Will You Be There - Charity Tribute

Rockin.

Proud Member
I posted this in tabloid talk yesterday but it completely disappeared, I've searched but I can't find it.

Aug 13 2009 9:15 AM EDT
Usher, Whitney Houston, Others To Record Michael Jackson Tribute

'Will You Be There' also reportedly to include Wyclef, Jermaine Jackson, Dionne Warwick and Lionel Richie.

By Gil Kaufman

Views 2,148
  • Favorites
  • Comments3
  • Rating100%

Rate this Article

Two different, star-studded tributes to Michael Jackson have begun to take shape.

The first, according to TMZ, is an all-star remake of the late pop singer's "Will You Be There" that will reportedly feature vocals from Usher, Wyclef Jean, Jermaine Jackson, Whitney Houston, Lionel Richie and Dionne Warwick. (John Mayer was also said to be participating, but his spokesperson told MTV News that TMZ's report was false.)

That effort is reportedly being led by Shawn King, wife of TV talker Larry King, who will also lend her vocals to the song. King told TMZ she's not yet sure if Jennifer Hudson — who performed the song at last month's memorial service for Jackson — will participate in the tribute because she has just given birth to her first child. Proceeds from the song, the release date of which has not yet been announced, will be split 50/50 between the Larry King Cardiac Foundation and an unspecified charity close to Jackson.

In the meantime, the New York Post reported that Shawn King, Whitney Houston, Madonna and President Barack Obama will not be participating in Jermaine Jackson's global tribute to his brother, who died on June 25 at the age of 50 after suffering cardiac arrest. The show is being planned for September 26 on a crown-shaped stage at the Schoenbrunn Palace in Vienna, Austria, according to The Associated Press. The lineup for the three-hour show will reportedly be revealed in two weeks, but early reports are that it will feature around 10 major entertainers who will perform 15 to 20 of Jackson's hits. Jermaine Jackson said the site was chosen because his brother "loved castles."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1617390/20090731/jackson_michael.jhtml

Last edited:
was probably moved to the tribute section judging from the title - i'll check

Dont have much confidence in anything Jermaine is going to produce. I dont think he has much creative talent. I think he has been desperate to get back in the limelight...sorry but true.

Dont have much confidence in anything Jermaine is going to produce. I dont think he has much creative talent. I think he has been desperate to get back in the limelight...sorry but true.

Yep I agree and now Larry King's wife has pulled out of helping when she was one of the organisers, has she seen the light when it comes to fake Jermaine? He just wanted to raise his profile off the back of his own brother's death, like Joe promoting his record label = SICK SICK SICK

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/kings-wife-drops-out-of-jackson-tribute_1112903

While i would question Jermaines motives, i also think it will be great if a Michael song is number one again.

Back