Votes: 45 55.6%
  • NO

Votes: 36 44.4%

• Total voters

MichaelJacksonOne

Proud Member
I dont
$ONY SUCKS we need a true new album.This is a compilation
With the midnight release of Michael Jackson's single "This Is It," some are now claiming this song is not so new.

That stems from reports that a similar song was written by Jackson and Paul Anka back in the 1990s under the title "I Never Heard" for the female Latin singer SaFire. A version of "I Never Heard" has been posted to YouTube .

When Sony was asked by The New York Times about the origin of the song, Rob Stringer, chairman of the Columbia/Epic Label Group, a Sony division, said that until this was pointed out by fans, he had not known about the connection.

"I really have no idea what the origins of the song are," Stringer told The New York Times .

Go ahead. Don't buy it so that everyone can say MJ is a failure.

That'll teach em......

I hope the 2nd disc will come out with loads of secret songs that sony didnt want to reveal yet but even if it isnt and is as advertised then i will buy it for the booklet and the poem // Also get MJ up to the top of the album charts

I hope the 2nd disc will come out with loads of secret songs that sony didnt want to reveal yet but even if it isnt and is as advertised then i will buy it for the booklet and the poem // Also get MJ up to the top of the album charts

My sentiments are exactly the same!
I like the song even though it's slightly unfinished and an older song, I think ( I hope) together with the images of the movie, the song will be more powerful.
It's really too bad that we'll never have another video to accompany a "new" song or previously unreleased song, because MJ sure knew how to work the magic on combining the two.

Oh well, I will probably buy it anyway. Don't forget that 90% goes to the estate! ( Or is that only for the movie and not everything affiliated with it ? UGHHH, I hope not)

The only thing I am still considering is whether to buy it straight away or wait until it's cheaper. It would be only for the poem, the booklet and the This Is It song which I happen to like! Eveything else ( the other songs) I already have so many times with all those collection albums. But still...

yes i am. the song is not very good. it is not catching at all. michael voice is not very strong. it is without doubt a very weak song , this is why he never released it while he was alive and was not planning on doing so... this is sony again cashing in. as for the brothers who can not sing doing back up. mj would turn in his grave over this. remember he did not like working with his family.in other words he knew they were not a great backing band and dont get me started on jermaine jacksons crap version of smile. if your going to sing this song with millions of people watching at least get the words right

The song is awesome ! I love it !!!! And,yes,I'll buy the new album.I don't care about sony and what other are thinking. I'll buy the album because I want Michael on the top of the album charts !:yes:

what is this? a damn invasion or something?
good god
there are like already more than ten threads about this if you don't want to buy the soundtrack then fine don't buy it
jeez no one is pointing a gun to you're head
and hell yea I'm gonna buy it the new song is awesome!

I'll buy the album to support Michael and to get the booklet =D and the single which is not that great, but i guess that we shouldn't let michael down lets show some support =)

yes i am. the song is not very good. it is not catching at all. michael voice is not very strong. it is without doubt a very weak song , this is why he never released it while he was alive and was not planning on doing so... this is sony again cashing in. as for the brothers who can not sing doing back up. mj would turn in his grave over this. remember he did not like working with his family.in other words he knew they were not a great backing band and dont get me started on jermaine jacksons crap version of smile. if your going to sing this song with millions of people watching at least get the words right

I 10000% totally agree with you on the family being a backing up vocals, and what makes me sick is jermaine's version of smile which is the sickest ever, i guess someone told him that he got a beautiful voice, he went very excited he's doing it again and again duh~

I don´t know yet. I´ll probably decide at the store.
By the way, I like the "new" song very much. (beside the quality...) I´ve heard it all day long! But I still get a bad feeling, when I read "This is it" and think about Sony, AEG and all that annoying stuff. Don´t know either about buying the movie, when the DVD comes out...

Unless they add something more interesting to me on the second disk then no, I personally will not be adding another "greatest hits" to my collection. I love ya Mike and Lord knows I love your music but I don't need another "hits" album.

No No NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I will never support sony again nothing but the devil period. But this is it single will remain in one of my collects but they can take that album and stick it up their ass's I love my Michael no matter what!! me just can't stands no more

I wont be buying the soundtrack, but will purchase the This is It Single.

Presumably this box set will complete MJs obligation to Sony? I just have so many best of CDs!

good god
there are like already more than ten threads about this if you don't want to buy the soundtrack then fine don't buy it

AMEN!!!:clapping:

AND IF YOU AIN'T BUYING... DON'T STEAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bugeyed

THANK YOU KINDLY.:agree:

Tired of all these repackaged Greatest Hits albums, BUT I Will buy this one, only for the poem and because money goes to the children.

Go ahead. Don't buy it so that everyone can say MJ is a failure.

That'll teach em......
:rollin:
I agree!

the new song is crap
I actually love the song.

The song is awesome ! I love it !!!! And,yes,I'll buy the new album.I don't care about sony and what other are thinking. I'll buy the album because I want Michael on the top of the album charts !:yes:
:clapping:
good god
:clapping:

I think there will be DEFINITELY singles of the '''new'' TII song so why rush and buy the album? Who'd ever imagined they'll bring a KOP for his 50's bday w/ old songs? We thought there will be something NEW. I honestly still don't know if I want the WHOLE album but, since I want the booklet lol..

Oh and I LOVE the TII song tho!:wub:

they way sony uses us?
Hm.
i think i won,t.
Only for one old "new" song and the poem?
I find that on the internet somewhere to dwnload.......

good god

i agree , it's awesome ........
i REALLY liked it :)

I still haven't decided yet, I may well get my parents to buy it for my 22nd birthday next month - I wanted to know how much of the money made from sales goes to the estate first though...anyone know?!? x

It's about 50/50. Surprising result for an MJ forum. I will buy it but this is the absolute last time I will buy a greatest hits package. I mean it $ony.

sony screwed it up,maybe even on purpose ,the song is not even completed and the sound quality is bad,plus they refuse to sell it as single,how could sony possibly be so mean ?pure evil

I have already bought this album because I like a poem, I like to listen to Michael's voice

Back