Will MJ Blu-Ray or DVD Concerts ever be released???

snapware

Proud Member
Seriously, will High Quality version of MJ's Concert series ever be released?

Victory Tour
Bad Tour
Dangerous Tour
History

We really deserve this, not re-releases of the music videos over & over.

smooth criminal 5 said Sony is working on releaseing Bad Tour '88 I think 2011 or 2012.

The Bad Tour: Live At Wembley Stadium is coming for 2012. Not sure about Blu-Ray at this time, but the DVD is planned for sure. This will co-incide with the re-issue of the Bad album titled "Bad 25th Anniversary" and will contain 4-5 tracks remixed to feature modern artists. Similar to Thriller 25 as well as a never before heard track from the Bad era.

There is also talk of releasing the Bad concert from LA to DVD as well.

The Bad Tour: Live At Wembley Stadium is coming for 2012. Not sure about Blu-Ray at this time, but the DVD is planned for sure. This will co-incide with the re-issue of the Bad album titled "Bad 25th Anniversary" and will contain 4-5 tracks remixed to feature modern artists. Similar to Thriller 25 as well as a never before heard track from the Bad era.

are these updated news from your insider source?

Do you know whether Sony is planning anything for 2011 and 2012 as we speak?

Last edited:
I wish they wouldn't use modern artists. I'd rather have some authentic MIchael demos from the 80s than some modern remixes with Lady Gaga or whoever happens to be "hot" at the moment. Such moves really "date" an album. I really dislike those remixes on the Thriller album. Just my opinion.

Mmmm buuu, all of that is really great news, but where is the love for my holy grail Bad Tour MSG March 5th 1988???, maybe if we make all that hype like with Wembley they finally release it...will you help me?, or i have to sell my soul to the devil?

Man, I aint complaining but I WISH they release ALL the Tours that Michael was on... you know from Destiny, Victory,BAD and HIStory!!(We already have Dangerous Tour already)!

Does $only have the rights to the Destiny and Victory tour?????

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Bluray seems unlikely as they surely wouldn't have been filmed in HD in the first place.

I think for the Bad Tour they should release two DVDs. For the europeans, Bad Tour Wembley. And for the people in the U.S, Bad Tour L.A. Both citys are extremely significant in MJs life and career. Wembley was where he scored a world record, where Princess Diana and Prince Charles watched him perform, and where his final concerts were to be held (london).
L.A was his last place of residency, where he rehearsed for his final concerts and where his memorial was held.

I really think both Wembley and L.A deserve to be released. Perhaps one could get a physical release (sold in stores) and one get an online release (download).

Last edited:
I think for the Bad Tour they should release two DVDs. For the europeans Bad Tour Wembley, and for the people in the U.S Bad Tour L.A.
Both citys are extremely significant in MJs life and career. Wembley was there he scored a world record, where Princess Diana and Prince Charles watched him perform, and where his final concerts were to be held. L.A was his last place of residency, where he rehearsed for his final concerts and where his memorial was held.

That is a GREAT IDEA !!!

:clapping:

I think i have died & gone to heaven! What about the history tour?

If they did it right i think a Bad Tour on DVD/Blu Ray would be one of the greatest MJ releases EVER. The shows were beyond amazing, his look was top-notch, he was at the peak of his career performance wise and possibly popularity wise, etc, etc. The Bad Tour is probably the most wanted MJ item ever, and most likely the last BIG release that will come out (if that makes sense). I truly hope they do it right, and it gets massive promotion. It should amaze people, and remind them without a doubt that he was the greatest entertainer that EVER lived.

I'd love to see a Bad Tour DVD released. As much as a success as they were, I don't see the Victory tour being put on DVD. It's no secret MJ was not a fan of the Victory Tour...and I think they should respect MJ's wishes and not release it on film.

Dp you think that sony might want the original master mixes from Wembley Bad before they release it? ;)

Hmmmmm, I would like to see ULTIMATE BOX - Michael Jackson at Wembley!
In my dream :D box contains 15 concerts (7 from BAD, 5 from Dangerous and 3 from HIStory World Tour) :woohoo:
...but in reality I'll be glad :pray: with 1 concert @ Wembley from each Tour and of course at least another disc with special features - few (new) documentaries about 7 Wembley concerts from Bad Tour, Michael Jackson meets Princess Diana etc. etc.
Of course package is beautiful fancy box with ticket replicas, hardcover book 100+ pages with lots of photos (Michael, Wembley concert memorabilia etc.). Hmmmmmm, aaaaaaaaaaa.... :sleeping:

Then I would like to see Liverpool concert from Bad World Tour @ Aintree Racecourse.

Then Bad World Tour - Michael Jackson @ Madison Square Garden.
Then... :D

Was the Victory Tour even filmed professionally? The only professional footage I have seen is of Billie Jean with interviews with the crowd in between.

I think Blu Ray won't be released. Only HWT Munich would be released on Blu Ray due to its HD and film footage. We still haven't seen the real master of Munich because that version on ZDF HD was an upscale.

U see, the problem with DVDs though is the framerates and regions. I think most MJ concert footage may have been filmed in NTSC and then transferred to PAL/SECAM except for select regions like during the HIStory Tour second leg... Look at HWT Tunisia, there's a bit of frameskipping there, and HWT Brunei was also sourced from NTSC. Maybe Bad Tour was filmed in NTSC (MJ's country region) or maybe it was filmed in PAL (concert tour region)...

Was the Victory Tour even filmed professionally? The only professional footage I have seen is of Billie Jean with interviews with the crowd in between.

Check out the 2000 Watts section here on MJJC! We fans, have available to us pro shot versions of Victory Tour Kansas and Dallas '84. Also, a really good amateur version of the New York show from August '84 is really worth checking out.

By the way, ALL of Michael's concerts were professionally shot. Most of what was recorded, was shown to the live audience on the giant screens to the sides of the stage.

The real question is, which concerts were recorded on film not video? As film recordings can be upscaled to Blu Ray releases. We've all seen the extremely HQ recordings on the Moonwalker DVD of MJ performing on the Bad Tour, many speculate that those short clips were all that was recorded on 35mm film...However, I have a hard time believing that only two songs were recorded by those cameras on the night and they just switched them off afterwards.

It's well known that Mike had his Los Angeles 1989 Bad Tour shows filmed a little differently than most of his other shows. It is believed MJ wanetd L.A '89 released if a release was going to happen. Mike also used footage of L.A '89 in many official montage videos...Such as at the 1993 American Music Awards, The 'Brace Yourself' video and other occasions.

The fans in the U.S. would greatly appreciate Victory and Bad on DVD/BluRay since those two were his last tours over here (not gonna include his stop in Hawaii for History). To us Victory is significant since that was his last time touring with his brothers, and well like someone said earlier, MJ was in his prime for the Bad tour. Having seen both live, I would love to re-live those tours in my own house.

I think Blu Ray won't be released. Only HWT Munich would be released on Blu Ray due to its HD and film footage. We still haven't seen the real master of Munich because that version on ZDF HD was an upscale.

U see, the problem with DVDs though is the framerates and regions. I think most MJ concert footage may have been filmed in NTSC and then transferred to PAL/SECAM except for select regions like during the HIStory Tour second leg... Look at HWT Tunisia, there's a bit of frameskipping there, and HWT Brunei was also sourced from NTSC. Maybe Bad Tour was filmed in NTSC (MJ's country region) or maybe it was filmed in PAL (concert tour region)...

Pal/ntsc is not an issue anymore. they'll release it as ntsc, like was done with Vision. today all dvd-players and blu-ray players can playe ntsc and pal discs. of course the disc will be region free.
And i think all material is filmed in ntsc, mostly 24fps or 30fps(video).

The real question is, which concerts were recorded on film not video? As film recordings can be upscaled to Blu Ray releases.

Film has much higher resolution then hd. Movies don't get upscaled, they are down-scaled to 1080p.
to be more specific: 35mm film is converted for use on Blu-Ray discs using a process called 'telecine.' This involves scanning a print of the film at very high resolutions. Many studio films are scanned at 4K resolution (about 4,000 horizontal pixels) and downconverted in order to fit on the Blu-Ray disc.
thats why everyone is so hot about that we will get one day blu-rays with 4k or even 8k. which is cinema resolution.
today blu-rays have under 2k lines.

Last edited:
I wish they wouldn't use modern artists. I'd rather have some authentic MIchael demos from the 80s than some modern remixes with Lady Gaga or whoever happens to be "hot" at the moment. Such moves really "date" an album. I really dislike those remixes on the Thriller album. Just my opinion.

Agree. I'm sorry but I can't stand the sound that is said to be "hot" these days.

If they did it right i think a Bad Tour on DVD/Blu Ray would be one of the greatest MJ releases EVER. The shows were beyond amazing, his look was top-notch, he was at the peak of his career performance wise and possibly popularity wise, etc, etc. The Bad Tour is probably the most wanted MJ item ever, and most likely the last BIG release that will come out (if that makes sense). I truly hope they do it right, and it gets massive promotion. It should amaze people, and remind them without a doubt that he was the greatest entertainer that EVER lived.

Exactly! I can't wait the Bad Tour on DVD!

A bluray or a dvd, they should only think to work on the original masters tapes respecting all the process to improve it.

Man in the Mirror of the Moonwalker Blu Ray is too much contrasted and has too much grain. Another Part of Me in Paris from Vision is crappy.

Concerning the ratio, I would prefer to have a 4:3 respected if it was filmed like that.

Check out the 2000 Watts section here on MJJC! We fans, have available to us pro shot versions of Victory Tour Kansas and Dallas '84. Also, a really good amateur version of the New York show from August '84 is really worth checking out.

Thanks, I will

I hope they release ALL other MJ and J5 concerts before releasing HIStory tour.

AND I hope they release another Dangerous concert than the one already released. They must have more concerts from the DWT they could release.

AND I hope they release another Dangerous concert than the one already released. They must have more concerts from the DWT they could release.

But then please don't release concerts from the 93 leg. We all know what happened at that time and Michael was sick. His illness got even increased with each more concert, and not to forget that he was addicted to painkillers at that time. Watching the last concert of the tour, in Mexico City, is a disaster. It seemed like his mind was absent and only did his dance moves like a robot.

Back