Would be cool for Disneyland to bring back Captain EO

Gisselle

Proud Member
I have a question. Well more of a hoping it will happen. I hope Disneyland would bring back Captain EO to the theme parks as a tribute to Michael Jackson. I think that would be the best tribute Disneyland could do.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

I agree with you completely. I said the same thing earlier in another thread. Michael loved Disney and they know that, so it would be nice if they reinstated Captain EO as a tribute to him.

I was just watching Captain EO on Youtube the other day and almost every comment said that the movie Disneyland is showing at the moment is crap and they'd love for Captain EO to come back, so yeah, it's a GREAT idea. If only we could convince Disneyland now.

Boy, all Michael Jackson fans think alike. I thought about the same thing. This is a very good idea.

I think it's rather dated (the music in particular). I don't know if it would work today as a Disneyland show. It could be released as a DVD though.

Ehm, to be honest.
I think Disney is already planning to bring Captain EO back to the Disney parks, why?
Because everybody who ever let him down, is now trying to cash-in on Michaels passing including Disney.

Remember why Captain EO was replaced in the 1st place?

I think we all know why Disney had gotten rid of Captain EO. I just feel like the best tribute Disney could ever do, and in a way apologize to Michael is to reinstate Captain EO.

I think it'd be a nice gesture on Disney's part. Personally, I was introduced to Michael because of it. I remember going to Disneyland as a kid and asking "Who?" (Yes, there was a time I had no idea who he was!). As I exited the packed show I was so amazed, excited, and just in awe. I became a fan because of Captain EO and will treasure that memory.

I thought about the same thing too. I would like to see it return to Disneyland.

If they would do it, it wouldn't be for the fans or for Michael.
Well maybe to get the money out of their pockets and get more people to their parks.

The way I see it, it wouldn't feel like a Michael tribute to me.
They should just bring it to some other 3d theaters outside of the Disney parks.

Back