You Are Not Alone outro..

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
Am I the only one who enjoys the outro more than the main song? :p The mood and the adlibs at the ending are just sumptuous and flawless. I like the fact that the version on Ultimate Collection is a tad longer.

Anyone feel like i do? :)

Yeah, totally.

The first time I heard the version on TUC I was so happy that it was a few seconds longer.

To me that's Michael exerting his artistry on another person's song. The outro moves it from cheese to class.

Yeah, totally.

The first time I heard the version on TUC I was so happy that it was a few seconds longer.

To me that's Michael exerting his artistry on another person's song. The outro moves it from cheese to class.

Absolutely, Michael Jackson takes over the composition at the end making it his own song

Lol, more than the main song ? Nah. I love the chorus. The outro is good.

YOU are not a real fan and need to get your ears checked!
angry-man.jpg

Nah jokes asides, I just love the rawness of those adlibs man. But you are def right that chorus is infectious. He was really in the zone for History. I wish he would have done more Orchestra type of tracks.

Last edited:
I've always wish the outro was it's own song. Also, someone made a post here requesting the release of uncut versions of all songs because songs had to fit CDs? So maybe the you are not alone outro was the bit that was cut in the final version!

I like the fact that the version on Ultimate Collection is a tad longer.

o_O *loads Winamp and those two songs from those two albums* I... was not aware of this. O_O I learn something new everyday! :D Thank you for this knowledge! ^.^

To answer your question, can't say I like the outro more than the rest of the song, but it's all good. The outro is indeed special, though. :wub:

I never realized that this was different a version- the long version is the only version I've ever heard :dntknw:

I've always wish the outro was it's own song. Also, someone made a post here requesting the release of uncut versions of all songs because songs had to fit CDs? So maybe the you are not alone outro was the bit that was cut in the final version!

Absolutely. This is a must. I was really hoping for an extended version of Fly Away from Bad25 with the adlibs from Rebbies version. We need to hear all the song in it's original lengths.
o_O *loads Winamp and those two songs from those two albums* I... was not aware of this. O_O I learn something new everyday! :D Thank you for this knowledge! ^.^

To answer your question, can't say I like the outro more than the rest of the song, but it's all good. The outro is indeed special, though. :wub:

Indeed, it is a great song as a whole :)

I never realized that this was different a version- the long version is the only version I've ever heard :dntknw:

as Amaya said, you learn something new everyday :)

A lot of outros have some of the coolest adlibs and vocal arangements by Mike!!

my most recent outro that I've been obsessive over is heard on the acapella version of Rock With You @ 3:40-3:48 put on some good headphones turn it up super loud and just listen to that portion, his voice is just crazy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX4VCAQWEr0

A lot of outros have some of the coolest adlibs and vocal arangements by Mike!!

my most recent outro that I've been obsessive over is heard on the acapella version of Rock With You @ 3:40-3:48 put on some good headphones turn it up super loud and just listen to that portion, his voice is just crazy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX4VCAQWEr0

I was about to mention rwy! Loove those adlibs, " i wanna roooooooock, feel the heat!"
Rumor has it that MJ uses his infamous live adlibs "stand up for me brotha" for MITM on the studio version but they were edited out.

I did, you can vote for them here: http://www.legacyrecordings.userecho.com/topic/358774-/

And you're right with YANA, it's the original uncut version that's released on TUC. (Same with On the Line, btw)

Absolutely. This is a must. I was really hoping for an extended version of Fly Away from Bad25 with the adlibs from Rebbies version. We need to hear all the song in it's original lengths.

Fly Away's adlibs are definitely a true gem. Unfortunately it's been faded out just when the adlibs start. The BJ adlibs are great, too. (its uncut version was released as the 12" version)

Michaels ad libs are so cool, he could adlib for 5 minutes straight and would be a smash hit.. Does not need verses, bridge... just singin' it!

I love hearing extended versions of songs with additional ad-libs. Listening to the extended edition of "Who Is It" was like listening to it again for the first time :D

And you're right with YANA, it's the original uncut version that's released on TUC. (Same with On the Line, btw)

I'm not sure it's 'uncut' is it? It's really only about 5 seconds longer? I'd bet there was more.

Plus On The Line isn't longer than the original Ghosts box set release. It appears to be a different mix, to me.

I'm not sure it's 'uncut' is it? It's really only about 5 seconds longer? I'd bet there was more.

Plus On The Line isn't longer than the original Ghosts box set release. It appears to be a different mix, to me.

You Are Not Alone HIStory --> 5:45 / TUC --> 6:03
On The Line Minimax-cd --> 4:40 / TUC --> 4:53

so I just herd this version of you are not alone for the first time and I so LOVED it. I wish this version was on the history cd.

You Are Not Alone HIStory --> 5:45 / TUC --> 6:03
On The Line Minimax-cd --> 4:40 / TUC --> 4:53

A lot of YANA is fade out, you're getting little extra. As I said, I bet there's more.

I should have worded what I said about On The Line better. The version on TUC isn't a longer version of the one from the minimax CD. It's longer, yes, but the two mixes are different. Go back and listen.

The BJ adlibs are great, too. (its uncut version was released as the 12" version)

Talking about Billie Jean, i find extremely rare that he sang some of those adlibs in Moscow 1993. He did it occasionally on The Victory Tour but that's about it.

5:00
[youtube]77_MnNbaV1k[/youtube]

A lot of YANA is fade out, you're getting little extra. As I said, I bet there's more.

I should have worded what I said about On The Line better. The version on TUC isn't a longer version of the one from the minimax CD. It's longer, yes, but the two mixes are different. Go back and listen.

Yeah, if i remember correctly one version has a breakdown acapella part with a choir right?

Back