Would you be happy if more official posthumous music videos were created for MJ singles/songs?

Would you be happy for more official MJ music videos to be created

• No, I wouldn't be happy

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Yes, I would be happy

Votes: 13 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lt_v92

Proud Member
Would you be happy if more official posthumous music videos (such as the ones for "Hollywood Tonight", "Behind the Mask", "Hold My Hand") were created for singles/songs without a short film? If yes, would you like them created for brand new releases or old songs (such as "Ben", "Rockin' Robin", "WBSS", "IJCSLY", "Smile", etc)? Would you like them to use lookalikes in the videos or to have no imagery of Michael performing at all? What would be some of your ideas?

I don't think they should use lookalikes because no one can duplicate MJ.

If they want to release videos for singles, they should atleast spend a decent amount of money on it and have a good concept... If they aren't gonna do any of these, then there is no point in releasing some shit low budget videos i.e. Behind The Mask.

I agree with Butterflies01. So far the posthumus videos have been disappointing. Really cheap, low budget videos. And no creativity at all, no ideas, nothing. I'm not saying they should make big budget videos like "Scream" but at least they should try and put a bit more effort in it artistically, creatively.

Unfortunately I have the feeling Michael is handled like a product by Sony and not as an artist. And just like in his life he is not respected by his record company as an artist. They just want to make money off him and it shows unfortunately on the quality of many projects they have put out (the "Michael" album plus the videos).

Rare footage, pictures of Michael. Studio recordings, concert clips we haven't seen I would be over the moon with. Just Michael, not like HMH where it's a few clips from Bucharest and fans and stuff.

I really don't know. Since being happy, excited, and joyous is something I can no longer feel now.:sad: And if and when I can handle watching Michael without wanting to cry over him again. I would L.O.V.E. to see MJ related videos and stuff that has never been seen before by his fans.

NO WAY... That posthumous crap :mat:
WHO are they gonna use??? A LOOKALIKE :beee:
THEY should have prevented his MURDER instead of having their eyes 'clogged' with $$$$ :angry:

If they had footage of Michael singing whatever song it was then yes. For example, seeing Michael and Barry Gibb singing together made it more special.

Not really, but it depends on what it is. The posthumous videos that Sony put out are nice as tribute videos, but nothing more than that. I expected a little more creativity on their part. If they're serious about making new MJ videos, at least put more effort into making a short film like Michael did. I doubt that can really happen though without Michael's input. It just feels sort of empty without it.

A high quality 2D animated music video could be awesome, and could actually feature MJ, but would require creativity and probably a decent budget. I wouldn't really be interested in watching a music video if it's similar to the videos for Hollywood Tonight, Behind the Mask, and Hold My Hand.

Well, Indeed... the MAGIC has left the building :(
WHY produce more vids... Just 'milking' the name hey...
BUT if they 'find' stuff like "Its all in your name" then okay but NOT that 'crap' they brought out... I thought they were more 'creative' though :smilerolleyes:

Yes I would be happy but please don't use lookalikes better use the idea used on Hollywood Tonight that was amazing and a good tribute.

Everything bearing Michael's name carries his legacy. These videos are sub-par and are not up to Michael Jackson standard. Short films are also becoming less relevant these days and are not as well thought through. Unless Michael had any creative input on ideas for short films .. they shouldn't be done. Simple as.

No. No Look-a-Likes either. The only good posthumous video IMHO is "Hold My Hand"
"Behind The Mask" is a great song and the lyrics has a good story line... the video had so much potential, but I didn't like the end result even with Michael Jackson fans worldWide - it looks just as or worse than the early videos on MTV from the 1st couple years. I only agree with unseen footage like MJ & Freddie or MJ & Barry etc...

A saying people in The States have always said on the subject of Michael Jackson
"Always Imitated Never Duplicated" -and- "Don't Imitate Originate"
"Like mike" By: Daniel Cloud Campos

Last edited:
I have to say no, because Michal put a lot of himself the concept of his videos, not to mention his music. Having others interpreting, or trying to, what the songs carry is bound to fail. Just like I dont like his songs being finished by others.

Yes, but only if they don't include impersonators, try to match up to the quality of music videos made by Michael during his lifetime and incorporate footage of Michael. I'm sure the Estate has archives of previously unseen professionally shot footage.

No. Just release some studio sessions video recordings.

Back