Would anybody else like to see a This Is It Part 2 or more footage released?

mjj19582009

Proud Member
I was wondering how everything happened during rehearsals all the songs unedited not a single song dubbed it would be wonderful too see everything Michael could do at the age of 50

What was Michael able to do at age of 50, you can hear in HN & IJCSLY. They had to dub the rest of the songs. Not because he couldnt sing anymore. Else you'll have full movie of Michael mumbeling or barely singing. Its well know he doesnt sing at rehearsals and he said he is still warming up.
What was presented in the movie was totaly alright. You see few stages of process of him. in the begining getting back in shape, to the last days (that were mostly used) in i'll say 85% back to who he was. On stage he would have been 100% like always.
It would be interesting to see maybe IJCSLY (last rehearsal) & BJ (if really rehearset lately) and Dangerous.
Over all TII is great. For more the movie would habe been to long. The extras in the blu/dvd was fine too.

I don't understand why people see mixing of few shows as bad thing.
BOW in DT dvd sucked, yes. But munich, yokohama have also shots from previous nights edited in and its not hurting and no one complaines.

I would absolutely love to see more footage of TII. The film was great, but I was a bit disappointed by the extras. It's a lot of people talking but not enough Michael. And it is particularly disappointing because we initially heard that we would get more rehearsal footage.

I would particularly love seeing the songs that were rehearsed but not shown in the movie, but other takes of songs (later performance of Billie Jean for instance), or full takes of the performances they used snippets of in the film. Any kind of uncut footage would be great - just imagine 2,5 hours of raw and uncut footage from TII like we have from the Dangerous Tour rehearsals.

^^ I would like to see some Dangerous rehearsal from TII....There are pictures....

But any extra footage would be amazing, of course....

@SoCav, you're right about the extras...There was a part where he sings some DSTYGE and they spoke over him...That just irks me lol

@SoCav, you're right about the extras...There was a part where he sings some DSTYGE and they spoke over him...That just irks me lol
:lol: I think I saw you post about that before. Totally agree though, that's definitely a pet peeve I share!

I would :heart: to see more rehearsals... I love to see how Michael creates and weaves his Magic :D
I would also love the Dangerous rehearsals on DVD or Blue ray :cheeky:

I definitely want to see more about TII!
Especially, Dirty Diana rehearsals! Or more about SM! Maybe for the 25th anniversary of TII. Too long. :wacko:

I wonder that did Michael rehearse other songs than Smooth Criminal with the outfit he was going to wear on stage? Did he rehearse Billie Jean with the hat? I would like to see more. They did rehearse Will You Be There, Heal the World, Dangerous, Don't Stop Til You Get Enough and more.

Will You Be There and few Heal the Word clips: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s830fSBGrZQ

Last edited:
What was Michael able to do at age of 50, you can hear in HN & IJCSLY. They had to dub the rest of the songs. Not because he couldnt sing anymore. Else you'll have full movie of Michael mumbeling or barely singing. Its well know he doesnt sing at rehearsals and he said he is still warming up.
What was presented in the movie was totaly alright. You see few stages of process of him. in the begining getting back in shape, to the last days (that were mostly used) in i'll say 85% back to who he was. On stage he would have been 100% like always.
It would be interesting to see maybe IJCSLY (last rehearsal) & BJ (if really rehearset lately) and Dangerous.
Over all TII is great. For more the movie would habe been to long. The extras in the blu/dvd was fine too.

I don't understand why people see mixing of few shows as bad thing.
BOW in DT dvd sucked, yes. But munich, yokohama have also shots from previous nights edited in and its not hurting and no one complaines.

I will never ever forgive them for dubbing Billie Jean. Even if he just mumbled there. I still think they shouldn't have dubbed anything. That kinda loses the purpose of rehearsal. It is obvious Michael never sang everything in rehearsals. Why change the history.
Also I would definately love to see other take of Billie Jean if he did it. WITHOUT overdubbing. And Dangerous would be cool to see.

Last edited:
I wonder that did Michael rehearse other songs than Smooth Criminal with the outfit he was going to wear on stage? Did he rehearse Billie Jean with the hat? I would like to see more. They did rehearse Will You Be There, Heal the World, Dangerous, Don't Stop Til You Get Enough and more.

Will You Be There and few Heal the Word clips: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s830fSBGrZQ

Wow, why is this the first time I see WYBT snippets with MJ in it? Awesome, I really hope we will get to see the unseen rehearsals sometime. Hopefully before a TII 10th anniversary.

I would love to see more of it.
They could release some dvds from the last night when they were rehearsing most songs and everyone there said Michael got it.
It was nice to see how Michael worked with his performances but this time I want to see full performances from one time.
I want to see how did his last Billie Jean perfomance look like
And I want no crying people and no text telling me Michael died .

I would like to see Michael rehearsing,having fun, telling people I love you and God bless you.......and one more time

I would love to see more Michael for sure. I don't watch this is it very much to be honest. It's not that I don't like it but sometimes it's too hard. I liked seeing thems show Michael rehearsing a song like 3 different times in one segment. You could see him getting stronger and i just know that if he had the chance to do 1 concert he would blown everyone away.

I want to see how did his last Billie Jean perfomance look like
They said in the documentary that the BJ performance that was the movie was the last.

I wonder why they dubbed it. It sounds great in this:

I think it was confirmed last year that there will be a TII anniversary edition when Sony lawyers denied access to TII outtakes being used in Conrad Murray's Trial because they will be used in the future for anniversary productions. I'm guessing they will do something on the 5th anniversary of the films release, a special edition with more rehearsal footage.

I can't wait for a new edition of TII no over dubbing none of that stuff just pure Michael and all the songs that he mimmed and what not but that's just me. We should start a petition after BAD 25 to give us more but not edited. I know he sang WYBT according to the The Memories of Michael featurette! I wonder how he sounded with Thriller since that's one he didn't like to sing live

I will never ever forgive them for dubbing Billie Jean. Even if he just mumbled there. I still think they shouldn't have dubbed anything. That kinda loses the purpose of rehearsal. It is obvious Michael never sang everything in rehearsals. Why change the history.
Also I would definately love to see other take of Billie Jean if he did it. WITHOUT overdubbing. And Dangerous would be cool to see.
the movie was not just for the fans, but for wider audience. We are used to that Michael isn't singing at rehearsals and thats enough for us. but you can't release something like that in the cinemas. the responses of the viewers and the critics would have been damaging. fans tend to forget that. it was rehearsals in first place, never intended to be released in that form. but now its documentary about the up coming shows.

@galactus
that segment is in the movie and not dubbed.

@mjut
that doesn't confirm anything. they said just they intend to use that material in future projects. doesn't mean it will happen.
Im sure there will be 10th anniversary edition.

Last edited:
I think it was confirmed last year that there will be a TII anniversary edition when Sony lawyers denied access to TII outtakes being used in Conrad Murray's Trial because they will be used in the future for anniversary productions. I'm guessing they will do something on the 5th anniversary of the films release, a special edition with more rehearsal footage.

That would be awesome if they released a special edition of TII this year i would buy it for sure :)
I wanna see the dangerous & dirty diana rehearsals

They could have at least released collectors fan edition where nothing is dubbed and full on rehearsals from June 23rd since Michael according to sources was energetic that day

That would be awesome if they released a special edition of TII this year i would buy it for sure :)
I wanna see the dangerous & dirty diana rehearsals

How could I forget about Dirty Diana?? :doh:

Did he actually get to rehearse it though? I don't remember....

the movie was not just for the fans, but for wider audience. We are used to that Michael isn't singing at rehearsals and thats enough for us. but you can't release something like that in the cinemas. the responses of the viewers and the critics would have been damaging. fans tend to forget that. it was rehearsals in first place, never intended to be released in that form. but now its documentary about the up coming shows.

@galactus
that segment is in the movie and not dubbed.

@mjut
that doesn't confirm anything. they said just they intend to use that material in future projects. doesn't mean it will happen.
Im sure there will be 10th anniversary edition.

Yes, that's obvious. Though my post was from a fans point of view not casual audience point of view. I understand they had to do it but I still can't forgive anyway :p

BTW here is the live snippet of BJ which is other angle and dubbed over in movie. It really sounded great to me.. 0:13 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnpx42yv7h8&t=13s

How could I forget about Dirty Diana?? :doh:

Did he actually get to rehearse it though? I don't remember....

As far as I know MJ didn't, but some of his dancers. I think he was supposed to rehearse it on the 25th when the illusion-engine (to disappear from the bed and reappear on the cherry picker for Beat It) arrived.
:sad:

As far as I know MJ didn't, but some of his dancers. I think he was supposed to rehearse it on the 25th when the illusion-engine (to disappear from the bed and reappear on the cherry picker for Beat It) arrived.
:sad:

Ah ok...that's right...He was supposed to on the 25th :(

Well, it'd still be cool to see the concept of what he wanted to do....:)

Yeah he did rehearse Dirty Diana its on the poster on the right hand side where MJ is with Orianthi , with the red lighting and smoke. I asked Ori on twitter and she confirmed it.

He did rehearse it but I assume he didn't sing it just some of it possibly of the songs he mimmed. You can see it on the Unfinished rehearsals he's watching*tony Testa on the bed and Michael and orthiani are watching him

i would LOVE to see ALL of the this is it footage! all 80 plus hours.. there are tons of songs rehearsed that werent in the film. "dirty diana" "we are the world" "heal the world" dangerous" "will you be there" "dont stop till you get enough" plus all of the creative meetings between Michael and others working on the tour, as well as the dance studio rehearsals... and think of all the genius ideas michael talked over, think about all the little cute jokes michael told, seeing michael happy and ready. i would give anything to see it ALL

Back