you see Edward Scissorhands and think of Michael Jackson?

GOLDSPACESUIT45

Proud Member
you see Edward Scissorhands and think of Michael Jackson? everytime i see the movie ..i see Michael Jackson cause of the way people see edward..the odd man who lives on the hill..idk but thats how i feel..

I think of that as well, especially with the rumours that Michael was in talks to play Edward Scissorhands. Just re-watched Finding Neverland which reminds me so much of Michael, especially the end. In my mind now I substitute the 'she' for a 'he' and it makes me bawl :cry:

Kinda. I'm pretty much convinced that Simba from The Lion King is patterned after Michael, especially when you compare Simba's attitude as a cub to his attitude as an adult, right down to the voice.

i loved that movie as a kid ..and yes it reminded me of mike. reminded me terribly of him ... finding neverland does too, great movies ...

and oblio:the point too

Last edited:
Michael Jackson was actually Burton's first choice for the role of Edward. Why Jackson didn't end up in the movie as Edward, still remains a mystery to this day.[10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Scissorhands

BTW, isn't it strange how Johnny Depp has playad a lot of characters those more or less remind one of Michael?

Edward Scissorhands, Willy Wonka, also J.M. Barrie in Finding Neverland. Somebody even wrote an article about it in a blog: http://allforloveblog.com/?p=1481

I definitely do....Severely misunderstood man with a great heart :cry:

Now that I think about it ever since finding out Michael wanted to play Edward Scissorhands, I definately think about him. I haven't seen that movie for years now!

^^^^^i agree happens the same to me :)

About Edward Scissorhands Absolutely, is almost the same thing.... its really sad...

Hmmm I'm a huge fan of Edward Scissorhands but for some reason it's never really reminded me of MJ. I didn't realise it was rumoured that he was going to play the character. I heard it was between Tom Cruise and Johnny Depp. Thank goodness they never picked Tom Cruise, it wouldn't have been the same film.

yes! so I am not the only one :) I've seen the movie recently after many years and drew a portrait of Michael the day after. I was not even aware until my sister pointed out that I actually drew him to look like Edward!

you can see if you wish my drawing on mjart site:
http://www.michaeljacksonart.com/details.php?image_id=1840

Stjarna, that's beautiful! Love it, you can see the parallels of a kind being being hurt.

definetly! i've always compared Edward and Michael. they are so much alike. both misunderstood, both hearts of gold, both accoused of things they didnt do and both very lonely. they were one in the same. i wish michael would have gotten the part to play him. but johnny did a beautifil job playing him and in finding neverland. both great great flims. i just adore johnny depp!

i loved the Scissorhands movie. but my answer to the question is yes and no. no, because MJ never appeared vastly different, to me, than the rest of humanity, like naysayers would love to say, (looking for 'abnormality' where there was none)but, yes, in that Edward and MJ shared the innocence.

I agree with people when they say they see similarities. Look at the eyes, the innocence, the judgement, the misunderstood beautiful soul, the loneliness.

Michael's smile lit the world up, but his eyes always said otherwise. I've never known a smile like his, but never known eyes like his either :(

And for me, it's all in Edward's eyes, as to the Michael I see in that character.

The character always reminded me of Michael...and if it's true that Michael was Tim Burton's first choice...maybe he based a little of the character on him?

I think Johnny Depp played that character beautifully btw :)

Well.. I never seen the movie before.. But maybe little bit with the clothes.. edward wearing black clothes and have black long hair... -> Michael :D

Back