Wii or Playstation?

Sunflowers

Proud Member
I'm thinking about maybe getting myself a game console. But I'm doubting between Wii and Playstation. I know it depends on what purpose you want to use it for. I won't be playing shooting games and things like that. But more sports, racing, etc. Playstations pro for me is that you can play online for free. I don't know if Wii has that option. On the other hand the Wii is a lot less expensive. You can get it for like 120 euro on Amazon.

Anyone has experience with both and can point me too some interesting difference? I know they are a world apart. Oh and I won't be doing Zumba or whatever on the Wii. When I game I want to be lazy and sit on the couch hahaha.

I have both, for sports and racing games and things I would say the Play station 3, especially if you don't want to be lazy :lol:

The wii is really good for if your ever having a party or just people over, but the play station has free online gaming and the picture quality is much better than the wii's and the play station can also be used as a blu-ray player too :)

Buy Xbox 360. PS3 is better than Wii because Wii doesn't have many good games.

I have both, for sports and racing games and things I would say the Play station 3, especially if you don't want to be lazy :lol:

The wii is really good for if your ever having a party or just people over, but the play station has free online gaming and the picture quality is much better than the wii's and the play station can also be used as a blu-ray player too :)

The online gaming is something I was thinking of as well. I might be playing with my brother when he's at my house. But when there are more people we won't be gaming. And some that want to still can. I like the picture quality of the PS as well. Wii doesn't look that nice.
The blu-ray point is a good one, but I have a blu-ray player. All in all PS3 would be the fave, but it's so damn expensive.

Thanks everyone for your answers though. Haven't decided yet hahaha.

I have all 3 Playstations and a Nintendo Wii. And after my experience with them. I prefer the Nintendo Wii over the Playstation systems. Though I do L.O.V.E. the Final Fantasy and the Grand Theft Auto games for the Playstation. But with the Nintendo Wii I just L.O.V.E. the motion Wii remote for it. I just totally L.O.V.E. playing games like My Sims, the Mario games, and the Zelda games for it. Especially My Sims which is a very relaxing game to play. Well I think it is. And I also L.O.V.E. the fact that it is backwards compatible with the game cube games. Just as long you have a game cube controller and game cube memory cards for it. As well as some game cube games for it. And another thing that I L.O.V.E. about the Wii it is internet ready. You can get channels for it. And if you have Nintendo Wii points you can get almost any old Nintendo game for it. And play them on the system.

I have a wii but it dont work anymore and i dont know why :(

I have only PS2, my family has both Wii and PS3. I love playing my Naruto games on both those consoles. I haven't played PS3 for a year.

Apples and Oranges. Both consoles are different from one another. If your looking for more light hearted, family friendly games then go for the Wii and if your looking for more ''serious'', adult based games go for the PS3. Depends on the type of gamer you are

The PS3 is better in every way except maybe controls. The Wii has neat controls but it's games are mostly family games with a port of a cool game here and there. The Wii versions are usually inferior to the PS3, XBox & PC versions.

Ahhhh the descicion. It's so difficult. For the type of game I would choose the Wii, but I read it doesn't have an HDMI connection. What the hell is that. How can it not be HD compatible in this day and age. There are some cables to enhance it a bit, but they are expensive again.

i love both :) i cant decide on just one ! playstation is great for getting stuck into games and enjoying the story of the game, and the wii can be a lot more fun ! but they are both sooo awesome !! i love the games on the playstation 3 and on the wii :) the motion controllers are good too :p the wiis great for partys for the party games you can get, but the playstation has singstar and other party related kinda games what are also sooo fun !

Back