YouTube Video - Bad - Wembley, London 1988

Astrantia

Proud Member
Hi guys,

Someone I'm subscribed to on YouTube literally just uploaded this footage of Michael performing Bad at Wembley. No idea where they got the footage from! Thought I'd share! :dancin:

Re: New YouTube Video - Bad - Wembley, London 1988

i believe this clip was shown at the 1988 MTV Music Awards.

I'm pretty sure that every real fan have seen this at least 10 times in his life...

Just joking... anyway, this video is not new... It's well known since a lot of years

I'm pretty sure that every real fan have seen this at least 10 times in his life...

Just joking... anyway, this video is not new... It's well known since a lot of years

No disrespect, but I dislike the expression "every/any real fan...would have/has/knows" because, well, it's a load of codswallop. I've been a fan since I was a little girl, attended concerts, bought tons of LPs/CDs/collectables/DVDs/bootlegs etc, watched thousands of videos online, yet I hadn't come across this before. There's a lot of material out there, it's quite easy to not come across every single bit of it.

Hot, hot, hot....gotta love it.....michael you are so missed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this VOB version??

There is only one VOB version, which is terrible in terms of quality.

What we got here is a mp4-rip from the MTV website. SADLY, the audio of the video is horrible.

This is my take on the video. I couldn't do much to the audio, sadly.

Note: This was shown in 1989 at Los Angeles (MTV Video Vanguard Awards).

Last edited:

No disrespect, but I dislike the expression "every/any real fan...would have/has/knows" because, well, it's a load of codswallop. I've been a fan since I was a little girl, attended concerts, bought tons of LPs/CDs/collectables/DVDs/bootlegs etc, watched thousands of videos online, yet I hadn't come across this before. There's a lot of material out there, it's quite easy to not come across every single bit of it.

Which part of "just joking" did you miss? Anyway, you're right... But it's strange that with tons of bootleg, dvds etc you never saw that... Peace

I saw this before too, and I love the camera on his feet. That would make a wonderful siggy.

Thank you :D I love it!
and I agree with you Amie Louise, I don't like such expressions either even when it's "a joke" because yeah.. some people are very serious about their fanaticism and it's kind of insulting when it's questioned so to speak, based on not having seen one bit of footage alone..there's thousands of 'em and I'm pretty sure that even after 13 years of being a fan myself, I've got quite a lot left to see. Regards.

Thank you :D I love it!
and I agree with you Amie Louise, I don't like such expressions either even when it's "a joke" because yeah.. some people are very serious about their fanaticism and it's kind of insulting when it's questioned so to speak, based on not having seen one bit of footage alone..there's thousands of 'em and I'm pretty sure that even after 13 years of being a fan myself, I've got quite a lot left to see. Regards.

Jackson Rules, I just want you to know, no hard feelings at, all I hope? :better:

Also to note, when I became a fan, like many others, there wasn't any internet. My information came from fan magazine subscriptions and the TV. Like many not so well off families in the UK, we didn't have cable subscriptions i.e no MTV etc, just the 4 terrestrial channels. When I knew certain Michael 'things' were coming on a cable channel, I would ask someone I knew with cable to record it on VHS for me, but that wasn't always possible. Therefore, up until I got an internet connection in 1999, there was a lot of material I missed out on.

2006 was around the time that YouTube and file sharing really exploded, and thus I was able to get my hands on/discover a LOT of things I had no idea existed. I discover new things everyday! And being able to share info and talk to fans on this forum is amazing :bow: In '09 I had to step away from it all, because I was so gutted by Michael's passing that I found it painful to listen/watch anything with him in. It's just in the last year I've recovered and started collecting stuff again!

Anyway...Off topic. As we were ;-)

Last edited:

when I became a fan, like many others, there wasn't any internet. My information came from fan magazine subscriptions and the TV.. When I knew certain Michael 'things' were coming on a cable channel, I would ask someone I knew with cable to record it on VHS for me, but that wasn't always possible. Therefore, up until I got an internet connection in 1999, there was a lot of material I missed out on.

Before we move on, that's exactly what happened with me. Difference is I had cable TV and also a VHS recorder, so I owned lots of tapes with Michael videos on it (private home movies show, video specials etc) but those are lost now..I got net connection back in 2007 but before that from 2001 to early 07 I would go to net cafes and my time to do research was limited, reason why many of us may not know about videos like this one or others up until now or a few years back. Times were different back then lol.

Before we move on, that's exactly what happened with me. Difference is I had cable TV and also a VHS recorder, so I owned lots of tapes with Michael videos on it (private home movies show, video specials etc) but those are lost now..I got net connection back in 2007 but before that from 2001 to early 07 I would go to net cafes and my time to do research was limited, reason why many of us may not know about videos like this one or others up until now or a few years back. Times were different back then lol.

Back in the day, when dinosaurs wandered the earth, that's when I was young...Haha (feels like it). I actually still have all of my VHS tapes, along with all my collectables! I stored everything (and still do) in a large plastic sealed box. I know I have an MTV 'Michael Jackson Weekend' from around '96 (and quite possibly stuff from '88). If I can get the equipment to transfer, I will upload it to YouTube!

Yeah this is the MTV Vanguard award vid. Really nothing new. Also there are like 3 or 2 at least VOB's of this but they're really bad quality. This is MP4 web rip of MTV website. Also it's July 15 so it won't be on DVD.
(guys remember:
July 14 - black mic
July 15 - first part of show black mic, 2nd part silver mic (I'm sure of this now. Earlier I claimed 15th was just silver mic, but I was wrong)
July 16 - silver mic)

This footage has silver mic and it doesn't match the snippet in BAD 25 DVD teaser, so it's July 15.

Yeah this is the MTV Vanguard award vid. Really nothing new. Also there are like 3 or 2 at least VOB's of this but they're really bad quality. This is MP4 web rip of MTV website. Also it's July 15 so it won't be on DVD.
(guys remember:
July 14 - black mic
July 15 - first part of show black mic, 2nd part silver mic (I'm sure of this now. Earlier I claimed 15th was just silver mic, but I was wrong)
July 16 - silver mic)

This footage has silver mic and it doesn't match the snippet in BAD 25 DVD teaser, so it's July 15.

2 VOBs to be more precise. And also the links are dead.

I doubt the DVD will look as good as that clip.
That clip was sent from whatever master recording they had at the time to the awards show to broadcast. Not from an old VHS tape lying around.

*still hoping for the best!*

Seriously doubt it's going to be as half as good as this.

Lost count of how many times I've rewatched his side walk Love it :)

Back in the day, when dinosaurs wandered the earth, that's when I was young...Haha (feels like it). I actually still have all of my VHS tapes, along with all my collectables! I stored everything (and still do) in a large plastic sealed box. I know I have an MTV 'Michael Jackson Weekend' from around '96 (and quite possibly stuff from '88). If I can get the equipment to transfer, I will upload it to YouTube!
http://www.amitbhawani.com/Images/P/Pinnacle-TV-Tuner-USB-Card.PNG

Back