your Favorite HIStory concert ?

Screamin

Proud Member
After watching them all i have to say that i just love HIStory tour Finland 1997, Michael just looks so excited!!! (and it has the best performance of billie jean )

what is your fav and why ?

I think overall I'm a big fan of the 1997 concerts over the 1996 ones ... with the exception of Brunei (though wasn't that on New Year's anyway? :p). It just seemed like Michael was more on it during the second leg than the first ... seemed a lot more upbeat and interactive with his audiences.

I would say ; Munich cause the dance was incredibility.

I would say Manila 1997. I think because it was televised it was his best performanmce. You can just feel the energy.:punk:

Manila was in 1996. The only downside to that concert is no beatbox for Billie Jean, but that's what happened in Moscow and in the Dangerous Tour too.

I've seen a lot of people like Munich and MJ uses it for promotional footage. Personally I hate Munich because he was tired and didn't dance good. I only like the remastered audio that slams a lot. Munich was a horrible exaggeration with all the camera angles as he was sick and didn't do that hop move in Billie Jean (the one with the backup singers yelling "Ho! Ho!").

My favourites are usually second leg as his dancing during the first leg wasn't always the best. This, as with MSG 2001, leads some people to speculate on some things to which I don't want to discuss, as it's about his health (I'll just say something that happened in the Dangerous Tour as well). I also don't like the way the drum sounds. The best from the first leg would probably be Kuala Lumpur, Auckland, and Brunei. From the second leg it would be Copenhagen, Gothenburg and Helsinki.

They always release concerts at night. Perhaps they don't always want to show peoples faces because of consent issues. If you look at Wembley and Amsterdam the performances take place in daylight. I'd want to see them both released pro-filmed. I especially like Wembley from July 15 but I want to see the whole video (it's too slow for me to download :(). Along with those two Gelsenkirchen is also my favourite amateur filmed concert.

I think Kuala Lumpur is one of my favourite because of Michael's excellent live singing, but he dances much better in Munich, and it's also the best recording of HIStory concerts... So, I vote the second one :)

They are all very similar shows, however, I love the sound of the drums on Munich 97. The Bass and Kicks in WBSS are wonderful. Really gets you moving.

That's only because it was edited. The original sounds a bit like Copenhagen.

Back