Will the estate ever release Victory Tour on DVD/Blu Ray?

michaeljojacksonfan

Proud Member
This is second on my wish list for most wanted MJ items. First being the BAD tour. Apparently its been confirmed that the BAD tour will indeed be coming next year (well overdue!!) but what about the Victory tour? Personally i think it would be nice to have every tour MJ did released on DVD/Blu Ray but just how likely is that? Chances are the BAD tour will be the only tour released worldwide, and if so i consider that a travesty. I think he (aswell as we) deserve to have all his tours released, especially the Victory tour.

Do you think the estate would ever release the Victory tour? Would there be a market for it? Or do you think the BAD tour will be the final tour released on DVD/Blu Ray?

It's on my wish list too, and I do hope The Estate will release it because as we can see lately on Youtube there are lots of great footages from Victory Tour, very good quality both audio and video.
As well as Bad Tour I would like to see being released on dvd every concert, from all locations.

Victory Tour Dallas was pressed on laser disc in 1985 by Joe Jacksons company at the time. I think it was about 500 that were pressed (but no release, due to Michael).

I know at least two were shot on film (as show in Henry Vorcaro's old collection), so there is definitely 'releasable material' available.

With that said, if one were to be released, my money would be on Dallas.

Victory Tour Dallas was pressed on laser disc in 1985 by Joe Jacksons company at the time. I think it was about 500 that were pressed (but no release, due to Michael).

I know at least two were shot on film (as show in Henry Vorcaro's old collection), so there is definitely 'releasable material' available.

A Victory Tour laserdisc, now that would be quite the collector's item. Good to read that some shows were shot on film, I'm hoping as well for a solid release.

If BAD Tour sells good I think the Estate and SONY will release more concerts.

But if BAD Tour DVD/Blu-Ray doesn't sell good they will not.

JohnC;3305221 said:

In another thread in this forum "Interview with an former Sony executive" he states

"The one thing that I’m looking forward to coming out is Michael had been sitting on all of the footage of the Victory Tour because he owns all of the footage of the Victory tour. I used to beg him all the time please. As a matter of fact, I do have a DVD unedited. It’s the straight footage for you.”

According to "The Magic And The Madness" in the first placeThe Jacksons would of wanted to record Victory but Michael wouldn't and then, when Michael wanted to record and did it, the brothers didn't want to let him released it.

What is for sure is that the footages exist, professionally recorded.

I hope so, I am dying to see this footage, it is amazing how we have footage from Destiny, two albums before Victory and it is better quality to what we have for Victory, just amazing.

It is my favourite tour, so please estate, release it!

If BAD Tour sells good I think the Estate and SONY will release more concerts.

But if BAD Tour DVD/Blu-Ray doesn't sell good they will not.

I really agree with that, I bet the Bad Tour will break a record for DVD sales I strongly believe that since we wanted it for years and Victory Tour will definatley go for a DVD/Blu-Ray release.

I hope so!
He's the greatest entertainer that ever lived but doesn't have a proper DVD/bluray on the market, that's a shame.

This is second on my wish list for most wanted MJ items. First being the BAD tour. Apparently its been confirmed that the BAD tour will indeed be coming next year (well overdue!!) but what about the Victory tour? Personally i think it would be nice to have every tour MJ did released on DVD/Blu Ray but just how likely is that? Chances are the BAD tour will be the only tour released worldwide, and if so i consider that a travesty. I think he (aswell as we) deserve to have all his tours released, especially the Victory tour.

I sure hope they include backstage footage as well. Behind the scenes with Michael would be as good as the actual concert for me.

^ That's leaked by Jeff in FB some time ago actually. As well as several screenshots. But I don't think he will leak full.

^ I don't know if it's VHS or laserdisc, but he has the show.

Someone please leak it or release it one of my favorite tours

Maybe we just need to let the estate know our feelings about wanting this, they seem to be liestening to the fans.

^ I don't know if it's VHS or laserdisc, but he has the show.

Weel by the looks of the cover I posted it is from the Laserdisc. It was the predecessor of the DVD.

The sound was also mastered in 5.1 surround sound. 500 copies were made! This is a rare item and the estate must know about this!

omg, that snippet. New information!!

Hopefully they do release a full show sometime.

I hope not. Honestly never cared for any of the tours by the Jacksons.

I hope not. Honestly never cared for any of the tours by the Jacksons.
you forget Michael was front and center and in great form part of the Jacksons . So that is why MJ Fans want it.
the only time the Jacksons were really insignificant was without Michael IMO.

Gaaaaaaaaaah! My mom's boyfriend was at THAT concert! :wild: :dropdead:

Gaaaaaaaaaah! My mom's boyfriend was at THAT concert! :wild: :dropdead:

:eek:
kermit.gif

you forget Michael was front and center and in great form part of the Jacksons . So that is why MJ Fans want it.
the only time the Jacksons were really insignificant was without Michael IMO.

I'm freaking pissed with the Jackson brothers as well but I agree on this comment, Michael is the front man par excellence and he has always overshadowed his brothers.

Is there by change a HQ copy of any of the shows? Most of the videos I've seen on YT have pretty bad quality...

I would love a Victory Tour Blu-Ray!! I hope someone let's the estate know we want this in the future

I wonder how would it be possible to get a Blue Ray from the Victory Tour when we only got a DVD fromt the Bad Tour which happened 4 years later than Victory?

Victory Tour MUST be released! It's a must! Michael was so electrifying!

[youtube]Sb1hE3h0h0E[/youtube]

I wonder how would it be possible to get a Blue Ray from the Victory Tour when we only got a DVD fromt the Bad Tour which happened 4 years later than Victory?

BAD could be released on blu ray and with better quality as soon as they find the original recording on film. The same goes for Victory. If they have the original film, then no problem for the blu ray release.

Do you think the estate or any other sources have the last footage of the December 9th closing concert in Los Angeles? I was reading in Jermaine Jacksons biography on MJ that at the end of that all the rest of the jacksons we're hoping to spread the tour to Europe (because news had spread about it over there) but Michael unexpectedly took to the mic made a speech said something like "this was the final show and there would be absolutely no more."

Back