Would mj music have a big effect if he was an autotune artist?

He don't sound good with autotune.. I better prefer his true loyal music voice wub1

so... Auto tune basically did nothing in Rock With you but it COMPLETELY ruined billie jean and beat it. THANK GOD MJ didn't use auto tune.

Oh man. I see autotuning as the destruction of music.

To answer your question... would his music have a big effect, as an autotune artist? No... the flexibility of his voice is what makes the music. I don't see anyone having a big effect, because it's the total lack of originality, no matter who the artist.

Oh man. I see autotuning as the destruction of music.

To answer your question... would his music have a big effect, as an autotune artist? No... the flexibility of his voice is what makes the music. I don't see anyone having a big effect, because it's the total lack of originality, no matter who the artist.

Autotune is actually a great technique to fix some minor issues within a song. But they way they are using it now is just disastrous! :(

Auto tune is for those who cant sing. There would never be a need for MJ to use it. Its one of the worst inventions in the recording industry next to sampling.

Well, MJ didn't really need it since he was pitch perfect. Also, if had come out his music been released today I think it would have had it, because he, ultimately, would have been following trends. That is if he was a new artist. I don't know how he felt about it in his later years though. I'm sure he would've found an interesting way for its use.

I wonder if any of the 2000s tracks were recorded using auto tune. Maybe he did some with Will.I.Am since he is one of the auto tune kings.

or what about this, instead coming out in a group with his brother, he came to the music scene as a solo say in his 20's and people never heard of auto tune, and he was the first one use would auto tune be less critcized or not?

Auto tune is for those who cant sing. There would never be a need for MJ to use it. Its one of the worst inventions in the recording industry next to sampling.
Mike has used samplers & samples in some of his later songs. As far as Autotune goes, it didn't exist when those songs above were recorded. So the question is not valid, lol.

I know Mike has used sampling on the last 3 of his albums and MJ and his team used it appropriately but the way it is used today like autotune is as mentioned above, disastrous.

I feel that Auto-tune takes away the feeling, the soul in a singers voice - so no I guess not.
Michael is just Raw talent. Thats what makes the music so special.

Could you explain to me what the meaning of "sampling" is?

Taking a small section of an original song and using that sample in new production to create another song. Its most prominently used today in hip hop and pop music.

i heard some samples of MJ music on autotune. i liked it. as MJ said..great music never dies. u can't douse it.

Nahh..Michael didn't need autotune...His voice is way to amazing to mess up with that stuff.

there where a few songs he did that had a little autotune on it but we all know MJ always threw his own stink on a single so his own ablibs and sounds made his songs Original I personally think he would of hated using autotune even telling the producers

Michael:"you all are nasty just plan nasty did i ask for that on my track I'm MJ i'm all of that yo Rodney aka darkchild run that ish back turn my mic up please I said turn my mic up let me drops a few smooth love talk for my ladies hehehe i'm funny.

Sampling

Taking a small section of an original song and using that sample in new production to create another song. Its most prominently used today in hip hop and pop music.
Technically sampling existed before the actual sampling machines were invented. Basically acts like Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, Paul Butterfield, and early Fleetwood Mac "sampled" riffs and licks from old obscure blues records, and just added distortion and volume.

I'm sorry to the OP but I find this thread really stupid and pointless.

Seriously, come on. o_O

The answer is no.

He made it without autotune so why should it be?

in what songs did MJ use auto tune? :S

Autotune makes me feel physically sick, when i heard those weird sounds i get shivers and my stomach feels funny. Don't like it, don't like it at all.

this time around would have worked with it or unbreakble, but MJ didn't need no gimmicks and I'm glad he avoided doing that kind of thing back in the day.

No because its a tool that is used to make up for lack of talent and Michael was talented and didnt need to do that. Im so glad that he didnt do that and didnt try to to fit in with the times.

Back