Wore the same shoes every time???

Tenacious D

Proud Member
Did I hear something incorrectly or did the costume guy say that Michael wore the same pair of loafers for every performance he has done?

I can't remember. I remember Marlon at the memorial talking about Michael and he wore the same shoes that's how he knew it was him in disguise.

Michael said that he has like, 100 pair of loafers.....obviously they're all the same....the only shoes he can dance in, he says!

Michael said that he has like, 100 pair of loafers.....obviously they're all the same....the only shoes he can dance in, he says!

I wonder how Mike comes to these shoes... These are the only shoes I can't dance so good in, I mean I can dance, it is no problem but it's the only shoes dancing is really hard and tough in and everytime after I'm finished with a performance my feet hurt really bad...! :D

I wonder how Mike comes to these shoes... These are the only shoes I can't dance so good in, I mean I can dance, it is no problem but it's the only shoes dancing is really hard and tough in and everytime after I'm finished with a performance my feet hurt really bad...! :D

i was wondering the same thing....i can't dance, i so i guess i wouldn't know...but i guess, to him, they're super comfy...

well theyre not all the same. Some are different styles.

According to Michael Lee Bush he has one kind for performing and one kind for street. Bass W(hateve-ens) were one kind, can't remember the other kind possible - Sebago if those at MSG were representative of the usual ones he wore.

yeah, idk, but I just remember reading from someone that worked with him that he wore bass weejuns. I saw them at the store before and wanted to buy some just cause Michael wore them!!! But they're for boys :(

My grandpa wears the same kind of loafers as MJ with his suits. hehe

I love those shoes!

Same! Some of them are quite heavy as well.

I dont really buy it when people tell me that the loafers he wore were just regular loafers that you can get from any shop.

All the ones ive ever found in a shop are quite heavy and rough. I think the ones he wore were much lighter and flexible.

The shoes he had on the TII rehearsals, were definetly not the same as the 100's of pairs he had on the past tours, videos and etc.
you can see that they were not comfortable, heavy and he couldn't dance and do side-walk easily. Even he was out of shape, because he hadn't dance for so many years, those shoes he had on were mistake. The sole of the shoes were not utilized, like the others he used all the time. They were just toooo new.

That's my impression. To me it looked like he'd struggle with them.

The shoes he had on the TII rehearsals, were definetly not the same as the 100's of pairs he had on the past tours, videos and etc.
you can see that they were not comfortable, heavy and he couldn't dance and do side-walk easily. Even he was out of shape, because he hadn't dance for so many years, those shoes he had on were mistake. The sole of the shoes were not utilized, like the others he used all the time. They were just toooo new.

That's my impression. To me it looked like he'd struggle with them.

Maybe he was breaking them in for the tour :)

I can't remember. I remember Marlon at the memorial talking about Michael and he wore the same shoes that's how he knew it was him in disguise.

Marlon meant he could recognize michael by just looking of how Michael walked, he knew his bodylanguage because he was his brother.

I can dance better in my MJ loafers than any other shoe, but if for the past several months I've been using my tennis than it takes a little getting used to when going back to the loafers.

Its how all his loafers left on the inside the guy said. So he had to design the new shoes so they felt exactly like Michael's loafers inside...

Back