Xscape is the new Michael Jackson studio album, it's not a remix album

bathumph

Proud Member
Why do I say this, well

1) All tracks on the album haven't been officially released anywhere. And therefore the Timberland produced album is the first time they have been release officially.
2) A Remix is a new mix of any already released tracks, these tracks haven't been released, therefore they are not remixes.
3) All the so called original versions are Work in Progress as they weren't released first and are not on the standard Cd release. They are bonus tracks only
4) This is a legitimate release as Timberland has created a cohesive set of tracks that sound like an album and not a collection of songs. Would like to hear what Timberland would have done with APWNN
5) Everyone talks about the album isn't what MJ's vision for these tracks was, they are work in progress and they probably would have changed before officially being released. If he would have got Timberland to produce they may have sounded similar to the new release. If he was alive I suspect he would have done an album with Timberland anyway.
6) Loads of people seemed hung up about the so called original versions. The truth is they ain't very good ( except Blue Gangsta).

It's my opinion. I glad these tracks weren't released on the shabby Michael album. This album is so much better than that

While you certainly have a right to your opinion . It seems you are just baiting members for an argument. Why not just post in the discussion thread unless you are just seeking "special"negative attention. PS we already know the concept of the album. You are speaking as if these contemporised songs can take Michael place and be an official Michael Jackson Studio Album.. MJ isn't here to do a " Michael Jackson studio album" and even the producers, not even Timbaland as egotistical as he is wouldn't be so arrogant to to call it one.

From the album-booklet that disagrees with that

Posthumous albums are off course different than albums an artist finishes and releases while at the helm. Michael Jackson`s official canon-the albums, performances and short films he oversaw and realized during his lifetime- is complete. That catalog remains one of the most impressive and durable in the history of music, still inspiring new generations of fans and artists alike.

"Contemporising" Jackson`s songs, then is a kind of parallel track in keeping Jackson's legacy thriving. It is not about replacing what Jackson left behind or even about finishing a specific blueprint, without the artist here, that is impossible. Rather, it is about creatively connecting with his work about finding new and compelling ways to capture the essence, the excitement and the magic that Michael Jackson is.

Last edited:
Interested about you saying I'm negative as my posts have all been positive about the album. This post is saying we have a new Michael jackson album to listen to. That's good isn't it..

How I'm I inciting an argument more than posters saying it's not a new Michael Jackson album.

I'm happy for the moderators to move the post, as I'm a new member I don't know the etiquette about where to post. For that I apologise.

I won't apologise for being negative as I haven't been in any of my posts as I love the album and have said that. There are been far more negative posts than mine.

Interested about you saying I'm negative as my posts have all been positive about the album. This post is saying we have a new Michael jackson album to listen to. That's good isn't it..

How I'm I inciting an argument more than posters saying it's not a new Michael Jackson album.

I'm happy for the moderators to move the post, as I'm a new member I don't know the etiquette about where to post. For that I apologise.

I won't apologise for being negative as I haven't been in any of my posts as I love the album and have said that. There are been far more negative posts than mine.

Qbee is saying to respect others opinion on the album sweetie. You being positive about album has nothing to do with respecting others.

^^ No that isn't what I was saying. exactly ( I was saying respect Michael) we don't have to respect anyones opinion. we just respect their right to it. I was speaking about trying to incite or bait arguments. which may not have been Bathumph's intention. maybe he just didn't express himself clearly. maybe i over-reacted. now we will discuss

Yes we have a new Michael Jackson album and it is wonderful. He is getting lots of positive attention from it. We can agree on that. :) but to say a MJ studio album with the reasons given .. just no

But what I took offense to is that your above post seems to imply you think these producers can now just take Michaels place. That they do a better job then him. so much better you will call their work an "official Michael Jackson studio album" because, The truth is Michael versions ain't very good. (That is what I got out of your post and what I disagree with) Now maybe you just worded it wrong.or maybe Im reading it wrong. but it just didn't sit right or seem respectful of Michael to me. Sorry if I seemed harsh in my initial reply, .

Last edited:
I'll take the slap on the wrist. My apologises. I don't believe I was not respecting people's opinions I was disagreeing with them. Which is different I believe. Won't do it again

My post didn't say these producers can just take MJs place, but if we want to hear more music someone has to. I didn't imply they would do a better job than him we haven't got complete versions to compare in all cases. It's clear that I prefer the newer versions because of the instrumentation MJ's versions really sound like demos and I cant listen to Incomplete songs. Why I like the newer versions are that the vocals are clearer and more in the forefront.

^^ Sure I can see your point . i can agree or except that in part . it was just the way you laid out your initial post that concerned me. You can disagree :) I do all the time. its not always what we say but how we say it. I sometimes cross that line.. but I know how to come back.

^^ No that isn't what I was saying. exactly ( I was saying respect Michael) we don't have to respect anyones opinion. we just respect their right to it. I was speaking about trying to incite or bait arguments. which may not have been Bathumph's intention. maybe he just didn't express himself clearly. maybe i over-reacted. now we will discuss

Yes we have a new Michael Jackson album and it is wonderful. He is getting lots of positive attention from it. We can agree on that. :) but to say a MJ studio album with the reasons given .. just no

But what I took offense to is that your above post seems to imply you think these producers can now just take Michaels place. That they do a better job then him. so much better you will call their work an "official Michael Jackson studio album" because, The truth is Michael versions ain't very good. (That is what I got out of your post and what I disagree with) Now maybe you just worded it wrong.or maybe Im reading it wrong. but it just didn't sit right or seem respectful of Michael to me. Sorry if I seemed harsh in my initial reply, .

I got it wrong but agree with you qbee that no one takes Michael's place. I personally dont like his music altered because of this.

I can understand you wanting the unaltered versions, but for me I can't Listen to them as a cohesive album this I can with the newer versions. I suppose that's the good think that the record label have done by releasing both, it keeps more people happy. The positive thing about the new versions is that each producer have kept the vocals completely intact and for me that what was unique about MJ and not the instrumentation so much.

It will never be the same as MJ's real studio albums. His last album was always will be Invincible. I think we need to accept that and stop trying to make posthumous releases out to be more than what they are. Yes it's exciting to have new MJ music, and yes Xscape is a terrific release, but it is not and never will be a MJ studio album. Do you really think if MJ were alive he would've returned to songs like LNFSG or Loving You for his new album? Not a chance.

It will never be the same as MJ's real studio albums. His last album was always will be Invincible. I think we need to accept that and stop trying to make posthumous releases out to be more than what they are. Yes it's exciting to have new MJ music, and yes Xscape is a terrific release, but it is not and never will be a MJ studio album. Do you really think if MJ were alive he would've returned to songs like LNFSG or Loving You for his new album? Not a chance.

That is very true. "Michael" wasn't a Michael Jackson studio album, either.

I just feel it's somewhat silly to say that none of this album has a MJ touch. This new album is very Michael Jackson. The fact that it's modern has nothing to do with the fact that all 8 of these songs sound like Michael Jackson songs.

You can try to delude yourself that this is an official MJ studio album, but it isn't and even the album booklet admits that posthumus releases can never be like the real thing.

Back