Victory2004

Proud Member
Will Smith & DJ Jazzy Jeff Reunite for Hancock Premiere
By Scott Huver and Michael Y. Park
Originally posted Tuesday July 01, 2008 12:30 PM EDT
willsmithmh5.jpg
Will Smith at Hancock premiere party
Photo by: Eric Charbonneau / WireImage
Forget the free popcorn. There was an extra-special added bonus to the Hancock premiere in Hollywood Monday night: an impromptu show from leading man Will Smith and his old partner in rap, DJ Jazzy Jeff.
"I'm out of shape – I'm playing an out of shape superhero here," Smith, 39, said on a stage surrounded by carefully wrecked cars, "prison-cage" private lounges and a moon bounce for the kids.
But Smith seemed anything but winded in the party space outside Hollywood High School as he performed many of his hit songs, including the theme from the TV show that launched him to stardom, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

DJ Jazzy Jeff
Photo by: Eric Charbonneau / WireImage
Tyrese Gibson actually jumped on stage for a special request, "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It," while Hancock costars Charlize Theron and Jason Bateman bobbed to the tunes in the audience.
For a while, though, it conceivable that Theron might not even make it. The South African actress was noticeably late, for which she got gentle ribbing from Smith on the red carpet at Grauman's Chinese Theatre.
"Charlize Theron is a fantastic actress – gorgeous, sexy, powerful, so much range. From drama to comedy, she can do all things fantastic," Smith said. "But she can't tell time! She just can't tell time."
"I'm a girl," Theron wisecracked right back as she leaned into Smith. "That's how it goes." http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20209698,00.html

Back