Will Thriller ever be released in theatres or will we get it on Blu Ray?

mjj19582009

Proud Member
I was reading that Thriller was actually filmed on 35 mm film and there still hasnt been any blu ray or theatre re release. So is there a chance we might get to see it HD or in theatres?

Doing a Blu Ray of Thriller would be rather simple, the film was shot and edited on film. All they would have to do is scan the original negative (or a nice print) and you have a awesome HD version. (If the film has been kept properly.)

Jon Landis expressed wanting to convert Thriller to 3D sometime back so who knows when that will happen. As far as an HD version of Thriller I'm sure we will see it happen one day, money to be made.

I was reading that Thriller was actually filmed on 35 mm film and there still hasnt been any blu ray or theatre re release. So is there a chance we might get to see it HD or in theatres?

100% sure,maybe this year (30thy anniversary thriller?)

Would be cool for it to be out in cinemas

I hope so. It and other short films that were filmed should get Blu-Ray release. Look how good the quality is in Moonwalker blu-ray:

(remember 1080p HD)

Last edited:
Thriller was shown in some theaters when it was released in the 80s in order to be eligible for certain awards.

Yes it was. To qualify for an Academy Award for a short subject, the Thriller short film was shown in a theaters along with the 1940 Disney animated feature Fantasia, in December of 1983

Thriller was also shown in cinemas throughout the UK when Thriller 25 hit shops. I didn't attend a screening so I'm not sure what print was used.

Back