www.MichaelJackson.com will stream live coverage from the red carpet premiere in L.A

The lucky ones in the US will see the movie tomorrow… Looks like I won’t’ enter the forum tomorrow to avoid spoilers. :)

This really sucks. Sony asked us to exclusively announce this yet they send it out anyway? LOL!

The lucky ones in the US will see the movie tomorrow… Looks like I won’t’ enter the forum tomorrow to avoid spoilers. :)

Same. I might have to avoid the fourm until Saturday because that's when I go to see it.

from reuters.com -

CULVER CITY, Calif., Oct. 26 /PRNewswire/ -- When Michael Jackson's THIS IS IT
makes its worldwide premiere from Los Angeles tomorrow, Tuesday, October 27,
viewers around the world will have a chance to join in during the live webcast
of the event, which will take place at Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE in downtown Los
Angeles, beginning at 4:30 p.m. PDT.

The live webcast can be seen on www.ThisIsIt-Movie.com and www.crackle.com.
Viewers can interact by commenting and discussing on these pages during the
live coverage. The webcast will be streamed in the U.S. and around the world.
In the U.S., the webcast will be hosted by radio personalities Big Boy and
Luscious Liz, and five international hosts will webcast to their regions.

Columbia Pictures' partner on the live webcast is UStream.tv, the internet's
premiere live video platform. UStream.tv, which also webcast Michael
Jackson's memorial service to four million people, reaches 40 million viewers
per month and is the premier live video site for talent. Premiere
Entertainment will produce the webcast for Ustream.tv and Sony Pictures.

This really sucks. Sony asked us to exclusively announce this yet they send it out anyway? LOL!

Sony had actually announced this in their Michael Jackson newsletter last Friday already ;) I mentioned it in one of the earlier threads on the subject...

tii-anc.jpg

Some people said it is 11.30 PM in London, which means 30 minutes after midnight in Prague. My city is in the same time zone as Prague, btw. :)

As far as I know (if I counted correctly), its aprox. 1:00 a.m. on Wednesday (London has minus 1 hour from Prague and Bratislava, and its minus 6 hours from NY, am I right???)

Live Stream of the Red Carpet...problem!

Am I the only one who thinks that sony has ONCE AGAIN not put a lot of thought into this:
presumably MANY fans will be attending the midnight screenings (or whatever the time is in your time zone), which means standing in line.

It's at this point they will be streaming the red carpet premiere online.

Am I the only one who sees a problem: unless you have a smart phone there's no way to watch it while you're standing in line.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to allow fans in a little bit before twelve, and simulcast the premiere in the theatre leading up to the big show? That's what I would of done (and from the sounds of the original press release it sounded like that's what they were going to do).

Just another case of sony's poor planning around this whole thing.

That said, Liz Taylor says the film is great! I can't wait to see it!

Re: Live Stream of the Red Carpet...problem!

I agree for places where it's sold out, it culd get difficult.

Fortunately (or not) where I live, there'll maybe have 10 people in the theater, so I don't have to stress with that...

Yep, I'm gonna miss like everything going on tomorrow night 'cause I'll be camped outside the theater. =P I just hope the 2000 watts posters are gonna be keepin' up!

its not so much that: its just the fact that we'll be in line and not at home to watch it. it seems very strange that they wouldn't be showing it AT the theatres as well. there's technology to do so...

am i the only one seeing a problem with this: i'll be waiting in line to get good seats at my sold out theatre... how can I watch?

they should have been letting us in early, and simulcasting it to the theatre for us all to watch. something that'd be really easy to do!

Now Ihave to wear my sparkly Sweater. Now where can I get one this late?

So only websites are going to have coverage of the LA premiere? Ugh, we are leaving for NYC tomorrow afternoon to see the midnight showing on 34th st, and I really wanted to set my DVR as I will have no laptop or TV access!

:angel:prayers for all of us to get through the next 2 weeks in one piece.

They always have Music for hours at LA Live from 102.7 fm. I don't know what time to get there? They say it is 1900 hrs but the This Is It official Sony site says it is 6 hrs away, and the time is now 1040am? that means it will start at 1630 hrs? I am really confused. People are already going? huh!!
Anyone in LA help Please!!

I found this:

"A premiere of the film is scheduled for 6 p.m. at Nokia Theatre at L.A. Live, with red carpet activities scheduled to begin at 4 p.m. The event will be Webcast live at www.ThisIsIt-Movie.com and www.crackle.com. The U.S. Webcast will be hosted by radio personalities Big Boy and Luscious Liz."

Back