Young children to perform a musical about the King of Pop

Ankita

Proud Member
This is such a beautiful news :)
Michael would be so proud :)
Wishing the organizers, the parents and the kids all the very best :)

Saturday November 20, 2010

Young children to perform a musical about the King of Pop

Year-end school holidays are here again and parents are on the look out for activities that are fun yet educational.

ACTS of Performing Arts Damansara Heights is presenting a charity concert entitled ‘King of Pop, The Musical’ that traces the young Michael Jackson to stardom.

The Musical will be staged at Pentas 1, Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre (KLpac), Sentul tonight at 8.30pm and tomorrow at 3.30pm.

The cast is large, with a total number of about 180 performers from ages three to 23.

The recipient of part of the proceeds is the National Cancer Society of Malaysia.

The musical’s drama director Joanna Bessey said: “Come watch this show and get an idea of what musical theatre is.

“The students of ACTS have been working on this production for some months and although this may be their first time on stage, they have improved by leaps and bounds,” she said.

ACTS is also inviting five teenagers aged 16 to 19 years to work behind the scenes as stagehands.

“This may be their first experience and a good introduction to being involved in a big production. Training by the stage manager will be provided,” she added.

This musical boasts the involvement of six established choreographers the likes of Liew Yen Shan and Cheryl Tham, and notable music director Nadiah Aqilah.

http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=/2010/11/20/central/7456839&sec=central

:clapping::wub:
I hope they will put a video on youtube so we could see them !! Sure Michael would love it !!

Lovely!! I hope they take videos and put them on youtube. That would be sweet to see. :wub:

Excellent ... and KLPaC is a beautiful new modern Theatre. The Dance production I saw there earlier this year was phenominal ... as their standard of work there is remarkable.

Thus .. I am sure this production in Honor of Michael will be just as good.

Wish I could see it. So yes a YouTube video would be great!

Back