?! just because he was Mr. nice guy, doesn't mean he shouldn't be respected. it has everything to do with it. he has more than earned the right to be respected. and i ain't gunna get into a back and forth about this, cus this is the kind of thing where the point needs to only be made, once, then the idea of arguing about it is totally rediculous.

OMG, how amazing was that performance??? Wow...I don't know if he was pissed or not, but he hid it well...the consummate professional! :wub:....P.S...damn he looked sexy! :heat:

Back