Xscape:- Official Release Dates (So Far)

Zakk

Proud Member
Germany, Austria, Sweden, Finland and New Zealand
May 9, 2014

France, Norway, Spain, Denmark and UK
May 12, 2014

US, Mexico, Poland, Canada, Australia and Italy
May 13, 2014

Japan
May 21, 2014

UK (Vinyl LP)
May 26, 2014

US (Vinyl LP)
May 27, 2014

India
May 29, 2014​

Last edited:
Why did Sony decided to put out the album in Germany first :)

I can't find the release date in Denmark. - So I guess it will just be released May 13th...

I really hope it will be released early in Denark too.

Release date in Norway is May the 12th.

But I don't understand why the release date is different from country to country and why some countries even get it before USA?

On the DANISH iTunes release date has been changed to May 12th !!!

Seems like Denmark will get Xscape on Monday May 12th !!!! YEAH !!!

Yes Uk usually releases Albums on Monday . Each Country had a certain DAY that they usually release albums.
That is why the difference in release dates. It has nothing to do with Epic or Sony .

Uk is Mon (may 12th)
USA is Tue (may 13th)
other countries are Thurs or Fri ( may 8th or 9th - they get first release)

So there will be leaks before your release date. . But I know MJJC doesn't allow DL links to released material.

May 9th in Sweden!!! :)
Physical cds' standard/deluxe & the vinyl,
also on iTunes ;)

Pushed to 21th in Japan.

Xscape_Japan.jpg

I have a question about the release date in Germany, is it still the 9th of May? Different pages on Amazon.de gives different dates.
And if there’s someone from Germany would you please tell me in what music stores most likely the CD will be on the 9th of May! Please!!!

Thank You!

Allusio;3991879 said:
I have a question about the release date in Germany, is it still the 9th of May? Different pages on Amazon.de gives different dates.
And if there’s someone from Germany would you please tell me in what music stores most likely the CD will be on the 9th of May! Please!!!

Thank You!

it's 9th. if not, I'll do smth against it.

!

Allusio;3991879 said:

Thank You!

The Michael Jackson newsletter from Sony Music, I surprisingly received today, says the album will be available on May 9th everywhere (in Germany):

Bestellt XSCAPE bei iTunes oder Amazon vor! Die XSCAPE Standard-Version und die Deluxe Edition werden ab dem 09. Mai 2014 überall erhältlich sein.

I'm pretty sure you'll get it at Saturn or Media Markt.

They changed the release date on iTunes in Germany to May 9th too.

maviefly;3992039 said:
The Michael Jackson newsletter from Sony Music, I surprisingly received today, says the album will be available on May 9th everywhere (in Germany):

Bestellt XSCAPE bei iTunes oder Amazon vor! Die XSCAPE Standard-Version und die Deluxe Edition werden ab dem 09. Mai 2014 überall erhältlich sein.

I'm pretty sure you'll get it at Saturn or Media Markt.

Thank You very much !!!

Release day in Japan 21th why? must be traffic jam

Even when it was officially stated Xscape will be released in Mexico on May 13, my local record store will have it 2 days later! GRRR :rant:

On the danish iTunes release date is now 9th !!!

Expected release May 9th 2014 - don't know if it's a mistake, but it says so.... (before it said May 12th!! )

Back