will.i.am: 'Michael Jackson made MTV work'

billyworld99

Proud Member
will.i.am has said that he believes that Michael Jackson made networks like MTV possible.

The Black Eyed Peas frontman credited Jackson for bringing music videos to popularity with his early clips, and paving the way for music channels to be successful.

"There would be no MTV if it wasn't for Michael Jackson. If you think about it, 'Billie Jean' and 'Thriller' - all those songs - it was right around the time the video, it boomed. It was the first internet, right?" he explained to MTV News.

"The idea of a visual, coupled with audio, and it was the first time you would see your favorite artist who was played all over the radio that told you to go see the concert. So the video amplified concerts, it amplified the song on the radio, it created a business to where we were given MTV songs to play our video."

He added: "It was a great business. 'Check this out: I'm going to play the stuff you pay to make'... That is the best thing in the world."
http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a316207/william-michael-jackson-made-mtv-work.html

at least he's repeated this.. ppl outside of our community don't wanna hear this

Will is such a true and loyal friend to MJ.
He has all my respect for the dignified way he speaks and acts.

Michael made MTV the success it is today, pure and simple, and people that can't accept that need their head's examining.

Michael made MTV the success it is today, pure and simple, and people that can't accept that need their head's examining.

The people who can't seem to except that are MTV themselves

The people who can't seem to except that are MTV themselves

Exactly. He and other artists with influence should ask them to reinstate the award named after Michael that they took away from him. These artists need to stand up for Michael too.

MTV should reinstate The Michael Jackson Vanguard Award back, if it wasn't for MJ MTV wouldn't last as long as it did. Look at MTV today it is not even a music station anymore, it is filled with nonsense reality show.I agree with Will.

Will is so right on this.
MTV is a bunch of hypocrite.
What they did throughout the year is unbelievable.

whats the Michael Jackson Vanguard Award

The Video Vanguard Award, also known as the Michael Jackson Music Video Award or the Lifetime Achievement Award, is given to musicians who have made a difference on MTV . It is also given to music video directors not only to musicians.

:shifty:

Jackson_popcorn.gif

I think MTV should change MTV icon into MJ icon in every 25/6 and 29/8...like they did in 25/6/2009

Back