Xscape received 3 Soul Train Awards nominations!

serendipity

Proud Member
http://hellobeautiful.com/2014/10/13/soul-train-awards-2014-nominees

Album of the Year

Beyoncé – Beyoncé
G I R L – Pharrell Williams
Love In The Future – John Legend
Nothing Was The Same – Drake
The Electric Lady – Janelle Monaé
Xscape – Michael Jackson

Song of the Year

All of Me – John Legend
Drunk In Love – Beyoncé feat. Jay Z
Happy – Pharrell Williams
Hold On (We’re Going Home) – Drake feat. Majid Jordan
Love Never Felt So Good – Michael Jackson feat. Justin Timberlake
Loyal – Chris Brown feat. Lil Wayne and Tyga

Best Collaboration

Chris Brown feat. Lil Wayne & Tyga – Loyal
Chris Brown feat. Usher & Rick Ross – New Flame
Janelle Monaé feat. Miguel – Primetime
Michael Jackson & Justin Timberlake – Love Never Felt So Good
Robert Glasper feat. Jill Scott – Calls
Toni Braxton & Babyface – Hurt You

The Soul Train Awards 2014 will air on Centric and BET on November 30, 2014 at 8PM ET/PT.

I think we will win just the "Best Collab"-Award.

He deserves to win all 3. But I agree that Best Collaboration is most realistic. Let's hope he'll win at least one.

i hope he wins album of the year and best collab.. brilliant news for MICHAEL :)

Michael deserves to win the 3 of them but Pharrell's song has been such an annoying hit (I used to like it but since it's been everywhere is now a pain in the butt) that I'm pretty sure he's gonna win that award.

It's hard to predict who will win,. But the fact he was nominated in 3 categories is a great Honor and shows he is still relevant in the musical industry. Plus it will be great promotion for Michael and Xscape. I'm very happy to hear this. Would be Awesome if Xscape would win "Album Of The Year"

I agree. Pharrell, Beyonce and John Legend have good albums too. It's not the "Michael Jackson Awards".

In my opinion Pharrell has great album. Beyonce and John Legend have decent albums with 1 good/great song and the rest are just filler songs. Nothing special about those albums, especially Beyonce. So if MJ doesn't win I hope it's Pharrell. Although judging just the quality of the songs and music Xscape is definitely the best album.

I agree Onir, I think Xscape deserves the best album of the year quality wise . Pharrell did a great job (well, mostly) with the album. I think Pharrell deserves the song of the year though. No comments on Beyonce's.

I agree Onir, I think Xscape deserves the best album of the year quality wise . Pharrell did a great job (well, mostly) with the album. I think Pharrell deserves the song of the year though. No comments on Beyonce's.

Totally agree. Happy deserves to win the song of the year.

I think Pharrell is almost certain to get Song Of The Year. Album will go either to him or Beyonce. I agree that MJ has a bigger chance for the Collabo category. Fingers crossed!

I'd be bummed if Beyonce wins, I think this is her worst album and I didn't like any song on it. The buzz it got was over the top. YEP, Happy should win cause it was both a good fun song and it was very succesful.

I feel the Collaboration is owned by LNFSG and it's a sure win. So I'm gonna waste my wish on the album category :angel:

Last edited:
I agree Michael and Justin just might get it on the Collaboration LNFSG. I see a upset Michael just may get all three and that would be awesome for Xscape:)

Guy you know if we would have had a chance to vote MJ would win this hands down. :chillin:

I am tried of Happy

It would be nice adding those 3 to his more than 748 awards indeed but if Michael gets at least Best Collaboration, I'll be happy. And yeah, enough of Happy already.

Ed Sheeran: (X) Multiply, Pharrell Williams: G I R L & Michael Jackson's: Xscape have definitely been my favorite albums from this year.. but i just think Michael's offering has more of an artistic edge to it.

Way to go!! :clapping: Although Xscape does have tough competitors I am still hoping it wins big time! For a posthumous album making it in the league of albums released by today's artists is itself a great achievement.

Back