Why no second vers in beat it and BOW?

He only did one verse for Jam, Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (if I remember correctly) and he didn't even sing the verses in The Way You Make Me Feel (that we saw), he just went straight to the bridge!

As for the reason, I really don't know :unsure:

Maybe Michael shortened the songs so he could fit more into the set list?

And Man In The Mirror :S I think he sang the whole songs but kenny clipped it away so it would fitt in the movie :(

he would have done the full songs in concert but to fit it all in a movie they had to shorten most of the songs.
for BOW he would have only done the one verse because we saw him instructing the band to play according to that but the others were cut due to time constraints for a movie i believe :)

he would have done the full songs in concert but to fit it all in a movie they had to shorten most of the songs.
for BOW he would have only done the one verse because we saw him instructing the band to play according to that but the others were cut due to time constraints for a movie i believe :)

okey, just what I thought , thanks :)

And Man In The Mirror :S I think he sang the whole songs but kenny clipped it away so it would fitt in the movie :(

There must've been a problem with the start of MITM - they wouldn't have just interviewed the back-up singers and plonked it over the top. Just like when he messed up at the start of BoW, they had interviews over that and cut to "let's do it one more time". It wouldn't have anything to do with length as it would have lasted for as long as the original rehearsal.

There must've been a problem with the start of MITM - they wouldn't have just interviewed the back-up singers and plonked it over the top. Just like when he messed up at the start of BoW, they had interviews over that and cut to "let's do it one more time". It wouldn't have anything to do with length as it would have lasted for as long as the original rehearsal.

he didnt mess up BOW? it was the band or something that did not make it right or something in the beginning of BOW not Michael

he didnt mess up BOW? it was the band or something that did not make it right or something in the beginning of BOW not Michael

He stops singing and says something like, "Oops, sorry, there is no second verse".

He stops singing and says something like, "Oops, sorry, there is no second verse".

Yeah but that was before the performance that u see in the movie...for like five seconds.. Then when u see the performance from the begining it didnt contain the second vers. yep :)

I think it was just to fit more songs in. Before rehearsals started I hoped the set list would be full of medleys and shorter versions of songs so we could get more and I think thats what they went with.

because michael had so many amazing songs he would of performed! and if he did them all in full he would of been there about 5 hours lol. so yeah. he'd miss out some verses to fit more in. I would like to see the beginning of man in the mirror tho :/

there are a few reasons. for one thing MJ was 50 years old and he's got 50 years worth of music to summarize when he does a tour. You don't want him worn out halfway through the show.

Also audiences have heard and seen routines for these songs for decades. It's gotta feel fresh and quick to the point so you don't get bored watching it.

It's the same reason we only got short clips of a few songs during the 1995 performance prior to Dangerous.

Look at the 80's grammys wymmf. one verse and one chorus leads in acapella, then 5 seconds of music, and bam he's already to the chorus. Only that performance had nothing to do with his age obviously. He could have went on for hours.

Back