billyworld99

Proud Member
i was reading about the history of hollywood walk of fame

one for the jackson 5 in 1979

as a solo artist in 1984

the jacksons in 2001

and he was inducted in the las vegas hollywood walk of fame last year

that's a great accomplishment!

The Jackson 5 and the Jacksons have one each? Haha cool!
I'm so mad at Motown for keeping the name J5.

I think you're talking about the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame. Completely different thing to the stars on the walkway, the Walk of Fame. Michael has one Walk of Fame star. He was only inducted twice to the R&RHOF, once as a solo artist in 2001 and once with the Jackson 5 in the late 90s. 'The Jacksons' were never inducted.

I think you're talking about the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame. Completely different thing to the stars on the walkway, the Walk of Fame. Michael has one Walk of Fame star. He was only inducted twice to the R&RHOF, once as a solo artist in 2001 and once with the Jackson 5 in the late 90s. 'The Jacksons' were never inducted.

no it was not the rock n roll hall of fame, the four brothers was inducted in the hall of fame in 2001 mj wasn't there and jackson 5 got one in 1979

i got this from their biography
The Jacksons, Michael and Janet all received stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1980, 1984 and 1990 respectively.

Last edited:
I did not know that the Jackson 5 and the Jacksons had stars.

I really would love to visit Michael's star though.

Hey, I have a question regarding this- I visited the Hollywood Walk of Fame today and the MJ Star was covered because they are celebrating the 50th aniversary of something in there and the MJ star is covered with the main carpet. So, I asked several people where can I find the other MJ star and nobody knows that.

Can somebody here tell me/us where are the other MJ stars?!?!

I did not know that the Jackson 5 and the Jacksons had stars.

I really would love to visit Michael's star though.
i only seen one of michaels when i went there,here is a picture i took when i was in hollywood in july of last year,

CopyofPICT0068.jpg

Last edited:
^^
Yeah, that's the wrong one. There's two Michael Jacksons on the Walk of Fame. There's the musical note one for the King of Popc and the other has a gold disc and it's a DJ. When he died the fans went to the main actual one, but some went to the other one. Maybe they didn't know, or just wanted to avoid the wait. When the Walk of Fame section with the King of Pop's star was closed off for the Bruno premiere, the fans moved to the DJ's one.

I see my question was ignored...

i'm sorry i know they covered mj star b/c of the a movie premier during the time mj passed and he has one in las vegas too and the jacksons i saw a picture of their star but don't quit know the location

^^
Yeah, that's the wrong one. There's two Michael Jacksons on the Walk of Fame. There's the musical note one for the King of Popc and the other has a gold disc and it's a DJ. When he died the fans went to the main actual one, but some went to the other one. Maybe they didn't know, or just wanted to avoid the wait. When the Walk of Fame section with the King of Pop's star was closed off for the Bruno premiere, the fans moved to the DJ's one.

..musical note? im confused..... i never saw a musical note on a star....its not a symbol for the walk of fame...

Musicians have the phonograph which is that symbol in the photo posted above. its not a dj's spin table.
The Jackson's (5) star also have the same phonograph symbol as Michaels solo career one. its for all musicians. there is no musical note as a walk of fame symbol.

the day michael got his star on the walk of fame. look real close with the one with michael...again its the phonograph.
27429586.jpg

same day
009ek.jpg

yes...the (other) Michael Jackson guy is a DJ. he has a microphone symbol for radio personalities/ DJs. so fans need to know the differences within the symbol badges..so we won't get confused.

fotoflexerphotokw.jpg

DJ's microphone thats behind flowers of mourners

michaeljacksonepicfail.jpg

musicians dont get the microphone symbol...and that makes it all the more confusing to people walking up assuming...''oh hes a singer....microphone''. :p

the Las Vegas star also has the phonograph.

I have never seen the other type of walk of fame. Seeing this thread makes me remember June 25th again..I miss him :( :( How I wish the pic he got the walk of fame was only yesterday

Isn't that the wrong Michael Jackson star?

Our Michael's has a musical note, doesn't it?

It's the correct star, it's near the Chinese theater and Kodak theater. And the DJ's star is somewhere in the suburbs of the Walk of Fame :)

Isn't that the wrong Michael Jackson star?

Our Michael's has a musical note, doesn't it?

that's the right one. MJ has the sign of a recording. the talk show host has the microphone one. Mike has three stars, not four. las vegas isn't counted as a hollywood one.

Michael's star is on Hollywood blvd, The Jacksons' star is on Vine street. Where is the third star? I can't find the info about the Jackson 5 having a star as well..

Back