Year Of The Gentleman

smoothcriminal12

Proud Member
Nobody IS on Ne-Yo's new album, which was released yesterday. It's a good album...you should buy it...:D......though some songs sound like demos. :mello:

This one's heavy with the ballads. The hype was overboard... Other than Closer, other songs here and there I like are Fade Into The Background and So You Can Cry.

Like all his other work, the lyrics always shine, though.

don't like his folksy slow jams. the singles were misleading because they were good.

I've never been the biggest Ne-Yo fan. His voice is too nasal-ly for me.
I've always thought he had really good writing skills tho.
I won't be in a hurry to buy this one.

This one's heavy with the ballads. The hype was overboard... Other than Closer, other songs here and there I like are Fade Into The Background and So You Can Cry.

Like all his other work, the lyrics always shine, though.

I agree, too many ballads.

I like it. Besides "Closer" and "Nobody" I really like "Single", "Why Does She Day" "Fade Into the Background" and "Back to What You Know". The rest I can do without.

"So You Can Cry" sounds like a John Legend song.....I listened to it all day at work today and forgot it there of course but I actually really like every song on the cd :)

Last edited:
I downloaded it to my Zune a couple of days ago and it is a good album. Miss Independent is my song though! :D

:) It's nice to know you guys are enjoying his new album.
Big ups to Ne-yo.

Did you catch his little 30 minute promotional special on BET the other night?

Back