Why Xscape was a stroke of genius

larry141094

Proud Member
Having listened to the Deluxe edition and reflected on what i've heard, i would like to formally thank the Estate of Michael Jackson, LA Reid, Timbaland, Stargate, Justin Timberlake, Rodney Jerkins and all the people behind the scenes for a great production.

The reason i think this album is so good is because it caters to everyone's musical tastes. What do i mean by that? Well on my iPhone i have my Xscape playlist as follows:

1. Love Never Felt So Good (Featuring Justin Timberlake)
2. Chicago (2014)
3. Lovin You (2014)
4. A Place With No Name (2014)
5. Slave To The Rhythm (2014)
6. Do You Know Where Your Children Are? (1990)
7. Blue Gangsta (1998)
8. Xscape (2014)

With the original demos included, a fan can choose what version is (for them) the best fit on an album. It allows us to truly experience what we want to experience. Because of this reason... this is the ONLY MJ album i own that i dont skip a single track... and the way i determine an albums strength is by the percentage of songs i play from it. In this case, it's 100% and is my only MJ album that reaches that standard.

Xscape is the album we were missing in 2010 and im glad that we had the opportunity to hear it in 2014.

I'm with you all the way!!!
For me it's the album of the year!!!
No contemporary artist can compete with Michael's genius!

I don't have a playlist yet. Just listening to it as two separate albums.

Maybe I'll mix them together later on, but not really feeling that right now.

Hello fellow MJ aficionados. First post here, die hard fan and longtime reader of the MMJ community.

The Xscape album was a stroke of genius on many levels:

- Substance. This is a big budget project that was done the right way. People can nitpick about how certain producers 'butchered' certain songs, but its undeniable that Xscape is a great album and nothing short of a blessing to our ears. 80's and 90's Michael, with a range of different styles, over tight production that showcases his unparalleled/unique singing style.

- The rollout. From Timberland's initial announcement to the "Best You've Never Heard" listening parties, the Sony phone collaboration, the iHeartRadio debut of "Love Never Felt So Good," the Justin Timberlake collaboration, the rollout of one single per day this week (really screwing with my bedtime scheduling), the Jeep sponsorship deal and on. This was executed masterfully.

- Strategy/Timing. At long last, Michael is getting a very warm reception reception from the media. It seems like the mainstream is finally at the point where they can appreciate the music for what it is. I'm sort of shocked Wade Robson hasn't been all over TMZ this week, maybe next week. Maybe he came down with some horrible illness? :)

- The future. Today we had the announcement that there will be a one of a kind groundbreaking deal at the Billboard Music Awards next Sunday night. I know I'm not the only person whose first thought was - HOLOGRAM. And I know I'm not the only person whose second thought was - HOLOGRAM TOUR.

- Expectations. "Love Never Felt So Good" was a Top 20 hit, tying Thriller's debut on the charts. Let that sink in for a second. I'm expecting 'strong' first week numbers and a few million albums sold total, more than 'Michael.' That said, don't poop a brick if it doesn't go to number 1, it won't. This is not about becoming a global phenomenon again. The story has already been told, the rules were broken and the records were shattered before some of you were even born. This is about cementing Michael's legacy and bumping him back up a few more spots in the public consciousness. We are well on our way to achieving that already, before the album has even dropped.

It's a good time to be an MJ fan. It is our duty to carry on his legacy for generations to come and now we've got even more great, 'current' material to further the cause.

That is all, go moonwalk or something.

1. Love Never Felt So Good (2014)
2. Chicago (2014)
3. Loving You (2014)
6. Do You Know Where Your Childern Are (2014)
7. Blue Gangsta (2014)
8. Xscape (2014)

Haha I'm happy with every version. :D
They just sound fresh.. which I needed from MJ songs.

Best album in 2014 I think.

Could be Album of the YEAR !!

Just to answer the question:

Because of Michael Jackson, the King Of Music & Entertainment.

And because of the people who where chosen to work on this project.
Perfect, flawless choices.

I would love to have them ALL back for another album.
I'm already sad, that Timbo & LA Reid said they won't be back. Ah, maybe they change their minds.

Credit to all who worked on this great album on this great project in general. I hope they get these positive voices & feedbacks.

Everything has been great so far. - BUT if they only release 3 singles that would be a BIG mistake!!

There are actually 8 songs on this album there could be released as singles!!!!

So why not release ALL of them as singles? - It does not cost them anything to release them as singles does it??

A single on iTunes with some additional mixes would be great! - And it can only be a good thing financeially! - right?

This album needs all the promotion it can possibly get!

MANY singles - music videos, billboards, award show performances, news paper adds, TV adds - promotion should be HUGE!!!

The bigger promotion the better sales - and with better sales comes more money...

I have to admit that after having the new tracks and the original tracks on loop all day, i do sorta see them as two separate albums now. However, i prefer the JT/Timbaland version of LNFSG, so that will always be in the playlist. That said, i really like the original STTR, DYKWYCA and LY. My favorite track is the 2014 Xscape... i think they nailed that track personally

- Strategy/Timing. At long last, Michael is getting a very warm reception reception from the media. It seems like the mainstream is finally at the point where they can appreciate the music for what it is. I'm sort of shocked Wade Robson hasn't been all over TMZ this week, maybe next week. Maybe he came down with some horrible illness?
Sadly this warm reception may be about to change with the new allegations :-(

This album needs all the promotion it can possibly get!

MANY singles - music videos, billboards, award show performances, news paper adds, TV adds - promotion should be HUGE!!!

The bigger promotion the better sales - and with better sales comes more money...

Yes I agree and so far so good. huge promotion right now :D

It's a good idea to release both versions of unreleased music to cater to as many people as possible. After the controversial Michael album it's good to see Bad 25 and Xscape keeping the fans happy.

Everyone on Facebook is talking about it. Even people who don't like Michael Jackson.

I take back what I said about the promotion. Everyone and their grandmother knew that there was a new MJ cd coming out today.

Hello fellow MJ aficionados. First post here, die hard fan and longtime reader of the MMJ community.

The Xscape album was a stroke of genius on many levels:

- Substance. This is a big budget project that was done the right way. People can nitpick about how certain producers 'butchered' certain songs, but its undeniable that Xscape is a great album and nothing short of a blessing to our ears. 80's and 90's Michael, with a range of different styles, over tight production that showcases his unparalleled/unique singing style.

- The rollout. From Timberland's initial announcement to the "Best You've Never Heard" listening parties, the Sony phone collaboration, the iHeartRadio debut of "Love Never Felt So Good," the Justin Timberlake collaboration, the rollout of one single per day this week (really screwing with my bedtime scheduling), the Jeep sponsorship deal and on. This was executed masterfully.

- Strategy/Timing. At long last, Michael is getting a very warm reception reception from the media. It seems like the mainstream is finally at the point where they can appreciate the music for what it is. I'm sort of shocked Wade Robson hasn't been all over TMZ this week, maybe next week. Maybe he came down with some horrible illness? :)

- The future. Today we had the announcement that there will be a one of a kind groundbreaking deal at the Billboard Music Awards next Sunday night. I know I'm not the only person whose first thought was - HOLOGRAM. And I know I'm not the only person whose second thought was - HOLOGRAM TOUR.

- Expectations. "Love Never Felt So Good" was a Top 20 hit, tying Thriller's debut on the charts. Let that sink in for a second. I'm expecting 'strong' first week numbers and a few million albums sold total, more than 'Michael.' That said, don't poop a brick if it doesn't go to number 1, it won't. This is not about becoming a global phenomenon again. The story has already been told, the rules were broken and the records were shattered before some of you were even born. This is about cementing Michael's legacy and bumping him back up a few more spots in the public consciousness. We are well on our way to achieving that already, before the album has even dropped.

It's a good time to be an MJ fan. It is our duty to carry on his legacy for generations to come and now we've got even more great, 'current' material to further the cause.

That is all, go moonwalk or something.

I'm sooooooo stealing that line. . . :lmao:

Great post, btw :D

Having listened to the Deluxe edition and reflected on what i've heard, i would like to formally thank the Estate of Michael Jackson, LA Reid, Timbaland, Stargate, Justin Timberlake, Rodney Jerkins and all the people behind the scenes for a great production.

The reason i think this album is so good is because it caters to everyone's musical tastes. What do i mean by that? Well on my iPhone i have my Xscape playlist as follows:

1. Love Never Felt So Good (Featuring Justin Timberlake)
2. Chicago (2014)
3. Lovin You (2014)
6. Do You Know Where Your Children Are? (1990)
7. Blue Gangsta (1998)
8. Xscape (2014)

With the original demos included, a fan can choose what version is (for them) the best fit on an album. It allows us to truly experience what we want to experience. Because of this reason... this is the ONLY MJ album i own that i dont skip a single track... and the way i determine an albums strength is by the percentage of songs i play from it. In this case, it's 100% and is my only MJ album that reaches that standard.

Xscape is the album we were missing in 2010 and im glad that we had the opportunity to hear it in 2014.

See this is what i am talk about it appeal to the new and the old and that is the way it should be.

I love your playlist.:yes:

Back