Wrong lyrics for 'The Lady In My Life'

UMJKtF

Proud Member
Country
Austria
I own the Thriller vinyl about 5 times and I noticed that in the two original pressings I own, the lyrics for 'The Lady In My Life' are the ones from the demo, rather than those from the finished song which landed on the album.
What I mean:

Thriller 1982 pressing + 1982 promo pressing (both from the Netherlands)
Chorus as described in the lyric sheet:
''So let me keep you warm
Through the shadows of the night
Let me touch you with my love
I can make you feel so right
Just come into my arms
While the world goes spinnin' by
And in the glow of candlelight
I will show you you're the lady in my life''

Thriller 2015 reissue + 2018 picture disc and Thriller 40 all include the correct chorus.

So I was wondering now. Is this misprint only included in the european pressings (especially those from the Netherlands, where I got mine) or is it something that all original pressings have in common?
I'd be very glad if someone owning an american 1982 pressing for example could enlighten me on this topic, as I was wondering this very question for quite some time now :)

It appears that only the European original 1982 pressings have the lyrics from the demo chorus.

For example, the Japanese original 1982 pressings have the lyrics from the finished (correct) chorus.

It appears that only the European original 1982 pressings have the lyrics from the demo chorus.

For example, the Japanese original 1982 pressings have the lyrics from the finished (correct) chorus.
That's interesting...
Thanks for letting me know 🙏

..... yet they re-released the album.... how does that even make sense
Disc 1 (the original album) has been released unaltered as it is.

Any Q produced track on the bonus disc needed an ok from Q. Starlight, GTH, She's Trouble, Carousel were cleared in 2001/2008. CGOTR in 1982.

Not sure if original full length version of TLIML was cleared or vetoed in 2008. The track was scheduled for release in 2008 on "The Essential 3.0" but got withdrawn prior to the release.

Back