Xscape DID Attract NEW FANS!!!

7Healme

Proud Member
Before its release, Xscape was expected to attract new fans. And I have already found it happen in my real life.
My deskmate , a devoted Justin Timberlake fan was humming “Love never Felt so Good” in one afternoon .Then she told me she had listened to MJ’s songs all night. And now a surprised result came that she fell in love with Michael’s works in early time!!!
Also,in my domestic fan club, some guys’s journey started at the hologram of “Michael” in the Billboard cereomony.However, they now find the man himself is more than amazed.
So guys , it is time to welcome our new family members!!!

Thank you. That is something several fans who are pro Xscape or posthumous albums/shows always tried to stress. Such projects, when done well, bring new fans to the fold. I am glad this happened to you on a personal level. I am always excited when younger people learn about Michel's music and become fans. It is like a new adventure for them, because they can search into something new and take part in it. I am glad they will be there to witness all the other exciting projects that the estate has planned, and I hope their experiences will be a joyous one throughout the whole process.

Same here! :D I was talking to one of my friends and mentioned Xscape. She isn't into MJ that much. Anyway, I told her to give "love never felt so good" a listen and gave her the link. She replied me back saying "hey this is actually good." :D I said enjoy the song and signed out. The next day I saw that she had left me with a message, "I think I like MJ now. Do keep suggesting me more MJ songs. :) "

Mission accomplished. :D

I literally had a 3+ hour chat with one of my friends that lives in another part of the country two days after Xscape's release. I asked her if she was buying the album, but she said "nah i'm waiting for Coldplays album to drop"... then i sent her LNFSG and after that, was history. she literally went on YT to watch everything about MJ and kept on asking questions about him and by the end of the 3+ hours of our chat, she said "I just bought the album, I think i'm in love" :lol: That was pretty awesome! :D

I feel like this is what we (Younger generation) kinda missed in the Thriller era. I was born in '88 and I'm so happy that we can see half of what it was like in '83...

L.o.v.e.
Romi

On my 'real life FB account I posted the song LNFSG
I know my real friends get sick of me and my Michael obsession ..but I juts couldn't let it be :D
Then my sisters grandson (12) commented it "How is this possible Karin? I thought he was dead ?"
Of course I explained him how and what etc ...he liked the song ...

Then yesterday we had some friends over ....suddenly my husbands friend said "Wow Karin, I really really like the new song of MJ
I felt so proud ..and already know what I am going to give him as birthday present in a bout a few weeks from now :)

Yeahhhh welcome to the new discovers

^_^ Xscape has attracted so many younger people, and I seriously feel like one of those extra proud mothers that always cheers and claps EXTRA loud! xD yesterday we had an end of the year high school party, and I was the DJ. I asked the crowd what the wanted me to play, and I honest to God expected them to say Nicki Minaj or something like that, but all I hear is Xscape. :wub: I had the entire album on repeat for the entire party and no one got tired of it. *proud moment* whenever Loving You played and Michael said "hello August moon, where are the stars of the night?" everyone would get extra excited. And then Chicago..it was amazing. Everyone was singing and dancing like it was a concert. xD I'm so lucky I was carrying the backpack with the copies of Xscape I bought with my allowance inside, cause a lot of people were asking me for the CD. I gave all 15 away, and then I gave my copy to this girl who was bummed when I told her I didn't have anymore. My dad thought I was crazy, but hey. ^.^ Xscape is just..gosh. I love it, and I'm glad others do too!

I had similar things happen at work. For a while all I played, all I listened to, was Michael. Mostly his solo stuff, but then I started tossing some older/J5 stuff in as well. Needless to say, most of my co-workers got pretty sick of it, and fast.

One co-worker, Dee, who is an MJ fan himself, gave me an especially hard time for listening to Michael all the time. Well, anyway, once Xscape came out and I started playing Love Never Felt So Good, when he heard it he literally stopped in his tracks, turned around and recognized Justin. "That's my boy!" he said (he's also a big JT fan). Then he heard Michael come in and he's just like... "Is that Michael?" I just smiled as he stood there and danced. Over time as I played other songs he would comment on how he liked them and one day I came in and he said he added Xscape to his Spotify playlist. After that he stopped giving me such a hard time :lol: He even said his favorite song was Chicago :)

Today, we were listening to music on a speaker, then Love Never Felt So Good came on which was downloaded on to his phone, I was hoping they'd say something positive about it. They did, they love it, these casual music listeners actually said Justin Timberlake ruined it. I told them about the solo version.
Another friend shared the hologram performance in hope they could go to a future hologram tour with him in it

Nice to see the positive vibe to Michael Jackson again!

Today, we were listening to music on a speaker, then Love Never Felt So Good came on which was downloaded on to his phone, I was hoping they'd say something positive about it. They did, they love it, these casual music listeners actually said Justin Timberlake ruined it. I told them about the solo version.
Another friend shared the hologram performance in hope they could go to a future hologram tour with him in it

Nice to see the positive vibe to Michael Jackson again!

In the bold now that is good news to hear. I plan to go too.

It just nice hearing an old song that Michael did back on top again i just love this song LNFSG it take you back.:clap:

Today I was watching and listening to a link Qbee shared on FB

I loved even this one and it really made me happy to see the way they performed this song LNFSG ..you can see they enjoyed singing/playing this song
it sounds a little jazzy to me :)
When I showed my son , he said : "recorded he this song 30 years ago? Phew amazing huh? it's just timeless"
I just smiled :)

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3603677157001/love-never-felt-so-good/#sp=show-clips

A lot of my facebook friends have recently liked the Michael Jackson page. It's great to see the love he's getting because of Xscape!

I love all your stories!! Xscape is classic MJ I really believe it's why it has resonated with so many ppl. It is a throwback to Off the Wall, Thriller, Bad when it was just MJ and his soulful, danceable, catchy songs that just made everybody smile, sing along and dance to the beat.

I was just talking to my nephew who lives in England who is a huge MJ fan. He loves every song, the newer and older versions. Every song is his favorite. :DHis wife who is not an MJ fan is singing LNFSG it is stuck in her head, and loves Xscape.

My KG students love LNFSG so much they would go the bathroom and sing it in there lol. It was stuck in their heads. Also APWNN was stuck in their heads. I showed them videos of LNFSG and the hologram performance and they went nuts, especially for the hologram. They would get so excited when I would put it on it was like a huge event for them. They would dance and sing to it, and this is for both songs. At the end I asked them who had 'LOVE" in their phones and a lot of them raised their hands. I kept telling them go and get the album and some of them did and they love:bow: it.

All I have to say if these 17 kids did not know who MJ was before the start of the year by the end they definitely knew all about him. (They saw Ghosts on the last day of school, RTT, Earth Song was a favorite, etc) Just to watch the excitement in their faces was precious and priceless. It reminded me of how mesmerized my nephew was at the age of 4 when he saw the MTV concert specials on TV and all his videos.

Just keep spreading the word. Michael is loved, he really is. :heart:

Just the another day the ppls across from at my apartment said that i be jamming their love hearing Michael's Xscape. I play it alot and i turn it up so all can hear it sound so good on my big tv makes you get up and dance.

so good to hear this gud vibes :) Long live MJ's legacy!

My friend who really really dislikes Michael is borrowing my copy of Xscape. So great to hear many stories of people liking Xscape.

I had a conversation with a buddy of mine about Xscape the other day. About the only MJ song he ever cared for was Billie Jean which was also his favorite song of all time. He told me that one day at work he was playing some online radio and they often would play songs off of Xscape. He went on to give the album a listen and he fell in love with most of the tracks as it sort of has that sound that he prefers which is the club/hip hop like sounds. I encouraged him to give the original tracks a try but I'll consider this progress haha. He said quite a few people at his job are in love with the album.

There have been a few times where I have played "Love Never Felt So Good" on the jukebox just so my coworkers and clientele can be exposed to it. I strategically play the JT version to catch the attention of those who otherwise likely wouldn't bother. After seeing heads bob and feet tap I knew I accomplished something hahaha. Some were unaware of the album but to my surprise quite a few had already been exposed to this. Love it or hate it both JT and the hologram (or whatever you prefer to call it) have brought a lot of positive attention to the album.

Xscape deserves all the attention it receives from the world, an icon doesn't just come from a one hit wonder! It is created through an art form that has been crafted through decades! Michael always stayed true to his perfectionist criteria, he never held back and he always pushed himself to top what he did in the past.. Although Xscape will never capture the true magnitude of excitement that surrounded his music in the 1970's & 80's I find it a beautiful sentiment to all that he was, it just goes to show that if you drive yourself to be the best, nothing can stop you from teaching that goal! Michael's genius will live on forever, no other singer will again create such a strength of Music bliss as Michael did! His art will live on for endless generations.

I feel it a good feeling to know Michael has fans around the world.Sometimes it is really hard to believe.But he deserves it.

Last edited:
He sings for the world, devoted his life to make his music perfect.At a time,i would like to argue with people on his contribution yet then i stopped to let his music do the work.Something is really hard ti explain by words,just like if u ask me,"why do u love MJ so much?",i cant give a fulfilling answer.

My dad - who is 57 years old - just bought the album....

I would have never thought that could happen...

He heard LNFSG on the radio and then wrote he liked it, then I sent him a link to Loving you - and he liked that one even better - so he bought the entire album !!

He is mostly into Frank Sinatra, Rat Pack and those great old singers. - So when I told him it was MJ and Paul Anka who wrote LNFSG he was amazed. - His favorite song is My Way - a song made famous by Elvis and mostly Frank Sinatra - and written by - Paul Anka...

He likes the slow songs the most, but he has bought more MJ songs on iTunes after he bought Xscape. - YANA is one of them. :)

^^Beautiful story. It seems Michael has songs that can fit different age groups. I can understand your dad, because sometimes I listen to slow songs, but at other times I want some more vigor, great electric guitar, quick beat, etc.

Yes he does i love listen to Michael's slow songs when the fast one come on i just get and started dancing.

He sings for the world, devoted his life to make his music perfect.At a time,i would like to argue with people on his contribution yet then i stopped to let his music do the work.Something is really hard ti explain by words,just like if u ask me,"why do u love MJ so much?",i cant give a fulfilling answer.

I know what you are going through i feel the same way. Michael was all about love he didn't want us to be angry and you are doing the right thing let his music working.

Xscape deserves all the attention it receives from the world, an icon doesn't just come from a one hit wonder! It is created through an art form that has been crafted through decades! Michael always stayed true to his perfectionist criteria, he never held back and he always pushed himself to top what he did in the past.. Although Xscape will never capture the true magnitude of excitement that surrounded his music in the 1970's & 80's I find it a beautiful sentiment to all that he was, it just goes to show that if you drive yourself to be the best, nothing can stop you from teaching that goal! Michael's genius will live on forever, no other singer will again create such a strength of Music bliss as Michael did! His art will live on for endless generations.

Amen beautiful post.

it for sure did, Im one of them, though i wouldnt call myself a new fan. Im going to post my story in the "what about us" section :)

Back