Wonderful things other people have said about Michael :

billyworld99

Proud Member
"Watching Michael work was like watching what Michelangelo must have gone through. He was a genius."
-Frank Dileo

** "No other entertainer could have drawn people from so many walks of life. Every creed, race and nationality was represented. People of all ages and religious denominations had flown in and had dedicated themselves to Michael. The fans who were there created a synergy that was undeniable."
-Aphrodite Jones

Michael Jackson did something that no one else in history has managed - he connected with people on every level imaginable, all over the world. He seemed to speak to people at their very core and achieved the impossible. He reached people on a deep emotional level. And that is what any great artist or showman dreams of doing. That is why Michael Jackson was so special to me."
-David Blaine, Illusionist

...and this man was singing a song for an audience of one, me. It wasn't just the fact that he was singing for me, it was the absolute stunning clarity of his a cappella voice. The hair on my arms stood up, I was moved to tears."
-Steve Whitsitt (photographer who shot a series of stills for the cover of "Smile" in 1994 based on Charlie Chaplin's classic movie, "The Kid"

He'd ask me to come down to Hayvenhurst, his home then, and watch him testing moves and I'd get very emotional. I literally would be teary-eyed; He'd make his body move in ways that were jaw-dropping. I don't believe that there will ever be anyone who reaches anywhere near his level of talent. When Michael hit that stage he transformed into a performer that will never exist again."
-Paula Abdul

"We had very similar experiences in childhood. We're both going to be 8 years old forever in some place because we never had a chance to be 8 when we actually were....Neverland is still the only place on earth where I feel absolutely, 100 percent comfortable." Macaulay Culkin

There's a special connection between music and fashion. In both of these fields, there are artists and there are icons. Artists perform-icons amaze. Artists create-icons inspire. Artists are on-trend - icons set trends. When somone mentions Michael Jackson or when you hear his music or watch him dance, your eyes are drawn to his presence, his movement and the way he used his own personal sense of fashion to delight, inspire and entrall us.
-Kimora Lee Simons (fashion designer for Michael Jackson - Opus pg. 227)

** Taking about Michael Jackson - "It's not hard to become famous. It's not hard to have a hit record, but it's very difficult to maintain your high level career."
-Frank Dileo

The first time I got a chance to meet Michael was onstage at Madison Square Garden. There were tons of people on the stage, and I just remember losing my mind. Like, Oh my God, that's Michael Jackson right there. I was just over his right shoulder. And then when I finally got a chance to get on the stage with him, I was just shut down. He had the type of magic that you just bowed to. I just said, "I love you, and I know you've heard it a million and one times from fans all over the world, but you've meant so much to me as an entertainer, and I love you, and I've admired you all these years."
-Usher

"What I picked up on Michael Jackson - because I study people when I watch them - the way that he counts his rhythm with his feet and his neck at the same time is crazy... so he's hearing multiple things at once. And I don't know anybody who does that."
-Wyclef Jean

A friend, whom we'll call MD was working for the Louvre. One day, he received a telephone call asking: "Could you arrange for Michael Jackson for a private visit to the museum?" Of course he could! And this experience marked him for life.

On arrival Michael was joined by his two children and bodyguards. MD did not know what to expect. He had received stars like Mick Jagger or Bruce Willis or many politicians demanding a personalized visit to the museum.
This latter star was really qute different because Michael Jackson had the soul of a child. He amused himself on the escalators, trying to descend while they were going up. He would run in the hallways, playing hide and seek.

"He was always smiling and nice to everyone," says MD, "I've never seen anyone like him." "He also had a very sensitive nature. When he liked a work of art he was so moved he began to cry. When I showed him the Mona Lisa, he burst into tears and we had to take a break while he recuperated his wits. "

"He had a really immense and incredible charisma," remembers MD. "And let me say that I was there making small hand movements like a child. (not sure if he's talking about waving goodbye here) Michael Jackson sat in the back seat of his taxi, and gestured goodbye to me, as if I was his best friend. I immediately became a fan. That was truly an extraordinary human being. "

Now MD belongs to a different museum.
He is remembering the image of empty corridors of the Musee du Louvre where Michael Jackson will never come to run again.

This guy had the biggest heart of anybody and really really did care about improving the human condition, especially for children, and that was part of his mission. While he was on tour, he always wanted to know what he could do in each place, so that when he left, he left a place better, having been there ... and how many people can you say that about?"
-Kenny Ortega

"When we worked together on `Bad,' I was in awe of his absolute mastery of movement on the one hand, and of the music on the other. Every step he took was absolutely precise and fluid at the same time. It was like watching quicksilver in motion."
-Martin Scorsese.

"Often with public figures we see much, yet understand little - so, too, with Michael. The lens of public scrutiny can magnify both strengths and short comings and provide a distorted image. The glare of the spotlight can blind us to who people really are, in all their complexity. But the struggle to understand another's complexity should be embraced - for it gives us an opportunity to better understand our own."
-Rev.Jesse Jackson

On `Earth Song' I was the military guy that would come out of a tank that was used during the show. It was unbelievable; somehow I'd become a Michael Jackson fan that got to dance with Michael Jackson! I spent a lot of time wondering, "what the hell did I do right to deserve this?""
-Cris Judd

"I haven't been to Michael's concerts before. I ain't seen nothing like it! He should change his title from King of Pop to King of Music!"
-Rodney Jerkins, song writer, musician, producer

Listen, Michael Jackson is really funny. To have time to spend with him and actually be around him, he's not what....people think he is. Michael Jackson's like a black belt too, so he will kick your ass if you say somethin' about him." In disbelief the interviewer replied "No, really?" to which Will said, "Yes, Michael Jackson kicked over my head!"
-Will Smith

* * "He's a wonderful, caring man..... I believe that there are some people who should be parents and he's one of them., and he is such a fabulous man and such a good friend and he's always been there for me, always, from the day I met him."
- Debbie Rowe

Whether we cherish the moonwalking "Gloved One" of yore or the generous humanitarian of the past few decades, one thing is certain; Michael Jackson will always be the King Of Pop - a kind and benevolent guardian who has never fled from the regal responsibility that accompanied his crown."
-Essay Writer from the Michael Jackson Opus

* * "We cannot see him now, but we can feel him and all we need is just to turn on his music and he is back to life."
-Helia Saber, Iran

If there was ever a spirit that could say had a magical quality in terms of a personality .... he was so sweet and fun loving and there was this enormous magnetism he had, especially when he would laugh at something that really tickled him. He had an infectious laugh. He was a joyus, open soul."
-Suzanne De Passe about Michael (Mentor to the young J5)

Maybe I was in a daze and floating on the fact that I was about to meet the world's biggest superstar......And then all of a sudden I heard from around the corner this amazing voice singing. The vocals grew louder and more beautiful as they got nearer, until Michael entered the room smiling and singing. Oh wow! You can hear him sing on stage and on record, but nothing can compare to hearing him sing unaccompanied right next to you! His electric presence illuminated the room and I couldn't help but stare at his distinguished appearance and gazelle-like movements."
-Adrian Grant, Author

Frank Sinatra: "The only male singer who I've seen besides myself and who's better than me--that is Michael Jackson."

Fred Astaire: "That's the greatest dancer of the century. I didn't want to leave this world without knowing who my descendant was. Thank you, Michael."

I have to look up which paper had this headline back in the 80s when Michael toured:
"MICHAEL JACKSON SAYS 'EEOWWWWWW!'. EUROPE SURRENDERS."

He was a really good guy. He was humble. He had attained a level of success we can only dream of..taught more lessons through actions than even verbal messages.

I think Mike was aware of his power. I think Mike was aware of his place in society and as an entertainer. He was so big he had to speak in a whisper to make people comfortable. That's pretty big.

One thing Mike did help me realize was how much art affects people and how important art is. When you think about artists and the contribution they make to society, the art really does outlive the artist.

Thriller was absolutely his Mona Lisa..

His legacy is joy, love, happiness, peace, friendship, unity...."

LLCoolJ

There is more but here is the link to hear for yourselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mUXx...=youtube_gdata

Alicia Keyes about Michael after he died:
"It's not about how many breaths you take, but how many times you take people's breath away."

"My mind understands that he is no longer with us, but my heart and soul just cannot seem to grasp it. Michael's music has been the soundtrack of my life and now when I hear one of his songs my eyes automatically begin to fill with tears. Then I check myself; for as long as I can still grove to his music, it's easier for me to believe that Michael's somewhere in the universe doing his thing. I don't like being reminded that he died. Greatness doesn't die. Legends don't die. Michael's talent overshadowed his enormous humanitarian spirit; his music brought all of us together. He will never be forgotten. Peace, Michael."
-Shaquille O'Neal

"I got a sense that when Michael danced it came from a different place, a spiritual and artistic place, and it felt good. There are absolutely no words to describe the experience of performing live with Michael, especially in front of thousands of fans. Working with him was a dream come true. I fell in love with Michael Jackson when I first saw him perform as a child."
-Travis Payne

"What can one say about Michael Jackson? He is one of the world's most acclaimed entertainers, an innovative and exciting songwriter whose dancing seems to defy gravity and has been heralded by the likes of Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly.

His public is perhaps unaware of the extent of his dedication to his craft. Restless, seldom satisfied, he is a perfectionist who is constantly challenging himself. To many people Michael Jackson seems an elusive personality, but to those who work with him, he is not. This talented artist is a sensitive man, warm, funny, and full of insight."
-Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis

When he sings, it is with the voice of angels. When his feet move, you can see God dancing."
Bob Geldolf when presenting Michael Jackson with a special award in 1996

[This Is It] Watching it got me thinking about how fully Jackson fit the profile of great bosses that I've been developing throughout the past couple of decades....on stage, he was efficient, guided and guiding, a master at work - not just a master performer, but an uplifting manager. Like all of the great managers I've studied, the ones I came to call "gifted bosses," he was conscious of creating something special. And he made everyone else fully conscious of it, too. There was never a "good enough" moment.
-Dale Dauten

"He dances with the breathtaking verve of his predecessor James Brown, the beguiling wispiness of Diana Ross, the ungainly pathos of Charlie Chaplin, the edgy joy of a man startled to be alive."
-Jim Miller

"What is a genius? What is a living legend? What is a megastar? Michael Jackson -- that's all. And when you think you know him, he gives you more. I think he is one of the finest people to hit this planet, and, in my estimation, he is the true King of Pop, Rock and Soul."
-Elizbeth Taylor

"We were singing the song, and all the time I was showing it to him I was wondering, "Can he reach those high notes?" Finally we took a try at it... and he just reached it first time, no effort at all.
-Freddie Perren

"Michael Jackson was extraordinary, When we worked together on 'Bad,' I was in awe of his absolute mastery of movement on the one hand, and of the music on the other. Every step he took was absolutely precise and fluid at the same time. It was like watching quicksilver in motion. He was wonderful to work with, an absolute professional at all times, and it really goes without saying... a true artist. It will be a while before I can get used to the idea that he's no longer with us."
-Martin Scorsese

This blessed artist commanded the stage with the grace of an antelope, shattered recording industry records and broke down cultural boundaries around the world, yet remained the gentlest of souls.

He was so shy he'd sit down and sing behind the couch with his back to me while I sat there with my hands over my eyes with the lights out

I think the thing for him was that he was that complete triple threat. He could sing like nobodies business, he could dance like nobodies business. Electric performances so every time he hit the stage no matter what he was doing, no matter what type of song he was doing, all eyes were on him.

I think Michael Jackson was a sheer natural, dropped on this earth by "The Most High" to show everyone how to do it and he did it. He was born with that talent, you don't learn it. No one teaches you how to be Michael Jackson in grade school.

The true, true stars are people with unique and unbelievable talent like no one else. He didn't sound like anyone else, he didn't dance like anyone else and he didn't perform like anyone else, the songs weren't like anyone else and he had that special something that only stars have. They're a lot of people that assume they're stars, he was a real star.

Around the world this guy is held up in honor as the greatest entertainer. He transcended every thing. He was that uber star, not just a regular star.

I think now people are trying to remember the joy that he brought into everyone's lives and also the sheer greatness of his talent, which is what you should be applauding at this time. This is one of those times in our lifetimes that we saw a real beacon.
-Randy Jackson

We Had Him

Beloveds, now we know that we know nothing, now that our bright and shining star can slip away from our fingertips like a puff of summer wind.

Without notice, our dear love can escape our doting embrace. Sing our songs among the stars and walk our dances across the face of the moon.

In the instant that Michael is gone, we know nothing. No clocks can tell time. No oceans can rush our tides with the abrupt absence of our treasure.

Though we are many, each of us is achingly alone, piercingly alone.

Only when we confess our confusion can we remember that he was a gift to us and we did have him.

He came to us from the creator, trailing creativity in abundance.

Despite the anguish, his life was sheathed in mother love, family love, and survived and did more than that.

He thrived with passion and compassion, humor and style. We had him whether we know who he was or did not know, he was ours and we were his.

We had him, beautiful, delighting our eyes.

His hat, aslant over his brow, and took a pose on his toes for all of us.

And we laughed and stomped our feet for him.

We were enchanted with his passion because he held nothing. He gave us all he had been given.

Today in Tokyo, beneath the Eiffel Tower, in Ghana's Black Star Square.

In Johannesburg and Pittsburgh, in Birmingham, Alabama, and Birmingham, England

We are missing Michael.

But we do know we had him, and we are the world.

-Maya Angelou

Here is an excerpt from an interview with actor,Wesley Snipes, who was in the BAD short film with MJ:

Q: What do you think about Jay-Z commenting that "We Are The World" should have been left alone because an icon did it, and it should not have been recreated?

WS: Well, I understand the motivation behind it, but I don't really have a critical comment about it. am more critical about how Michael was treated, more than anything else. I think that he was an angel sent to us, and I think that we might have to reflect on how well we took care of him. People like to say, "Oh, people around him were bad and they didn't do right by him." But I think this is collective too. Because I don't know the last time, and I can't remember any other artist that attracted that much energy and projected that much power. That was that creative, and affected so many people, and was such a diplomat for America, and a champion for American culture, and African-American people worldwide. People wanted to move to America because of Michael Jackson. Industry changed, the music industry changed, because of Michael Jackson. That's a gift to us, and, you know, I am concerned that the Good Lord may not send another one because we did not take good care of him (Michael Jackson)."

MJ choreographer, Vincent Paterson :
(Jackson) never said a mean thing to anybody," said Paterson. "He is very much alive in my mind and always in my heart."

To Paterson, Jackson was the catalyst of his success, not the misconstrued image concocted by the tabloids. "I lived with Michael through all of those years with the press," Paterson said. "I would sit in the trailer and he would cry. He would say `I don't understand why they want to tear me apart.'"

The 59-year-old, who lives in California's Hollywood Hills, occasionally hears Jackson's soft voice in his head - a voice he can imitate almost perfectly. "He always told me to let the music talk to you," Paterson said. "Don't ever impose your thoughts on the music. The music will tell you what it wants to do."

Continued --->
My biggest influence is Michael Jackson. I danced to all of his music growing up. I only hope to impact the world a fraction of how he has."- Jason Derulo

Seth Riggs
"He's the most natural, loving person I've ever known, a very good person, as corny as that sounds."

Joe Jackson
"He wasn't ever really interested in money. I'd give him his share of a night's earnings and the next day he'd buy ice cream or candy for all the kids in neighborhood."

Stevie Wonder
"Michael's a natural. He's a very hard worker and a super performer. But most of all, he's a real human being."

Quincy Jones
"He was like a sponge. Michael showed a curiosity for everything. It was unbelievable in someone so young. I appreciated watching it work."

Enid Jackson
"If the media would just tell it like it is about Michael, without destroying it and twisting it, maybe he would be more cooperative with the press. But he has been hurt a lot by the media. Even when he gives an interview and the story comes out all right, someone else will inevitably twist what he said. Michael can't win, really. That hurts him. He's not stupid. He knows how to avoid getting hurt by this vicious cycle."

Frank Dileo
"He's not afraid to look into the worst suffering and find the smallest part that's positive and beautiful."

thanks to my friend for sharing this!!

Thank you for posting this- it brought tears to my eyes.

He was truly a gift from heaven - an angel sent from above and like W.Snipes said, I don't think we will ever get another one knowing how badly we treated our beautiful angel.

Thank you for posting this- it brought tears to my eyes.

He was truly a gift from heaven - an angel sent from above and like W.Snipes said, I don't think we will ever get another one knowing how badly we treated our beautiful angel.

you're very welcome dispite of all the madness with the media and everything at the end of the day the human being he was is what's matter and that's outshines everything thank u for sharing your talent and your love michael

Awww, thanks for those. So beautiful. I have about that many saved on my computer too, but it's broken right now. =( When it's fixed, I'll find this thread and post them.

Just makes me cry.... thank you for sharing.
As perfect as a human being can be, that's Michael Jackson. :wub:

Aww that's so sweet of them !
God bless them all & God bless Michael :angel:

Thank you sooooooooooooo much for posting. He is indeed one of a kind.

:cry: those words are very sweet to my heart, we are so blessed to have knew this angel - thank you for sharing :wub:

Those were all cool but I don't believe that frank Sinatra said that... what's your source? The Wyclef quote was interesting as well.

i love him! i cant say it enough you guys! i love him from the deepest core of my feelings!!!

thanks for posting. couldnt stop the tears :D

Back