World Hockey Champion 2011 Thread

PoP

Proud Member
Country
Canada
I started World Hockey Champion thread. And Canada vs Belarus game has just started right now on TSN.

Yayy, thanks for the thread ;) I'm so excited it's THAT time of the year again!!!

I'm all for Finland naturally, we'll start tomorrow against Danmark, can't waittt!!!

ps. Nice job for Germany winning Russia! :bugeyed

You're welcome. I like to see Canada go for it. I'm gonna watch it the game shortly.

I live in Latvia (a small country near Baltic sea and Poland).
My country only for once won Russia.
Info - ''In later years the Latvians have taken a bite out of the other teams and they have confirmed many times that they quite deserve their place among the best sixteen teams in the world. In 2000, as goalie Artur Irbe has described it, “One of the most famous and most beautiful days in Latvian history occurred.” – at the World Championship in St. Petersburg, the Latvians beat the favoured Russian team 3-2 and slammed the door shut to the quarter-finals for the home team.''

Aww, Slovenia fought well against Slovakia!

Tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow! What could I do for it to come faster.. :timer: :sarmoti

Games today -

<table cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>Sat, April 30
</td><td>

</td><td>16:15 D
</td><td>Bratislava
</td><td>
RTEmagicC_FIN-flag_06.jpg.jpg

</td><td>Finland
</td><td>vs.
</td><td>
RTEmagicC_DEN-flag_05.jpg.jpg

</td><td>Denmark
</td><td>
</td></tr><tr class="even"><td>Sat, April 30
</td><td>

</td><td>16:15 C
</td><td>Ko&#353;ice
</td><td>
RTEmagicC_USA-flag_04.jpg.jpg

</td><td>USA
</td><td>vs.
</td><td>
RTEmagicC_AUT-flag_08.jpg.jpg

</td><td>Austria
</td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>Sat, April 30
</td><td>

</td><td>20:15 D
</td><td>Bratislava
</td><td>
RTEmagicC_CZE-flag_10.jpg.jpg

</td><td>Czech Rep.
</td><td>vs.
</td><td>
RTEmagicC_LAT-flag_05.jpg.jpg

</td><td>Latvia
</td><td>
</td></tr><tr class="even"><td>Sat, April 30
</td><td>

</td><td>20:15 C
</td><td>Ko&#353;ice
</td><td>
RTEmagicC_NOR-flag_05.jpg.jpg

</td><td>Norway
</td><td>vs.
</td><td>
RTEmagicC_SWE-flag_08.jpg.jpg

</td><td>Sweden
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Re: World Hockey Championship 2011

Oh.. have all the threads from GD disappeared?? :unsure:

Watching the FIN - DEN game right now, looking good :) 3-0 atm.

* edit. We have now two threads for this..

Re: World Hockey Championship 2011

Oh.. have all the threads from GD disappeared?? :unsure:

Watching the FIN - DEN game right now, looking good :) 3-0 atm.

* edit. We have now two threads for this..

Lol, yes I just saw it.. When I created this thread, it was the only one in ''sports'' section, so I thought that all other threads are deleted, so moved the thread about hockey here. I'm going to rename thread to ''World Hockey Championship 2011 - News, Schedule, Info''

Oh dear, I watched last two periods of the CAN-FRA game.. it was quite rueful to watch. Poor France, they are in totally different league than Canada.

I'm surprised how much Russia has struggled in its first games. They seem not to be nearly as good as I thought..

GERMANYYY!!! WOW!!! I was so excited it was if I was watching Finland playing :D I'm loving the fact that the underdogs are outplaying the big countries! (As long as it doesn't include Finland.. :p)

Last edited:
Jaromir Jagr with a hattrick vs USA today. The third goal was a thing of beauty! LEGEND :)

Want some Jagr peanut-butter? ;)

jaromir-jagr-peanut-butter.jpg

^ That hair :rofl: But yeah, Jagr is a living legend.

Two games left anymore :( (for each country)

The one, I hope the final will be a classic match between Sweden and Finland

Thank you, Lesky :) And did you guys SEE Mikael Granlund's goal?! The world will hear about this boy..

The one, I hope the final will be a classic match between Sweden and Finland
And it will ;) Can't wait, though I'm also nervous because it will be a tough match!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I'm CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finallllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy after 16 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE MY COUNTRY

So do I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O-M-G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is just... Words can't describe how good this is. The whole country has gone crazy, partying on the streets! We did it, epic win.

Last edited:
Back