"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

They MUST NOT portray this as a 'both sides want to move on' thing. Tell the people how MJ tried 3 times to get the criminal trial first and what that means.

This is a massive opportunity. It must be taken.
This could be an absolute game changer.

“MJ pushed to have the criminal case come first, while Chandlers insisted on the civil case.”

That in itself is such a smoking gun.

Last edited:
Is this real 🤔
It's obviously photo shopped that's a well known Jackson 5 picture taken from this photo shoot.

31129fcab3a4186aa320396287d11897.jpg

BINGO!! Wait a minute... ain't people like you freaking out over Jaafar? He's not Michael, is he?
@Gaz Petition to make this JaafarJacksonCommunity instead of MichaelJacksonCommunity, since this smart guy over here seems to think we're "freaking out over Jaafar"?

Or maybe can we just suspend him for constantly trying to derail this thread cuz he's throwing a tantrum over a Bad Tour in 4K or whatever.

biopics suck ass. they literally have the Victory, Bad, Dangerous and History tour concerts all in 4K and all of u happy with an impersonator looking like a clown in that make up. No one moves like MJ. No one looks like MJ. No one sings like MJ. There was only one and there is HD footage out there. Biopics are a moneygrab for ppl who think these movies are cool lmao

he's throwing a tantrum over a Bad Tour in 4K or whatever.
yup. definitely gave me a point saying you prefer seeing a 3 hour impersonator movie over the glorious Bad Tour in 4K. Oh yeah, and with the real Mike, the king of pop. But yeah, whatever huh

you seem pretty happy here celebrating this crap film
Anything less than stepping on Branca's face is "celebrating" to you, maybe you'd just prefer we don't talk about anything MJ at all, since you seem to think there's a choice, like I or anybody else actually Asked for this. Live in reality, an MJ movie is the one thing we all would've absolutely expected and a decent way to pass some time speculating on, but you seem to think it's just us begging for a new King of Pop.

You're really just foolish, mostly because you won't just make your own thread against this instead of trying to muck with me. I'm gonna personally make sure you get banned for this crap.

Last edited:
yup. definitely gave me a point saying you prefer seeing a 3 hour impersonator movie over the glorious Bad Tour in 4K.
Personally I don't care much about the Bad tour or his other solo concerts. I have the Dangerous one and rarely watch it, because I'm not that interested in watching songs like Heal The World. I've never seen the HIStory one and don't want to. I would like to have The Jacksons variety show released on DVD though. That's #1 for me. But that's owned by the CBS TV network. Since it was shot on videotape, there won't be a blu-ray version. Goin' Back To Indiana would be nice to have too, but I don't see that one coming out anytime soon, since Bill Cosby is in it. If a concert is released I'm only interested in ones by The J5/Jacksons. The songs on those are not as overplayed like post-Thriller ones, where watching the solo concerts of that stuff is boring to me, and its not the same without the brothers. Also the brothers concerts are live and not lip-syncing. If I want to see that, I'll just watch the music videos. 😄

The fact that a few MJ fans can't support a movie which will potentially help Michael's popularity and image skyrocket for years to come is extremely odd.

A 4K tour release sounds great but it's not gonna have the same global impact as the movie will.

There will be nothing bigger than this for Michael, potentially ever again. If done right it could change everything again for the better.

All those millions of fans who seen Michael live and bought his albums long before any of us (mostly) can be brought back into the community in a big way and ignite their love of MJ again plus the huge amount of new fans it will attract.

yeah let's see a 3 hour biopic with impersonators and at least a boring ass hour full of how branca is a great lawyer

09f009ec-2794-4180-aecd-62d36d34c05b_16-9-aspect-ratio_default_1090835.webp

shame on you supporting this crap. this is why they re release thriller every year and you dumbasses buy it. that's why we never get good stuff.
You're in a thread about the biopic complaining that people are talking about the biopic. I don't think others are the ones with no brain here.

Go post in one of the many threads about concerts on here and stop making an ass of yourself

[...] an MJ movie is the one thing we all would've absolutely expected and a decent way to pass some time speculating on, [...]
Basically, this.

Full disclosure: even though I'm popping in and out of this thread I'm still not expecting to actually watch this thing. I still have zero interest in watching anyone play Michael. No disrespect to Michael impersonators and no problem with an actor trying to portray Michael. I just don't want to see it. I would always prefer to watch the real thing. Simple.

But, as you said, a biopic was always likely to happen even with all the obvious challenges. If they create a good product it could be very positive for Michael.

My interest in this thing is more intellectual, like it's a kind of puzzle. How in the hell can you show Michael's complicated, drama filled life in only 3 hours? What will they include, what will they leave out? All the obvious questions. I do find that interesting to speculate about.

biopics suck ass.
I wouldn't know. I've only ever watched two in my entire life but, generally, even just the idea of a biopic doesn't interest me. Especially not for Michael. I have no plans to watch this thing. I might change my mind. Only time will tell.

they literally have the Victory, Bad, Dangerous and History tour concerts all in 4K
I don't care about 4K, tbh, but I would like BWT 1987, please. All of it. In decent quality. I'm sick of watching crap quality YT clips.

and all of u happy with an impersonator looking like a clown in that make up.
Nope. Not me.

I was interested in all of those positive responses to the 'trailer' which was screened recently. And then I saw a fan-made mock-up of a big photo of Jaafar on the cinema screen at the Lionsgate thing. Kind of like, hey, this is what it could look like when it hits the big screen. That sort of thing. Anyway, put me right off. Did not like it at all. I've seen fan-made mock-ups of how Jaafar might look as mature Michael. Didn't do anything for me.

People will enjoy this thing and I'm pleased for them. So far it doesn't look like I'll be joining them no matter how much I post here.

No one moves like MJ. No one looks like MJ. No one sings like MJ.
I've said exactly this. The very first photo of Jaafar, that b&w one, I didn't like it at all. It's a good photo and I understand why people got excited but I don't like it. No disrespect to Jaafar. If it wasn't him playing Michael it would be someone else and everyone seems to be raving that Jaafar is doing a great job. Me, I'm happy watching the real thing.

Biopic's just a movie and Jaafar's cast as MJ. That's it, no need for drama bro.
Exactly. It's a done deal. We're all free to spend money on this thing or not. I'm as uncertain about this thing as I was when it was first announced.

Last edited:
The fact that a few MJ fans can't support a movie which will potentially help Michael's popularity and image skyrocket for years to come is extremely odd.

A 4K tour release sounds great
I want box sets. Going right back to Big Boy and the Steeltown stuff. I want lovely, high-quality box sets. All of it. :D

but it's not gonna have the same global impact as the movie will.
This is true.

I don't see it 🫤 I hope he does a decent job
I don't think the physical resemblance is the most important thing, tbh. It's more or less impossible to cast an actor that strongly resembles the real-life character they are going to play. Colman Domingo looks nothing like Joe Jackson and the same applies to more or less all of the actors cast so far, imo. That said, the photos we've seen of Colman and Nia as Joe and Katherine looked pretty good to me. The important thing is the performance. Hopefully the cast will do a good job.

yeah let's see a 3 hour biopic with impersonators and at least a boring ass hour full of how branca is a great lawyer

09f009ec-2794-4180-aecd-62d36d34c05b_16-9-aspect-ratio_default_1090835.webp

shame on you supporting this crap. this is why they re release thriller every year and you dumbasses buy it. that's why we never get good stuff.
I think you're missing the point of what this biopic has the potential of achieving! Let's tell the true story once and for all... Then you'll get your 4K concert!

This could be an absolute game changer.

“MJ pushed to have the criminal case come first, while Chandlers insisted on the civil case.”

That in itself is such a smoking gun.
I really hope we can get some sort of disclaimer, anything surrounding legal activities is direct from the book, spoken as per transcript etc. No room to move.

I wonder if and what Motown/Universal gonna release next year.

The hype around the biopic would be the perfect moment to finally release the MJ/Stevie Wonder duet "A Pretty Face Is".
That'd be a dream.

The thing I'm most looking forward to with this is the unreleased material, that will surely come from it. The Biopic would be the perfect platform for a couple of unreleased tracks

And another thing, this ain't no 'nam' concert film. I don't want This Is It 2 with Jaafar.

Silly little man think this is gonna be a bootleg MJ concert film.

NO!!!

I WANT INTERESTING ANECDOTES AND ACCURATE RECREATIONS OF DETAILS OF MJS LIFE. That's the POINT. I can get behind that, because I'm a grown up who understands cinema, not a stupid fanboy who only cares about "the GOAT" and "My 4K".

Trifling and annoying.

Re the kid playing young Michael

@francisco_bltrn
"We all focused on Jaafar, but forgot about Juliano, who according to CinemaCon attendees was much better than Jaafar."

That'd be a dream.

The thing I'm most looking forward to with this is the unreleased material, that will surely come from it. The Biopic would be the perfect platform for a couple of unreleased tracks
Is that how it usually works with music biopics? Unreleased stuff is made available?

I find it interesting that they are selecting the cast while already filming... Is that the usual procedure or is it only done when children are involved because they might change physically in half a year?
And how come Taj will be included at such a young age? It clearly is way before the 3T time.
My bad. I probably should have worded it better. I'm assuming these people haven't just been cast recently. I took it for granted they were spacing out the announcements to keep up people's excitement and interest. They've been filming for ages now, they must have done the casting before they started. I don't really follow film that much but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be casting as they go along. That would be weird, wouldn't it?

We know there are some really significant figures we still haven't heard about. It's gotta be a 'keep up the excitement' thing, I'm sure of it.

My bad. I probably should have worded it better. I'm assuming these people haven't just been cast recently. I took it for granted they were spacing out the announcements to keep up people's excitement and interest. They've been filming for ages now, they must have done the casting before they started. I don't really follow film that much but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be casting as they go along. That would be weird, wouldn't it?

We know there are some really significant figures we still haven't heard about. It's gotta be a 'keep up the excitement' thing, I'm sure of it.
And by doing so they honor Michael's way of doing it too.

Back